Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieve View Post
    Why should I?
    You don't have to, if it doesn't bother you.

But you all need to stop telling people it's normal. There ain't such thing as normal. It's not just a matter of "it grows therefore we should all accept it". We have wired brains that fucking function the way they do.

If you wanna look for the oddball guy who loves that kind of stuff, more power to you. I'm giving my personal opinion however which you should hear, unless you wanna live in an ever repeating echo chamber.

And my opinion is that it makes you look like a man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I don't care. To me they do, that's all the reasoning I need.

Talk to my fiancee about it, or any other woman I've ever met. They're even more hardcore about this than I am.
    I am a woman and I don't care what people do with their body hair as long as they keep it clean. Everyone has different opinions and that's okay, the problem is with people trying to push their ways onto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyshade View Post
    Yeah, it just rubs me the wrong way.
    When threads like this shows on on Norwegian forums most women want men to tidy up, mostly downstairs(never shave it!, they hate that), shoulders and the back. (and obviously nose and ear hair)

And most of the comments about shaving armpit hair are from their female friends and class mates during the teen years saying they think it's disgusting, no need for us to say anything. Shaved women are what we grow up with.

"labiaplasty" That part is pretty f***ed up imo, same with men taking penis enlarging surgery afraid it isn't big enough when their size is already normal.

as long as she shaves down there... i dont care :|

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

That is just so wrong. Armpit hair on women is just obnoxious. My 0,02.

- - - Updated - - -

I have - it is.
    Do you think women shaved their hair in Middle Ages? Or in caves?

Stop acting like a fucking spoilt baby and get over yourself.

Nothing wrong with armpit hair. Actually, What is just wrong, is that you think that its obnoxious.

But that's your opinion. And its wrong.

I am a woman and I don't care what people do with their body hair as long as they keep it clean. Everyone has different opinions and that's okay, the problem is with people trying to push their ways onto others.
    I agree.

So then why are people here calling it all hypocrisy and trying to push their agenda when people point out that they believe it's disgusting? What makes one thing more okay than the other? This whole topic has no objective good nor bad. We can all voice our personal preferences, make a poll and move on.

I bet that a lot of those people who think it's not hygienic do actually shave themselves completely off. But the standard reaction is to assume they don't and that they're hypocrites.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    When threads like this shows on on Norwegian forums most women want men to tidy up, mostly downstairs(never shave it!, they hate that), shoulders and the back. (and obviously nose and ear hair)

And most of the comments about shaving armpit hair are from their female friends and class mates during the teen years saying they think it's disgusting, no need for us to say anything. Shaved women are what we grow up with.

"labiaplasty" That part is pretty f***ed up imo, same with men taking penis enlarging surgery afraid it isn't big enough when their size is already normal.
    I think beauty standards have gone a bit crazy and people end up having self-confidence issues. It's bad, and it needs to be discussed openly. Peer pressure is also at ridiculous levels.

I think beauty standards have gone a bit crazy and people end up having self-confidence issues. It's bad, and it needs to be discussed openly. Peer pressure is also at ridiculous levels.
    I think that specific beauty standard is acceptable. There's a reason it's there in the first place and I doubt it's the "beauty industry" in this case. I think it's something much more psychological.

It's certainly a beauty standard that is easier to maintain than the male beauty standard that everyone has to look like Thor from the Avengers. You know how fucking hard that is? And yet I see nobody complaining about that from the female front.

Where's the demand for weak looking men?!? Anyone? We're not born super muscular to begin with...?

Deleted
    You don't have to, if it doesn't bother you.

But you all need to stop telling people it's normal. There ain't such thing as normal. It's not just a matter of "it grows therefore we should all accept it". We have wired brains that fucking function the way they do.

If you wanna look for the oddball guy who loves that kind of stuff, more power to you. I'm giving my personal opinion however which you should hear, unless you wanna live in an ever repeating echo chamber.

And my opinion is that it makes you look like a man.
    The last thing that would be on my mind is guys, especially oddball ones.

I'd rather shave, tyvm.

The last thing that would be on my mind is guys, especially oddball ones.

I'd rather shave, tyvm.
    So you're a lesbian and you don't like to shave?

Deleted
    I agree.

So then why are people here calling it all hypocrisy and trying to push their agenda when people point out that they believe it's disgusting? What makes one thing more okay than the other? This whole topic has no objective good nor bad. We can all voice our personal preferences, make a poll and move on.

I bet that a lot of those people who think it's not hygienic do actually shave themselves completely off. But the standard reaction is to assume they don't and that they're hypocrites.
    Hypocrisy is the practice of engaging in the same behavior or activity for which one criticizes another. When men don't shave, but find women who shave disgusting and/or unhygienic they're being hypocrites. That's what people are poiting out, this double standard that it's okay if men shave (or don't shave) but if women don't shave they're weird and disgusting.

With that said, I think everyone is free to have their own preferences as long as they don't go out of their way to harm others.

Deleted
    I agree.

Having a somewhat different opinion is now "having an agenda"?

Bizarre that you mention echo-chambers -which this thread isn't, most people here prefer shaved- and then come up with another gem like this.

I feel that my self, I wouldn't mind spending less time tidying up so to speak.

Deleted
    So you're a lesbian and you don't like to shave?
    Nope to both.

Hypocrisy is the practice of engaging in the same behavior or activity for which one criticizes another. When men don't shave, but find women who shave disgusting and/or unhygienic they're being hypocrites. That's what people are poiting out, this double standard that it's okay if men shave (or don't shave) but if women don't shave they're weird and disgusting.

With that said, I think everyone is free to have their own preferences as long as they don't go out of their way to harm others.
    Naw, it would be a hypocrisy if a man would say that about another man. I hope that doesn't trigger you too hard that I'm saying both aren't always the same.

While we're both humans, we're still two different genders. Our brain makes a clear distinction there and we live by our likes and dislikes.

just by reading this i am thinking thank god my gf is shaving evrywhere... and i never had to ask for it... :>

Nope to both.
    So you aren't interested in men nor women? I don't get it.

- - - Updated - - -

Having a somewhat different opinion is now "having an agenda"?

Bizarre that you mention echo-chambers -which this thread isn't, most people here prefer shaved- and then come up with another gem like this.
    I'm not telling you to shave, am I? This thread is 20 pages full of people saying that they prefer shaved bodies and usually the same people mostly calling them hypocrites. So I thought I might say a word or two.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure about other women but I shave my pits, it feels weird and itchy if I don't. But I only shave my legs from the ankle to the knee as my upper leg hair is super fine and blonde.

To me armpit hair is very manly, so it's a turn off. Women's leg hair, most of the time, isn't the same as men's...not as thick and long so I don't mind it, I don't think "oh it feels like a mans leg". Plus shaving your legs daily is annoying, while armpit hair takes less than a minute. I shave my armpit hair daily and legs if I plan to show them in a swimsuit or dress etc...
    X

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder..."
    Sex appeal is all about that.
    Anyone that wants to argue differently is deluding themselves.