Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    should set up a training minefield somewhere, fence off tthe area but leave no security, lets the gypsies wander in after thje break the lock and cackle manically as they all blow up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post
    travellers? you mean roma people?
    Not roma gypsies.

What makes Travellers so different from garden variety lower class schlubs? I mean, we have plenty of trailer park trash in the US as well, but we're not usually this hostile towards them.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    What makes Travellers so different from garden variety lower class schlubs? I mean, we have plenty of trailer park trash in the US as well, but we're not usually this hostile towards them.
    Imagine a trailer-park that moved every so often, and never owned the land it moved onto, but treated it exactly the same as current low-class trailer parks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Imagine a trailer-park that moved every so often, and never owned the land it moved onto, but treated it exactly the same as current low-class trailer parks.
    What is the point of traveling though? I mean, it's not like they're nomads searching for fresh pastures or anything like that, do they just move around for the hell of it?

What is the point of traveling though? I mean, it's not like they're nomads searching for fresh pastures or anything like that, do they just move around for the hell of it?
    Pretty much.

Like Vanyali said, imagine if one of those cesspit trailer parks suddenly appeared in a local children's play park. Or the field behind your house, or a train station car park.

At this point, probably more tradition than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    I can't see why you can't be more tolerant of their culture. /s
    Right? Such intolerance!

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like this wouldn't be tolerated in America... I would forsee a lot of tear gas and rubber bullets and handcuffs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    I feel like this wouldn't be tolerated in America... I would forsee a lot of tear gas and rubber bullets and handcuffs!
    And then the police would get involved!
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    I, too, sometimes pitch a tent on a school playing field.

After repeated offenses, they can't be arrested?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    And thats how it should be dealt with if they are not going to move on peacefully or respect the area.

Look up Dale farm in the UK, its about a small group of travelers that were given permission by the local council to use some land, but then the travelers decided that they need more land and start illegally settling on nearby land, it took the council 10 years and nearly £5million to clear them out.

That was a more high profile case though, most in experience settle on some land for no more than a year before the get up and move to the next town, to trash that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    And thats how it should be dealt with if they are not going to move on peacefully or respect the area.

Look up Dale farm in the UK, its about a small group of travelers that were given permission by the local council to use some land, but then the travelers decided that they need more land and start illegally settling on nearby land, it took the council 10 years and nearly £5million to clear them out.

That was a more high profile case though, most in experience settle on some land for no more than a year before the get up and move to the next town, to trash that one.
    I don't understand why they're allowed to continue...this is 2017 and this kind of behavior is just hand waived away essentially.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

I was expecting gypsies not rednecks

They have something like this in the US they are roaming groups of con artists. A pod of them just came through the Phoenix area 3 or 4 months ago. They stayed in a few low rent motels collectively and would each swap places at those shitty motels with each other as they were here to make it hard to track them. Go door to door offering scam jobs they never complete and then they push on to the next town.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I don't understand why they're allowed to continue...this is 2017 and this kind of behavior is just hand waived away essentially.
    With the pace they move it is hard to nail them on anything before they push off to the next place. The legal system is slower then these people are. They thrive on the fact people don't want to deal with the hassle of persueing them for a small crime after they have left. Most scams they do are under the table sort of jobs so no contracts are written so it becomes one person's word verses another's.

- - - Updated - - -

Plenty of them in the US they sweep around the country non stop. It is a huge place with a lot of cities to take advantage of before you need to move on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    And then the police would get involved!
    By the time they do the group has moved to its next spot and con.

- - - Updated - - -

These groups might play dumb, but are often very aware of laws in the areas and push things as far as they can without causing trouble for themselves and forcing them to move on before they have gotten all they can from each honey pot.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    They have something like this in the US they are roaming groups of con artists. A pod of them just came through the Phoenix area 3 or 4 months ago. They stayed in a few low rent motels collectively and would each swap places at those shitty motels with each other as they were here to make it hard to track them. Go door to door offering scam jobs they never complete and then they push on to the next town.

- - - Updated - - -

With the pace they move it is hard to nail them on anything before they push off to the next place. The legal system is slower then these people are. They thrive on the fact people don't want to deal with the hassle of persueing them for a small crime after they have left. Most scams they do are under the table sort of jobs so no contracts are written so it becomes one person's word verses another's.

- - - Updated - - -

Plenty of them in the US they sweep around the country non stop. It is a huge place with a lot of cities to take advantage of before you need to move on.

- - - Updated - - -

By the time they do the group has moved to its next spot and con.

- - - Updated - - -

These groups might play dumb, but are often very aware of laws in the areas and push things as far as they can without causing trouble for themselves and forcing them to move on before they have gotten all they can from each honey pot.
    What you're missing is they are members of the Luminati.

Imagine you have a card in your pocket that has access to a shared billion dollar bank account. Now you don't need to live anywhere or do anything, ever, and can go wherever you want whenever you want for the fuck of it, and have a pretty good life.

The reason it works? Without having to pay for things like rent, car payments, gas, etc. A life like that only costs at most $3000 a year to sustain. And that's all in purchased food/drinks.

It's the good life, the big secret, but the bigger secret is they themselves really don't believe they're negatively affecting life as we know it and leading us towards destruction, cuz they've been doing it for more than half a century, but we've reached a point where they actually are killing us.

If you don't think this works, then you're only thinking that cuz you think *someone* will drain that billion dollar bank account for no reason. Which doesn't happen because they recruit very, very carefully, although I'm sure by now they have their own moles... who turn to favor them and don't betray them because it really is the fucking good life after all.

Plus, through all that, even if one account was cleaned out, they have like seven of them.

If you didn't have to pay any bills at all, could you live on $250 a month of food? There are some people now who make 30,000 a year and only get to eat $100 every two weeks, but they do it while working their lives away for someone else and never having their own lives.
    Last edited by Thoughtful Trolli; 2017-05-21 at 04:00 AM.

All these descriptions sound a lot like politicians to me...

Mooch off the work of others, do nothing of value but lie and con their way to the next job... and then skip town before they can be called out on the !@#$ they leave behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    What you're missing is they are members of the Luminati.

Imagine you have a card in your pocket that has access to a shared billion dollar bank account. Now you don't need to live anywhere or do anything, ever, and can go wherever you want whenever you want for the fuck of it, and have a pretty good life.

The reason it works? Without having to pay for things like rent, car payments, gas, etc. A life like that only costs at most $3000 a year to sustain. And that's all in purchased food/drinks.

It's the good life, the big secret, but the bigger secret is they themselves really don't believe they're negatively affecting life as we know it and leading us towards destruction, cuz they've been doing it for more than half a century, but we've reached a point where they actually are killing us.

If you don't think this works, then you're only thinking that cuz you think *someone* will drain that billion dollar bank account for no reason. Which doesn't happen because they recruit very, very carefully, although I'm sure by now they have their own moles... who turn to favor them and don't betray them because it really is the fucking good life after all.

Plus, through all that, even if one account was cleaned out, they have like seven of them.

If you didn't have to pay any bills at all, could you live on $250 a month of food? There are some people now who make 30,000 a year and only get to eat $100 every two weeks, but they do it while working their lives away for someone else and never having their own lives.
    What a big bag of crazy, holy shit.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    I was asked what do I consider vermin...
    They move from one place to another leaving pile of shit behind them, no respect for ownership (unless it belongs to them)
    On top of everything they pretty much get away with it.
    Fucking arrest every single one. Impound every vehicle, Impound all the livestock. These people wont learn otherwise as is evidence by the fact they did this a second time.