Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would probably be ripping in peace.

Is it possible to tap the Yellowstone volcano for geo thermic energy like Iceland does with their volcano's?

7+ Year Old Account
    No, we can't stop global warming by causing ash induced winter....or could we?

I live in south central WI. My first move would most likely to be heading to MI and then hunkering down for a long time.

Probably try to get as far east as possible, and then probably die from the famine the eruption would cause.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd take every hallucinogenic drug known to man.

If the world's going to end, may as well go out while tripping balls.
    Putin khuliyo

First? Hit up all the gun shops in the area and stock up on ammo.

A Yellowstone super eruption will be the beginning of the zombie apocalypse.

Yellowstone isn't the volcano that we need to worry about though, Campi Flegrei is the one that will likely be a threat within our lifetimes.

http://www.sciencealert.com/the-firs...-than-we-think

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2...-naples-italy/
    Last edited by Laerrus; 2017-05-21 at 02:23 AM.

I'd go to Yellowstone. Been on my list for a bit now, might as well get it checked off.

Regardless of where you went in the world you would be effected by it maybe not ash wise but the Volcanic Winter that could last for years you would feel
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I would got to Yellowstone to see it.
    yeah, I'll be there with ya, except I'll bring the 20yr old Scotch.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Obviously it's extremely, extremely and let me reiterate extremely unlikely that the Yellowstone Volcano will erupt anytime soon,
    Sadly, as with any active volcano, this isn't a certainty.

As for the question, probably just buy a gas mask to protect from the ash. That's about it. Not to worried about it. Not like we don't have the technology at this point to overcome the eruption. Only thing to worry about at that point would be if it caused anything else as a result of the explosion.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Most of the Midwest would get buried by ash. (and say a farewell to any crops.) Weather patterns would get majorly affected and we'd all get a bit colder.
    It'd be a game changer for the country.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    well, i'm in the zone to get covered by ash. so probably live a horrible existence of scrounging to survive and winding up raped and murdered by looters.
    hahaha, you thinking they'll let you die

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    I think it would be cool if it erupted.
    You think it would be cool that millions would die?

Where I live and my situation, I could survive it and most here would. So would not do much except hunker down and be prepared , which I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    hahaha, you thinking they'll let you die
    eh, idk. i'd say they wouldn't waste resources keeping the fuck toy alive when they could just get another one easily. i'm pretty average looking, so it's not like i'd be worth more than others.

i could always just kill myself if they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    You think it would be cool that millions would die?

Where I live and my situation, I could survive it and most here would. So would not do much except hunker down and be prepared , which I am.

Yeah i do, would change things up.

Pretend I'm playing Fallout (the first one) and go look for my vault's water chip.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Yeah i do, would change things up.
    Realistically the entire North American continent would be fucked.... the amount of material that would be knocked into the atmosphere would make the little Ice Age after the Tambora eruption look like a warm period.

If Yellowstone did erupt though would it be possible for the earthquakes that would kick off, which there would be some pretty bad ones I'd guess, could lead to some other volcanos worldwide to erupt? Think the one in Naples linked earlier or the one in the Canary Islands that could cause a landslide which would cause a tsunami capable of wiping out the east coast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would go South. Get down around the Gulf area. Will most likely be the warmest place to live was the ice age starts.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't be world ending of course, the largest Yellowstone eruption is still smaller than the Toba eruption 70~ thousand years ago and humans survived that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Since we are talking about a nuclear winter event (not total, but still a huge drop in averages), probably somewhere that has temperatures higher than Siberia during winters. Mediterranean would seem like a good place to go - high averages and more limited extremes due to a large body of water.