Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Especially considering making gold has gotten considerably more difficult over time unless you play the AH and apparently that's even gotten less rewarding because of the current AH prices.

I had methods of making gold that didn't require me doing much outside of regular gameplay and that got cut by more than half over the last few months.
    I made a few thousand selling legion blacksmithing plate gear on the AH in one day, can't be that hard. Selling boots on my server got me 4k per, the ingots are like 1k. That plus the gold missions in the class hall get about 2 or so if done properly. You can't make as much as these people are claiming, obviously, but you can still make a decent amount if you actually try. Problem is, if you want to get a WoW token and you're not already super rich or buying them with real money to flip for gold, then you're gonna be doing nothing else but making gold unless you have no job and play all day long to pay for the tokens as high as they are now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    You just proved his point though, you have nothing to back it up.

I herb and mine to jewelcrafting, and nothing comes close to taking home that kind cash. Hell, with the extra, I also sell flasks. Still nothing comes close. With flying it's even worse, as now, people are more willing to farm.

Your anecdotal evidence is as strong as mine. I put the work in, as I farm roughly 7-8 hours a week when I am playing. (Currently waiting for Tomb to release to use a token.) Not even close to making 1.2 mil in a month.
    I just did prove hes point wrong,you stopid mate?
    You must gain control over your gold or the lack of it will forever control you.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmartin View Post
    Grinding what exactly? I haven't found anything remotely valuable this expansion that I could farm for that kind of cash
    1) Level character to 110
    2) level two separate crafting professions to 800 (is really cheap now)
    3) unlock broken shore
    4) sell legendary worth 2x100k twice a week per time you have repeated steps 1-4.

I already made 1.2m gold and I'm just going for quick sales. All you have to do is farm 65 or 130 bloods per character per cycle of nether disruptor.

Deleted
    Someone have to buy the token for real money to be able to sell. It's not like Blizzard take ur gold for no money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    pretty cheap. wow would of thought it would be A LOT higher.

250k in today's wow is 1 or 2 days of grinding
    Bullshit, liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Except EU tokens cost 20 euro and give 13 euro balance. Well executed cash grab from blizzard.
    Has nothing to do with a cashgrab from Blizzard, its a cashgrab yeah, but from your local government that applies sales tax.

US prices are excluding sales tax, all EU prices are incl +- 20% sales tax.

The 20 euro cost here which is including sales tax, if you want to compare with the US you need to convert that price to exclude the sales tax. 20/120 = 0.166 * 100 = 16.66 euro. Thats 3,33 euro's out of the 20 that doesn't go to Blizzard but go into taxes, the 16,66 euro that goes to Blizzard is 18.67 Dollar in current exchange rates.

If you look at the cut Blizzard actually takes a smaller cut in the EU than they do in the US, they take a 3.66 euro cut, which is 4.10 dollar in current exchange rates. In the end Blizzard with current exchange rates Blizzard actually makes less money from a token sold in the EU than they do from a token sold in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well comparing to wildstar sub for gold (wich is same pretty much):

70 platium = (1 plat = 100g) 70.000g
    1plat =100g 70plat x 100g = 7.000 not 70.000 (first grade for you again please)

Quote Originally Posted by iNUKE View Post
    Tank alts healer alts, lfr with bonuses, sell runes 3-5k per lfr
    World quests alts is like 5-10k per day per alt
    Some professions you can easily make 10k a day per alt with no effort

If you add everything together and have like 5 alts you can get 200k in 2 or 3 days easily,.. and I'm not including any sort of farming or crazy moves.

It's actually a surprise the wow token has remained so cheap during all this time legion.
    I'm sure it will get much higher than that, I'd point to a 1million gold pretty soon, and then stabilise at 1 million at least for awhile because 1 million is a threshold in the human minds.
    Agree if you spend your day time front of a pc monitor. Get a life.

ITT: Easy gold making methods that net you millions of gold if you just invest 10 hours a day into mind-numbingly boring grind!

Like, instead of delivering newspapers for an hour, you could instead just play for 10 hours straight, farming nethershards on 5 characters.... and get the same amount of money/gold! Making gold is so easy!

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Well, prices aren't the same on all servers. Lots gold making videos are made on dead servers where prices are stupid. "QUICK AND EASY WAY TO EARN 20k/HOUR!" Farming some item that sells for 3x as much on their server as the EU/US median price. And people bite. Such an easy way to get views.
    Quick & easy doesn't go along well with dead server, on dead server you can price gouge higher because of less competition or even monopolize market, but stuff simply takes ages to sell.

