Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soilx3 View Post

Mandatory watch.
    That was fucking great, the "I can't see out of my eyes" part was hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Bread. Real pickles. Various sausages (real salami, e.g.), soy sauce, various hot sauces (tabasco, et al), worcestershire sauce, sauerkraut...

Fermented things that most people don't find gross.

As for kombucha, I don't mind it but I don't buy it. I might try make it myself but it's not high on my list. I get enough probiotics from yogurt, which I also make myself.
    hmm, guess you don't really think about the gross way some normal things are made.

It sounds like the main concern about that stuff is that there isn't really a regulation on what goes into it and how to make it so people get poisoned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    hmm, guess you don't really think about the gross way some normal things are made.
    Do you think bread is gross? Beer? Cheese? It's the same thing. Kombucha is tea, sugar and yeast. Charging 78 bucks for a bottle is scam, yes, but supermarket Kombucha is even pasteurized, there's not even live yeast in it.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2017-05-20 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I have never drunk kombucha... it looks disgusting. Fermented stuff really isn't a thing for me.
    a finnish person that dislikes beer? eh?!

Am I missing something or is this really just tea and sugar and yeast that people let sit for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    Am I missing something or is this really just tea and sugar and yeast that people let sit for a while.
    Pretty much, but with the added bonus of curing literally everything! Now for only $78 dollars for a tiny bottle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    This will probably be banned in the EU due to it not meeting health and hygiene standards.

It'll trend in the USA I guess though.
    Kombucha is available in EU (Germany) for a very long time and it is not banned.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Do you bread is gross? Beer? Cheese? It's the same thing. Kombucha is tea, sugar and yeast. Charging 78 bucks for a bottle is scam, yes, but supermarket Kombucha is even pasteurized, there's not even live yeast in it.
    i do not drink alcohol, but i do eat bread and cheese. like, when i think of fermentation, i think of rotting fruit, the fermented tree sap that forms at the base of the trees around my house each summer, gross stuff like that. i just never really considered things like pickles and bread and cheese.

It tastes good, but all the supposed benefits are pseudoscience babble.

It's just a way to promote good gut health, there is a lot of neuroscience coming out about the connection between the brain and the gut.

I like kombucha, you can make it at home for pennies.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Isn't pro-biotic one of those terms that is now overused to simply say that it is sort of healthy?

Why not just make a liter of green tea or anything else and have the same effects?
    No, probiotics are the bacteria in your gut that break down your food further and play a big role in your immunity. A recent study suggested they also play a role in your general feelings of happiness and anxiety. they study actually suggests that low levels of good gut bacteria can cause depression in some.

The bacteria in your gut actually communicate with your brain through a nerve (think the name of it begins with a v).

Most people have low levels of the probiotics due to: drugs like antibiotics, toxins in the environment or poor diet.

You don't need to drink that crazy stuff to get them though. The kombucha actually has low levels of probiotics when compared with most supplements. I would suggest supplementing if you feel you may have low probiotic levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    No, probiotics are the bacteria in your gut that break down your food further and play a big role in your immunity. A recent study suggested they also play a role in your general feelings of happiness and anxiety. they study actually suggests that low levels of good gut bacteria can cause depression in some.

The bacteria in your gut actually communicate with your brain through a nerve (think the name of it begins with a v).

Most people have low levels of the probiotics due to: drugs like antibiotics, toxins in the environment or poor diet.

You don't need to drink that crazy stuff to get them though. The kombucha actually has low levels of probiotics when compared with most supplements. I would suggest supplementing if you feel you may have low probiotic levels.
    good to know, Guess i'll take a glance at good supplements as i often have to use heavy antibiotics yearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    This will probably be banned in the EU due to it not meeting health and hygiene standards.

It'll trend in the USA I guess though.
    It has been a popular drink in the US for at least a decade. At first it was only in health food stores and high end gyms, now all grocery stores seem to have a decent selection. As far as health and hygiene standards it is no different then many cheese or alcoholic beverages sold all over the EU.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post

Vagus nerve is what you were looking for.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gut%E2%80%93brain_axis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ButterBeast View Post
    a finnish person that dislikes beer? eh?!
    Well I kind of like beer, but can't really drink it. My stomach says no.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    good to know, Guess i'll take a glance at good supplements as i often have to use heavy antibiotics yearly.
    Yeah, most doctors now prescribe probiotics with the anti- biotics. If you have been on anti-biotics then I highly recommend the pro biotics. It takes 2-4 weeks to really feel the difference, but if you supplement them regularly you will notice it, at least I did. My digestion is so much better and I get sick less often.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Vagus nerve is what you were looking for.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gut%E2%80%93brain_axis
    Ty, at least I was right about it starting with a "v". The body is so amazing, I was actually stunned when I first learned about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Same for me, pretty much. I have heard that it tastes okay, but personally I never got around to try it.
    It's a hard flavor to get adjusted to. I drink it maybe like every few months(it's decent for a hangover but I don't get them anymore). Oddly it smells like alcohol to me.

I would recommend for people who are trying it to NOT get the chia seed kind as that's something weird enough in itself, but trying to weird things at once would just be too much for some people.

Also, I'm pretty sure the people in this thread talking about fermented things do in fact consume fermented things at the very least on occasion.

Kombucha is easily one of the most foul drinks on the planet. I'm fairly certain it is made from rain water runoff from Bourbon Street in New Orleans.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

It's disgusting.