Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Protip - You play the game too much and think that you don't actually play the game too much.

With the legendary system and the AP system, there is no reason I should have to switch. It's too random to rely on getting good legendaries, and a spec like arcane that I haven't touched all expansion shouldn't even be on blizzards radar because of the lego/ap systems.

The expansion was poorly made in that respect and that is an objective fact, if you disagree you are simply incorrect.
    As far as AP goes, he's not really wrong. The AP system isn't poorly made in this iteration, and telling him otherwise is simply an opinion, it by no means is 'fact'.

Since 7.2 has released my alt mage, who was trait 37 in the old system is currently 48 in the new system. You know what my mage has done in basically 2 months of 7.2 as far as AP content goes? I did one heroic NH clear 3 weeks ago, I do about 75% of my emissaries a week and finally I'll send out followers for missions. That's it.

So yeah. Complain about legendary items all you want, but the current AP system being poorly made (at least in regards to how you're painting it) isn't an objective fact and he's not incorrect.

Using my mages trajectory (which is about an hour play time a week), he will easily be 52 by the time ToS comes out and if I cared about other specs on him it would be rather easy to get 52 on another spec as well. I realize a lot of people don't have the mental ability nor the capacity to understand what exponential scaling on AK every 5 days does for the ability to gain AP, but whatever. Assuming that it's your main character, playing several hours a week and having 52 in all specs by ToS (which is still several weeks away) isn't really a difficult goal.

TLDR; Legendary system still sucks if you don't play a lot, but the AP system isn't. Points past 52 really don't matter, and getting to 52 in one spec, let alone 3 isn't a hard goal to achieve in several weeks, especially when talking about a main. I mean, people do realize that in 5 more AK you're going to be getting nearly 20 million AP for just doing a daily box each day, and opening your weekly cache for doing a single 10 is probably going to give you over 200 million AP?

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    As far as AP goes, he's not really wrong. The AP system isn't poorly made in this iteration, and telling him otherwise is simply an opinion, it by no means is 'fact'.

Since 7.2 has released my alt mage, who was trait 37 in the old system is currently 48 in the new system. You know what my mage has done in basically 2 months of 7.2 as far as AP content goes? I did one heroic NH clear 3 weeks ago, I do about 75% of my emissaries a week and finally I'll send out followers for missions. That's it.

So yeah. Complain about legendary items all you want, but the current AP system being poorly made (at least in regards to how you're painting it) isn't an objective fact and he's not incorrect.

Using my mages trajectory (which is about an hour play time a week), he will easily be 52 by the time ToS comes out and if I cared about other specs on him it would be rather easy to get 52 on another spec as well. I realize a lot of people don't have the mental ability nor the capacity to understand what exponential scaling on AK every 5 days does for the ability to gain AP, but whatever. Assuming that it's your main character, playing several hours a week and having 52 in all specs by ToS (which is still several weeks away) isn't really a difficult goal.

TLDR; Legendary system still sucks if you don't play a lot, but the AP system isn't. Points past 52 really don't matter, and getting to 52 in one spec, let alone 3 isn't a hard goal to achieve in several weeks, especially when talking about a main. I mean, people do realize that in 5 more AK you're going to be getting nearly 20 million AP for just doing a daily box each day, and opening your weekly cache for doing a single 10 is probably going to give you over 200 million AP?
    I didn't say it was impossible or hard I said it was a bad system. Any endless, goalless system is bad because it's never ending.