For example, if I post a hexweave bag on Silvermoon-EU (high pop) it sells within an hour, often in seconds, if I do the same on my alt's realm Moonglade-EU (dead as fuck) it often returns unsold. Now imagine items that aren't bought in high volumes, like the youtuber fave's: transmogs, pets, mounts, old expansion mats, these things are niche market, they already take long to sell on high pop, not even mentioning a low pop.

The whole premise these youtubers rely on is "let's post 5000 items, 1 of them will sell so I can prove how much % profit I'm making", though even with addons managing inventory, mailbox and AH of 5000 auctions is a job.

The other avenue is to sell stuff that sells in high volumes, gems, enchants, food, flasks, pots, but people who do it full time usually find suppliers of mats that sell them those mats under AH price. I still dunno who in their right mind COD mats for maybe 60% of their market price to these crafters while they could just sell it on AH for way more.

Neither of these are really "effort free", I remember selling tons of gems from wotlk to mop, then also selling glyphs, but canceling, reposting, managing mailbox, resupplying mats, recrafting, etc. this gets old and tedious. I couldn't "full time" play to make gold. I sell some stuff in spare time, but it's boring to just "camp AH".

Now the people who literally park themselves in a spot and grind mobs for mog greens or leather or w/e else, I saw tons of vids like that, but I'm not subbed to this game to pretend I'm a chinese bot, if that's their sense of fun, fine, but I'd wager for majority of the playerbase it's boring af, indeed if you have a choice you'd rather hire yourself to clean toilets for 5$/hour than grind for wow token like that.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Down to 207k, it will steady out around 200k again... /Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Until september.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Even if 250k was 2 days of grinding, 15$ is less than an hour of work. I fucking laugh at you if you think 250k is a fair price for something that's worth 15 microscopic dollars.
    Some ppl does not work and have prety much of time to grind
    I personally switch to subscription when token went over 100k i barely can grind out the damn AP no time for making gold

10+ Year Old Account
    I see a lot of mention of Destiny 2. Has there been any official statement about being able to spend battle.net balance on it? Because as far as I saw it was just being on the launcher for convenience and social purposes.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    I never buy tokens on the AH, but I sell them from time to time if I want gold. That said, only if they are above 200k, not really worth it otherwise.
    Still there's very few meaningful gold sinks that take gold out of the economy. AH doesn't count as most money gets moved, otherwise EU tokens wouldve dropped below 100k already.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    I see a lot of mention of Destiny 2. Has there been any official statement about being able to spend battle.net balance on it? Because as far as I saw it was just being on the launcher for convenience and social purposes.
    Stated right in the announcement:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Does this mean I'll be able to use my Blizzard Balance to purchase Destiny 2?
    Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    You trying to push your signature link here (have no idea what it is and not gonna click it to find out)?
    Hovering of the link would have shown it to be youtube.
    I clicked it too and can say that it is youtube.
    In short, another specific farm location for one item which is then dependant on server prices and RNG.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    pretty cheap. wow would of thought it would be A LOT higher.

250k in today's wow is 1 or 2 days of grinding
    It takes me like 30mins of work to earn the money for a wow token. Why would I work in a game for hours and make me hate the game that is supposed to be fun when I can just buy those tokens and sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercay View Post
    People are always making these claims that ridiculous amounts of gold is so easily made, but I've never seen any of them actually back it up with how it's done lmao
    Agreed. Personally, 5K - 10K a day, that I find easy, but the people going "Oh I made 250K today from a little grinding" I find to be absolutely BS.

Easy ways to make money; Order hall quest that reward money, alchemy and herbalist

Legendaries seem to be going for at least 100K, so that's a nice chunk of change.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Unlike the previous announcement about battle.net balance, it is going to be for the interested players a one-off purchase (outside of the minority gifting).
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post

The other avenue is to sell stuff that sells in high volumes, gems, enchants, food, flasks, pots, but people who do it full time usually find suppliers of mats that sell them those mats under AH price. I still dunno who in their right mind COD mats for maybe 60% of their market price to these crafters while they could just sell it on AH for way more.

Botters.

Back in Cata and Mop I had a couple of botters that would sell me ore and herbs at about 50% of the AH prices. I had to commit to buying x amount every week though. Was very, very profitable to me as inscription was still a money maker( I had my servers market zipped right up) and gems always sold.