Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

New Worgen model, when will it happen?

Really, when these little fucks at Blizzard HQ decide to finally upgrade Worgen and Goblin. In comparison to updated ones they look like shit formed golem of piss. They have so many bugs and their animations remind me of some handicapped wannabe dancer, swinging arms like a drunk gorilla. Then there are odd faces. Even updated Greymane model is not using new animations, hell it is not really updated, just new textures and spiky fur glud onto that crap.
    Last edited by mmoca07ba3dd81; 2017-05-20 at 09:44 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Right when they fix the issues with the current new models. So I say the next xpac after the next.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Not any time soon with that attitude.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The worgen, when they were introduced, were the first of the "new" models so it won't be anytime soon for them to be updated.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering Chris Robinson (the head of the art team for WoW) has gone on-record that he wants pandaren to be the 'baseline,' it'll happen in the next couple expansions. The devs didn't feel it was a pressing concern as much as the Vanilla and BC races because worgen and goblin models aren't that far off from pandaren, at least in terms of poly count and texture quality (the model quality itself can be argued until the sun goes down, especially for worgen).

Other than the buggy mess they called the female worgen model, the big issue right now is that worgen and goblins use the old bone count, while they drastically upped the number of bones in the models with the pandaren and updated models (especially in the face and hands, which becomes real apparent when watching a worgen or goblin emote versus the pandaren and updated models).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    The worgen, when they were introduced, were the first of the "new" models so it won't be anytime soon for them to be updated.
    they weren't. pandaren were the first made with 'new tech'
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Considering Chris Robinson (the head of the art team for WoW) has gone on-record that he wants pandaren to be the 'baseline,' it'll happen in the next couple expansions. The devs didn't feel it was a pressing concern as much as the Vanilla and BC races because worgen and goblin models aren't that far off from pandaren, at least in terms of poly count and texture quality (the model quality itself can be argued until the sun goes down, especially for worgen).

Other than the buggy mess they called the female worgen model, the big issue right now is that worgen and goblins use the old bone count, while they drastically upped the number of bones in the models with the pandaren and updated models (especially in the face and hands, which becomes real apparent when watching a worgen or goblin emote versus the pandaren and updated models).
    exactly, their limited bones limit possibility of any good animation to happen. they are as good as cataclysm was. I have seen prettier and more flexible teratoma

Next maintenance. Fo' sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eventually, no idea when though. Won't take as long since it's only two races this time around.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    Really, when these little fucks at Blizzard HQ decide to finally upgrade Worgen and Goblin. In comparison to updated ones they look like shit formed golem of piss. They have so many bugs and their animations remind me of some handicapped wannabe dancer, swinging arms like a drunk gorilla. Then there are odd faces. Even updated Greymane model is not using new animations, hell it is not really updated, just new textures and spiky fur glud onto that crap.
    First they need to update Worgen Druids so they use the Worgen form for Feral and Bear, instead of turning into FUCKING CATS!
    Even High Warlord Cromush thinks Worgen Druids turning into bears is fucking stupid.

PS: He will always be my favorite Orc because of that one quest.
    Last edited by McFuu; 2017-05-20 at 09:51 PM.

I'd say next expansion. Maybe along with subraces.

And by GOD, I sure hope they'll revert the worgen female model to the original concept art.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    First they need to update Worgen Druids so they use the Worgen form for Feral and Bear, instead of turning into FUCKING CATS!
    Even High Warlord Cromush thinks Worgen Druids turning into bears is fucking stupid.

Shouldn't it be the other way around? firstly updated worgen model and then bear adjusted to that appearance?

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I'd say next expansion. Maybe along with subraces.

And by GOD, I sure hope they'll revert the worgen female model to the original concept art.
    This, specially regarding the worgen female, no frigging idea what happend to her, just a month or two before
    Cata and BAM got WRECKED BY A GRONN.

Follow up on this, wouldn't it be possibal to make a signing petition or something for this? I got no really clue how
    it could be done or how it should be done, but people make petition daily for all kind of things, ofcourse it is more of
    political or environmental matters. But couldn't we the player base make it aswell? Just shove it into blizzards and
    friends faces of how displeased we are with the goblin and worgen models?(Specially the female worgen).

