Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Any "examples" of the Mandela Effect you find dumb?

The Mandela Effect has sort of become a meme of late, but I've noticed some of them seem to be pretty obvious. I obviously can't be the only one to notice that.

For example, the Mandela Effect that stumped me was the Curious George one. Not because I thought that he had a tail, but because even as a young child he was so obviously a chimp.

Care to explain what that even is?

Dude there is literally writing on the sides of this post in the green borders telling you secrets that would make your life a blessed indulgence with no regrets,

but you don't see that, and you expect us to worry about how some people can't see the absence of a tail?

It's as obvious to some of us that writing is there, as obvious as you think it was to everyone that George had no tail. If you want to think people who weren't sure if George had a tail are too dumb to see the obvious, we also have to conclude you're too dumb to see the obvious writing on the website wall.

But you don't think your senses are retarded, do you? That's the trouble with people with retarded senses, they don't think their senses are retarded.

A real retard would never know they are a retard. They'd just wonder how the hell everyone else knows something is there when they can't sense it.

Side note: This is also why IQ test are timed. You're supposed to see "Just enter this code to win" somewhere on the paper in ultraviolet white on white, and passing that gets you connected to the rest of the gifted people. Peasants don't see that their whole lives.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-05-21 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Care to explain what that even is?
    The Mandela Effect is basically the name given to the phenomenon of the collective misremembering of specific facts or events.

For example, many misquote Darth Vader saying "Luke, I am your father" when in reality he never said that, the original line is "No, I am your father".

The whole thing is "dumb." Human memory is fallible...so how people have managed to convince themselves that there must be some sort of quantum woo going on to explain that fallibility is the only thing that baffles me.

10+ Year Old Account
    The entire namesake is stupid. How many people actually thought Nelson Mandala was dead? (at the time of the effect's naming and from him being in prison.)

I'd assume that most people that knew who he was would have also known that he was alive at the time, or at least, hadn't died in prison.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of it. People are dumb, collectively they're even dumber and human memory is hugely fallible.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

some of them do seem real. i clearly remember the opening of the berenstein bears tv show saying stein, not stain.

but there's a jurassic park one that i clearly remember happening different from what some people say it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The entire namesake is stupid. How many people actually thought Nelson Mandala was dead? (at the time of the effect's naming and from him being in prison.)

I'd assume that most people that knew who he was would have also known that he was alive at the time, or at least, hadn't died in prison.
    Yeah that whole Nelson Mandela thing confused me too. I mean he was pretty famous in America and the greater Western world for opposing the Apartheid and being the first post-Apartheid president.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    The Mandela Effect has sort of become a meme of late, but I've noticed some of them seem to be pretty obvious. I obviously can't be the only one to notice that.

For example, the Mandela Effect that stumped me was the Curious George one. Not because I thought that he had a tail, but because even as a young child he was so obviously a chimp.
    ??? Never heard of a controversy surrounding curious george.. lul... who cares? O wait.. your avatar is of a chimp.. I understand now.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    ??? Never heard of a controversy surrounding curious george.. lul... who cares? O wait.. your avatar is of a chimp.. I understand now.
    Obviously that was an example that stumped me. The fact that people thought Mandela died in prison is also a weird one.

10+ Year Old Account
    A better question is there even any notable examples besides the Berenstain/stein Bears?

It's already pretty scary that people are trying to pass off literal cases of history being rewritten/doctored as Mandela Effect. (ie Netflix editing old shows).

Why is it even called Mandela Effect? The whole thing about Nelson Mandela dying in prison was part of herd-propaganda/indoctrinate.

Another example of false-Mandela Effect is people believing USA is a "democratic republic".
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2017-05-21 at 04:32 AM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    A better question is there even any notable examples besides the Berenstain/stein Bears?

It's already pretty scary that people are trying to pass off literal cases of history being rewritten/doctored as Mandela Effect. (ie Netflix editing old shows).

Why is it even called Mandela Effect? The whole thing about Nelson Mandela dying in prison was part of herd-propaganda/indoctrinate.
    Yeah another one is a lot of people remember there being a movie called Shazaam that starred Sinbad but there is no such movie.

To me, The Mandela Effect is just another fascinating insight into how deceptive our brains really are. I often wonder why some place such high stock in their brains while others don't.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

The whole thing is real. They made a documentary about it called Donnie Darko.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    The human memory has never been perfect. This is why generic logic fills in the gaps of lost memory. In general concept, I think that the "Mandela Effect" doesn't hold water as human memory, by design, is innately faulty and imperfect as well as subject to bias and deterioration.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Yeah another one is a lot of people remember there being a movie called Shazaam that starred Sinbad but there is no such movie.
    I never "remember" Sinbad being in a genie move. Shaq was in the genie movie, named "kazaam." That was pretty well known.

While I get that people might be mixing up big famous black guys in their head, the fact that shaquille o'neal, a basketball player, played a genie in a movie is pretty damn memorable. And I'm left wondering who would confuse Sinbad for Shaq.

I could see mixing up the names "kazaam" and "shazaam," but thinking Sinbad was in it? I don't know anyone who legitimately thought that.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I never "remember" Sinbad being in a genie move. Shaq was in the genie movie, named "kazaam." That was pretty well known.

While I get that people might be mixing up big famous black guys in their head, the fact that shaquille o'neal, a basketball player, played a genie in a movie is pretty damn memorable. And I'm left wondering who would confuse Sinbad for Shaq.

I could see mixing up the names "kazaam" and "shazaam," but thinking Sinbad was in it? I don't know anyone who legitimately thought that.
    Like people that constantly mix up the black comedians Chris Rock and Chris Tucker.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

That's just it for a lot of them they aren't mixing the two up they remember both movies.