Do we know if Destiny 1 characters will be transferred over to the pc version of Destiny 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Do we know if Destiny 1 characters will be transferred over to the pc version of Destiny 2?
    Destiny 1 characters will not be transferred over to D2 at all.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Destiny 1 characters will not be transferred over to D2 at all.
    Um, the console versions can keep their appearance. And I think they'll have achievements or something in recognition of things they accomplished in the first game. I'm just wondering if that also applied to the Destiny 2 pc game, or just on the consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Um, the console versions can keep their appearance. And I think they'll have achievements or something in recognition of things they accomplished in the first game. I'm just wondering if that also applied to the Destiny 2 pc game, or just on the consoles.
    Likely just consoles but no word yet.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Edit: Also there was ZERO reason why Rise of Iron couldn't release on last gen consoles. That also was a dick move, They released Destiny 1 on last gen and should have supported it fully. Not go well you spend a shit ton of money but your not getting the last content update. But here buy from our cash shop..
    I think part of it was to help ease people into the transition into Destiny 2 being full on current gen only. Might as well try to get as much of your playerbase switched over as possible before releasing the next big installment on current gen only.

Also, there were several technical limitations that did not allow Rise of Iron on last gen consoles. If you never played Rise of Iron, then you would never have realized these. Even current gen consoles had huge slow downs and low frame rates throughout several places in the Wrath of the Machine raid. I guarantee you the last gen consoles probably would have froze up or crashed in those same areas. Also, Rise of Iron was the most visually impressive DLC/expansion in Destiny 1. You can tell they added more stuff into the game than they had previously in regards to how much shit was on screen as well as particle effects/explosions/etc. Last gen consoles would have most definitely struggled with Rise of Iron.

And just because one dev/game can do it, doesn't mean another dev/game can or would even want too. Also....if you're any kind of serious gamer at all, you should have a current gen console by now. Expecting devs to continue supporting last gen consoles three to four years into the current gen cycle is one of the dumbest and most narcissistic things you can do as a gamer. Also, as a gamer, you're literally asking devs to continue holding their games back simply because you're too damn cheap to upgrade to the next cycle of consoles. That's the opposite of what we should be wanting.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-05-21 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    And just because one dev/game can do it, doesn't mean another dev/game can or would even want too. Also....if you're any kind of serious gamer at all, you should have a current gen console by now. Expecting devs to continue supporting last gen consoles three to four years into the current gen cycle is one the dumbest and most narcissistic things you can do as a gamer.
    If you release a game on a console fully support it or don't release it.

IMO last gen version shouldn't have happen anyway, but it did. So it should have been fully supported. The last update last gen got was there shitty ass cash shop. I have seen Rise of Iron (didn't play it but seen it). It could have been scaled down to PS3/Xbox360 just fine. The only reason it had those framerate issues on current gen is because they rushed it out and Destiny 1 was already a after thought.

The fact Destiny 2 already looks so much better even shows that Rise of Iron was rushed.

If you release a game on a console fully support it or don't release it.

IMO last gen version shouldn't have happen anyway, but it did. So it should have been fully supported. The last update last gen got was there shitty ass cash shop. I have seen Rise of Iron (didn't play it but seen it). It could have been scaled down to PS3/Xbox360 just fine. The only reason it had those framerate issues on current gen is because they rushed it out and Destiny 1 was already a after thought.

The fact Destiny 2 already looks so much better even shows that Rise of Iron was rushed.
    So you know everything that went into developing Rise of Iron? And how it had to be handled? You're a game programmer who actually worked for Bungie and can sit there and tell us with 100% certainty that last gen consoles could have handled it no problem? And that the decision was 100% unrelated to any sort of technical issue whatsoever? That they simply did it to screw over their last gen playerbase?

Not trying to sound like a douchebag, but you are assuming WAY to much and acting like you know everything that had to go on behind the scenes in order to make Rise of Iron work.