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    Shouldn't it be the other way around? firstly updated worgen model and then bear adjusted to that appearance?
    No because it should had never been released the way it was.

Deleted
    No because it should had never been released the way it was.
    The same applies to worgen and goblin in general. Whoever thought that making worgen race with so very few bones was a good idea should be ashamed of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by OverFanNisseFrasse View Post
    This, specially regarding the worgen female, no frigging idea what happend to her, just a month or two before

Follow up on this, wouldn't it be possibal to make a signing petition or something for this? I got no really clue how
    it could be done or how it should be done, but people make petition daily for all kind of things, ofcourse it is more of
    political or environmental matters. But couldn't we the player base make it aswell? Just shove it into blizzards and
    friends faces of how displeased we are with the goblin and worgen models?(Specially the female worgen).
    Basically, people whinged that the Alpha Worgen female looked too feminine, some even said "sexy"... And BAM, we were slapped with whatever the hell they call the current model. Chihuahua Grande perhaps... The male worgen didn't get away either, it was also changed but at least the end result wasn't AS horrible...

There's been tons of petition and feedback. People had high hopes that it'd be addressed in WoD as they were updating all other races aside from Pandaren and Goblins, but alas it didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Basically, people whinged that the Alpha Worgen female looked too feminine, some even said "sexy"... And BAM, we were slapped with whatever the hell they call the current model. Chihuahua Grande perhaps... The male worgen didn't get away either, it was also changed but at least the end result wasn't AS horrible...

There's been tons of petition and feedback. People had high hopes that it'd be addressed in WoD as they were updating all other races aside from Pandaren and Goblins, but alas it didn't happen.
    Argh Damn eet people, why did you do this?! The alpha was greeeaat~! Erf, it sounds hopeless then, I hade some hope for it with Legion, guess all the priority went for the Demon Hunter. So wait and hope that they will adress it at Blizzcon? I mean, at least they are aware of how much of a failure the female worgen is then?

If anything I found some sort of a spark or hope with this link(or delusional dream, how ever you want to put it), it doesn't really confirm
    anything that there will be update on the goblin or worgen model any time soon. However, it does seems that the Blizzard is at least aware
    of how horribal the Goblin and Worgen models are, or well mostly and once again, how extremly horribal the female worgen are.
    I can't stress it enough, sorry.

http://frisket17.deviantart.com/art/...-Off-669674327

That quest is exactly why worgen druids turning into bears is a great thing.

Being a worgen is about:
    1- massacring undead in a way that makes them feel like complete idiots, like throwing an ettin at them or "organized bear attacks."
    2- laughing when they talk about undead having an unstoppable war machine.
    3- begging for new models

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd never play worgen in current model state if I went alliance again.

However I do have 2 goblins and I don't hate the model.

Both races could use some updates tho, worgen female by far the most.

I was more weirded out seeing the new gnome female models, after coming back from 3 year break that skipped WoD. (played gnome 2004-2008)
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-05-20 at 11:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OverFanNisseFrasse View Post
    I can cover that: after the big whinefest about the alpha worgen models not looking 'fierce' enough, the art team went back to the drawing board and completely redesigned them (hence why the ingame worgen don't look anything like the alpha models). They had a lot of trouble with the new female model, leading to constant delays and at least a couple Cata beta builds where you had the male worgen body with the female alpha worgen head, with green textures, that bugged out and disconnected you as soon as you completed the last stand at the cathedral and should have turned into your worgen form.

Fun side note, it was also possible until near the end of Cata beta to transform back into your human form by using /transform before you unlocked Two Forms through quests.

edit: The worgen whinefest was directly referenced by the art team in MoP, even, when (after several threads) they finally addressed the pandaren sameface issue on the forums, rather than hiding behind Nethaera's Twitter feed. They said that because of the worgen backlash, they didn't want to second-guess themselves and considered pandaren done when females only had fur patterns and males had slightly-textured faces.
    Last edited by Thage; 2017-05-21 at 12:03 AM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!