But it is ending. You get 52 and you stop. Youd rather sit on forums and complain instead of play the game. It honestly doesnt take much time to get AP or get legendarys. You get one per week if you do all the raid lock outs, which your guild should be doing nayways for gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    But it is ending. You get 52 and you stop. Youd rather sit on forums and complain instead of play the game. It honestly doesnt take much time to get AP or get legendarys. You get one per week if you do all the raid lock outs, which your guild should be doing nayways for gear.
    guess its time to stop feeding the troll, based on what you wrote, its clear to every1 that you dont know how the legendary system actually works.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    guess its time to stop feeding the troll, based on what you wrote, its clear to every1 that you dont know how the legendary system actually works.
    Please tell me how I am wrong on how it works? You do shit and your odds go up. Do all the shit and your odds will be high enough you will get one every week. My guild does it every week, we do all the old raids on all difficultys after we one night clear mythic NH

If people are just concerned about just having 52 before ToS or whatever... just don't worry about it. Here in a couple of weeks getting 52 will be a matter of grinding for a couple of days. Doing the AP on your map for a week. Some shit like that. We're talking a couple of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    If people are just concerned about just having 52 before ToS or whatever... just don't worry about it. Here in a couple of weeks getting 52 will be a matter of grinding for a couple of days. Doing the AP on your map for a week. Some shit like that. We're talking a couple of hours.
    Yea but people apparently dont have time to do that kind of stuff -.- They have better things to do then "grind for hours". Yet they come here and voice an opinion.

atm frost will still be the superior spec by a pretty considerable margin too due to how the encounters are made in ToS.
    I doubt that considering the TV nerf as well. I'm betting Arcane will be the spec played in ToS.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I doubt that considering the TV nerf as well. I'm betting Arcane will be the spec played in ToS.
    I'm curious what actually gives people this impression?

Have you done any research at all? Or are you months behind and think TV nerf is the only thing thats gonna change?

Deleted
    Frost mage whit the nerf to tv and the big nerf to double ice lance gona lose a lot and i dont think that the 30% crit dmg we get from tier 20 2p is enough while arcane mage mages get an extra dmg cd and whit the new legendary ring it looks quite broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidgear View Post
    Frost mage whit the nerf to tv and the big nerf to double ice lance gona lose a lot and i dont think that the 30% crit dmg we get from tier 20 2p is enough while arcane mage mages get an extra dmg cd and whit the new legendary ring it looks quite broken.
    right, so you did no research at all. TV is also getting a buff, but the top talent for frost isnt even TV, its GS. 30% crit damage is fucking huge when majority of our spells crit, and you can now shatter GS and people on PTR are getting 40 mil crits.

Deleted
    right, so you did no research at all. TV is also getting a buff, but the top talent for frost isnt even TV, its GS. 30% crit damage is fucking huge when majority of our spells crit, and you can now shatter GS and people on PTR are getting 40 mil crits.
    Where u saw 40kk GS crit, source please

Last edited by MV Kaa; 2017-05-21 at 06:14 PM.

I renewed the day before 7.2 and did every raid lock out besides the mythic ones, I did all the emis caches, one M+ for the week, and I got a legendary every week for five weeks. After that my next one took two weeks doing only LFR, N, and Heroic NH. At first I thought I was extremely lucky but at this point you can start to feel when the next one will drop if you do everything you can.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBlizz View Post
    I renewed the day before 7.2 and did every raid lock out besides the mythic ones, I did all the emis caches, one M+ for the week, and I got a legendary every week for five weeks. After that my next one took two weeks doing only LFR, N, and Heroic NH. At first I thought I was extremely lucky but at this point you can start to feel when the next one will drop if you do everything you can.
    I dont see how people say this isnt how it works. Its exactly how blizzard said it. People in my guild got their 17th legendary this week and continue to get one every week. And the more conttent that comes out the faster they come. Being able to clear all raids on LFR, normal, heroic, and mythic makes a huge difference. Killing rares, opening chest, and supply turn ins this patch made them come faster.

Deleted
    Ye that is nice, but it is one of those video 'make a huge crit'. It is not like u can use it constantly. He made an video where he pulled1kk dps over 10 min fight, and that is totally unimpresive, Fire mages are pulling the same numbers on PTR already

Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    Fire mages are pulling the same numbers on PTR already
    Did i miss a buff?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elboba View Post
    Did i miss a buff?
    Nope. People are just overhyped about GS spec

Yeah, Arcane. Sure.