10+ Year Old Account
    these are the worst conference finals we've had in a long time.

edit: whaat i had a hilarious new lebron sig but it got removed by some auto bot thing. rip
    Last edited by Racthoh; 2017-05-20 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyenut88 View Post
    Kawhi out for game 3. Very unfortunate for the Spurs.
    Damn that sucks. No way that they win. This year, or game 3, or ever if they go down 0-3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Brad Stevens "One of the things i leave with tonight is that at the start of the 4th quarter that had some players that been in the league for a looooong time playing their butts off" i also noticed this and found it to be funny that even against Clevelands "2" squad the Celtics had a tough time.
    Well I mean. He had to say something nice and positive to the media. He's not pro like Popovich who tells everyone to stop asking the same fucking questions and saying "yeah our team was a fucking disgrace out there. Only one nigga showed up to play. And LaMarcus Aldridge needs to play like he's a superstar, obviously. What the fuck else do you idiot media think?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, can stick a fork in the Celtics season. Isiah Thomas out for the rest of the season: http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/pres...out-for-game-3

- - - Updated - - -

Certainly explains why his performance and stats seemed to decline from that game 6 against the Wizards onwards. Every game critics kept saying he wasn;t playing up to his standerds, well duh-huh, hard to do when you have a hip injury.

This takes little away from the fact the Cavs would have still beat the Celtics, but with IT hobbled there was just no way the team stood a chance. They need his scoring and feed off of it in a major way, with that not happening the team fell flat.

It's sad but this Cavs series was (in hindsight) over before it even began.

Hmmmmmmmm. Yeah, sucks for Boston. I guess going to hard to win against Wizards wasn't actually for the best.

----

I went to the circus this morning so I didn't get to post my usual daily game thing.

Game 3 of GSW @ SAS started like 16 mins ago? Tune in to ESPN to watch. I took a nap and just woke up so zzz missed the beginning. Also I hope it's a beatdown because at 11 o clock I wanna watch the end of Samurai Jack so....Good luck Golden State.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder why the game is on ESPN. Usually Saturday night is ABC NBA night. And tomorrow TNT will host the game, whereas it's usually ABC Sunday Day NBA games.

I guess the "Finals" are in effect. For the first two rounds each network gets whatever game lands on their "day"/timeslot. TNT gets the ECF, ESPN gets the WCF, and ABC gets the Finals [even though the ESPN team usually does the commentary and analysis for ABC so it's basically the same as ESPN hosting the game].

- - - Updated - - -

Spurs up 33-29 at end of first. I don't think that's good enough. Spurs need to start out amazingly strong and keep GS away all game long if they want to win. Might as well declare GS the winner.

The only question for GS and Cavs at this point is how fresh can their cores be for June 1st for the Finals. Cause both of them are going to Fo fo fo their way there.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah we'll see what happens in the 2nd half but i won't give up hope just yet. maybe pop told them he'll let kahwi play if they can win a game without him.

GSW up 64-55 at halftime. Spurs might as well concede the series. If it wasn't for that $TV and in-stadium$ monies then they would.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    yeah we'll see what happens in the 2nd half but i won't give up hope just yet. maybe pop told them he'll let kahwi play if they can win a game without him.
    *hisssssssssss* If you didn't root for the Houston series to last extra games, then Kawhi wouldn't have been injured in the first place, and Spurs would be up 2-1 after tonight's game (maybe 3-0) and it'd have been interesting!

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah it's sad to think how different the series would be

Well. Golden State wins. No team ever came back down 0-3. Won't happen this series either.

Deleted
    Zaza is the MVP of the WCF. He won the serie with one "defensive" play.

Tonight:
    BOS @ CLE. (0-2). 8:30 PM. TNT.

- - - Updated - - -

TNT Crew is doing a half hour show before the game. I may tune into it. I gotta remind myself to watch Silicon Valley at 10. Hopefully tonight will be another beatdown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Celtics were competitive for the first 3 min and had their first lead in the series? Trying to look for bright spots here.

Cavs up 35-24 at end of first quarter. I think they're on autopilot to winning this game.

I'm just following the score on TV. Not really watching.

15+ Year Old Account
    What do people want from announcers? What do you wish they talked about during games?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Cavs up 66-50 at halftime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frunken View Post
    What do people want from announcers? What do you wish they talked about during games?
    ? Is this in response to something that they talked about this game? Because I wasn't listening. Did something cool happen?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    ? Is this in response to something that they talked about this game? Because I wasn't listening. Did something cool happen?
    Nah, just general curiosity. Seems like no one likes announcers.

Though it did pop in my mind because they went "talk about tristan thompson though - wow! 3 for 3 in...free throws."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    I was just looking at Marcus Smart's stats. Holy god is he a terrible shooter. He shot 36% from the field this year, which is 6th worst in the league for players who qualified for the scoring title. Of players who shot more than 700 times, he has the worst fg%, and the second worst is .439 - EIGHT PERCENT higher. He hits 80% of his free throws so that makes him less outlandishly bad, but he's still one of the least effective offensive players in the league.
    Yeah, he's terrible.....and yet, somehow, he also often inspires the team to play well when he's on the field. Something about his defense and his energy seems to bring out the best of the rest of the team. If he ever manages to get a consistent shot, he'd be starting. Part of the current run of the Celtics in this game is cause fo the 3's falling, but it;s also cause of denying the Cavs, which is part of what Smart brings.

Unsurprisingly this is the first time this series I'm entertained. They'll likely get blasted in the 4th and get in foul trouble, but they are definitely bringing it this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't wanna jynx it but hot damn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    i don't wanna jynx it but hot damn
    I fully expect LBJ top turn it on in the next 5 min and make it a comfortable win still. I'm crazy entertained though, regardless of end result.

Omg Boston is back in it. Game was tied 95-95 with 5:30 left.

- - - Updated - - -

Boston up 99-98 with 4:15 left. They were down by 21 at some point in the game.

Jeff Van Gundy is probably my favorite announcer. He knows the game very well, and can comment on the type of offense or defense a team is running and how to counter it. He calls out players for failing their defensive assignments/having bad attitudes/work ethic. He vocally hates on things that he thinks ruins the game like flopping or rip through moves. Sometimes he gets off topic but I forgive him for this.

99-101, Boston is in the game right now with 3 min to go. Hope they grab this one.