Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This freaking show and it's damn theme song.....

Fluke man on x files was the only thing from media that ever gave me a nightmare in my childhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    As a small child I was absolutely terrified of Grotbags on Emu's Pink Windmill Show, during her skits I had to hide behind the settee.
    I once saw her at a Local Fair and my dad tried to take me up to see her, i turned tail and ran for dear life.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    I remember having vivid nightmares as a child about the Crypt Keeper from Tales From the Crypt and the Honeycomb cereal monster chasing me.

[IMG]http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/villains/images/5/5d/675249-crypt_keeper_large.png/revision/latest?cb=20160110153816[IMG] [IMG]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/XJzJ2W0WmQA/hqdefault.jpg[IMG]
    dude, i loved crypt keeper, i always thought he was so funny. my grandma probably shouldn't have let me watch some episodes of that show though, considering i was only like 4.

for things that scared me, i can't remember a whole lot, but i definitely remember shit like chucky scared the fuck out of me and still do. i will straight up faint if you scare me with dolls, one of my worst phobias. then there was it, i've gotten over that one now, but it was terror when i was like 7.

and some of scary stories to tell in the dark. that fucking zombie chick pic.

10+ Year Old Account
    That scene from Batman Forever early on in the movie where Batman and a security guard are trapped in a bank vault that had been pulled out of the building and it began filling with acid. "It's boiling acid!" I remember the guard screaming. It gave me a nightmare of being that guard being melted by that acid. Funny thinking about it, seeing how Batman Returns was way darker and scarier and yet it never gave me any troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Bill Clinton and Democrats. As i've grown older i've just come to realize how silly they are.
    sure it did.

and if it did, your parents obviously had major mental problems that they instilled fear into you at such an early age about Clinton and democrats.

I can not remember, I know there were a few things that scared me when I was a kid, but I can't remember what they were.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think to date only two movies or shows have ever frightened me into having nightmares when I was a kid.

First was Aliens and the second was a crappy Indian horror series by today standards but at the time it gave me a fright.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    sure it did.

and if it did, your parents obviously had major mental problems that they instilled fear into you at such an early age about Clinton and democrats.
    Psst, do not take the bait .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Deleted
    The execution of Alex Murphy in Robocop (1987).
    When the Lost Ark was opened and the Nazis' faces melt.
    Gremlins.
    Things my parents let me watch when I was a kid.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only remember 2 things scaring me when I was growing up. Alien, and Jason Vorhees.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

King Ramses from Courage the Cowardly Dog

Alien.
    /10char

Barney the Dinosaur, because he just...looked really, really...weird...and creepy. To me at least. But that's nothing compared to Ole Thestrup, danish actor. He's actually really cool as a person, but the roles he plays in movies are just...'colorful'. He's the reason why I learned my traffic rules as a wee grasshopper super fast. He was starring in traffic adverts, playing a really fucking creepy cop, and the way he does voices, his appearence and stuff just made me develop a severe, healthy fear on the spot. And it stuck in my memory.

It still does. .__. My childhood fear was a bit wonky-looking dude with the creepiest voice ever, and an eerily good way of making it come across even creepier in anything he did on tv.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0857663/?ref_=tt_cl_t6

10+ Year Old Account

Fuck. This. Shit.

Don't know why they chose a cute cat thing for the cover, totally misleading as to the terror within.

This is just the version I read as a kid, but its apparently a very old Appalachian folk story told a thousand times with no traceable origin. A starving hunter with nothing to eat happens to nick a fleeting creature with his axe, severing it's tail. He cooks and eats the tail, then goes to sleep for the night. He then begins to hear a voice, saying "Tailypo, Tailypo, I want my Tailypo!" Scared, he trusts his dogs to handle any creature that may be lurking outside, and goes back to sleep. Then he wakes to hear something rustling against his pots and pans, with the voice once again demanding its 'tailypo'. Now worried, he calls out to his dogs, only to hear silence. The creature enters his beadroom, slowly raising itself onto the hunters body. The hunter tells the thing its tail is gone, but the creature insists he still has it...which he still does, if you think about it. The creature then guts the hunter and retrieves it's tail. As described by the actual story, this seems like a more accurate representation of the creature than the cover:

Also this scene from Terminator 2. I think I lost a bit of childhood here, it was one of the first times I thought about nuclear war and my own mortality. I remember sitting in the bath trying to wrap my head around the fact that I was going to die one day. I was terrified.

And I've made mention of this plenty of times before on the forums but

Watched this wayyyyy too young.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2017-05-21 at 12:47 AM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Tremors. The first movie irrationally scared me so freaking much. My sister and I shared a bunk bed, her on top and me on bottom. After that movie, I had to sleep on top with her for almost a month before I could sleep on the bottom again. The second one was so laughably bad that I never had any issue with it.

Hardware. Little known Sci-Fi movie with a killer robot in it. The sound it made while walking (a sort of air pressure piston sound) scared the shit out of me, I think because it was just such a sharp, sudden sound. My dad woke us up one day by covering himself in a grey sheet and making that sound as he walked in the door, I literally pissed the bed.

The Thing. I couldn't pet dogs for months after my parents made me watch that.

I never had an issue with Alien/s. I actually fell in love with the first two, even from a young age. I was simply fascinated. The second one I must have watched 20 times before I was even in HS.

One that bugs me as an adult is Dog Soldiers. That scene where the werewolves are walking I believe out of the kitchen toward the soldiers, they're all tall and spindly looking, just creeps me the fuck out. There was an older werewolf movie that scared me briefly, but I can't remember what it was called at this point.

There was an episode of Tales From the Crypt I believe called 'The Raft', in which this moss or oil slick was eating people. It's the single reason I no longer go swimming in natural bodies of water. Edit: NVM I think it was on Creepshow 2 and not Tales.
    Last edited by endersblade; 2017-05-21 at 12:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Silence of the lambs and one episode of unsolved mysteries when I was around 10 or so.

They both scarred me.

edward scissorhands

Always made me cry

Oddly enough I saw Alien when I was about 5 and it didn't scare me that much. A few years later fucking Mars Attacks! scared the ever lasting shit out of me. Something about the alien design and they're guns just terrified me.

Also Starship troopers, watched it way too young. Ended up being one of my fav movies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    Oddly enough I saw Alien when I was about 5 and it didn't scare me that much.
    I'm guessing that's because you were 5. Five year olds don't have the brain power to be scared.