I for one am glad they finally said "fuck last gen". They should have done that from the start (at the absolute latest, they should have said fuck last gen with TTK, since TTK was basically Destiny 1 2.0). I hate it when current gen games are held back by people too poor or cheap to upgrade to the next step. It's fine to support shit like that within the first year (maybe two at most) of the next console cycle in order to give people time to switch over. But after that, all bets are off and you'd better either upgrade or GTFO.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-05-21 at 05:27 AM.

So you know everything that went into developing Rise of Iron? And how it had to be handled? You're a game programmer who actually worked for Bungie and can sit there and tell us with 100% certainty that last gen consoles could have handled it no problem? And that the decision was 100% unrelated to any sort of technical issue whatsoever? That they simply did it to screw over their last gen playerbase?

Not trying to sound like a douchebag, but you are assuming WAY to much and acting like you know everything that had to go on behind the scenes in order to make Rise of Iron work.
    And you do?

Once again if another MMO can release full updates on a 10 year old system then Bungie can release Rise of Iron on last gen. The difference between Rise of Iron and everything before it is not huge and can be scaled down.

If they wanted to say fuck you to last then gen but do it with Destiny 2 or not release Destiny 1. The choice to not release Rise of Iron on last gen wasn't due to hardware it was do to cost. They felt putting a cash shop on the system was fine but RoI wasn't worth there time.

Bungie has shown time and time again since the release of Destiny 1 all they give a fuck about is money. It was why Destiny 1 was in the poor ass state it was in for so long.

Once again if you release a game on a system ether support it fully or don't release it. Look at FFXIV they are dropping PS3 with Stormblood but fully supported it with Realm Reborn and Heavensward. They gave more then advance notice they was dropping it with Stormblood as well.

Bungie just came out of no where and said nope we not doing it, This is well after the community was content starved.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-05-21 at 05:35 AM.

And you do?

Once again if another MMO can release full updates on a 10 year old system then Bungie can release Rise of Iron on last gen. The difference between Rise of Iron and everything before it is not huge and can be scaled down.

If they wanted to say fuck you to last then gen but do it with Destiny 2 or not release Destiny 1. The choice to not release Rise of Iron on last gen wasn't due to hardware it was do to cost. They felt putting a cash shop on the system was fine but RoI wasn't worth there time.

Bungie has shown time and time again since the release of Destiny 1 all they give a fuck about is money. It was Destiny 1 was in the poor ass state it was in for so long.

Once again if you release a game on a system ether support it fully or don't release it. Look at FFXIV they are dropping PS3 with Stormblood but fully supported it with Realm Reborn and Heavensward. They gave more then advance notice they was dropping it with Stormblood as well.

Bungie just came out of no where and said nope we not doing it, This is well after the community was content starved.
    I think you're being a little unfair with the comparisons. As you yourself have stated, other games have done the same thing (FFXIV) that Bungie did with Destiny (so FFXIV gets a free pass on it because you like it right? And Destiny doesn't because you're obviously still salty as fuck with the game). Also, DCUO is most definitely NOT as demanding of a game visually as what Destiny is. If you think it is, then I suggest you go get your eyes checked (DCUO also released in 2011 originally.....it's simply an older game that is NOT as demanding no matter how you look at it). It's also well known that most MMOs (not all, but most) are designed to run on a potato if necessary because of the wide range of PCs that people own that will be playing the game.

Bungie gave last gen players two years of Destiny 1 content. That's way more than they should have gave them to begin with. Like I said, they really should have dropped last gen with TTK, but they continued on with last gen until the release of RoI. They were more than generous with last gen support......way more than what a lot of people wanted them to be. And they gave advance warning once RoI was announced.....if people couldn't afford to get a next gen console in the several months leading up to RoI release (and THREE years after the release of the current gen consoles themselves).....well, then maybe video gaming isn't something they should be focusing on. And devs definitely shouldn't be catering to them anymore......at all.

Also, I feel like you are still letting your unhealthy amounts of salt that you've had towards this game since Year 1 still get in the way of logical thought here. I myself have been fed up with Bungie and Destiny at times, but I also can see why they did a lot of the things that they did and merit behind them. I've also continued to play the game and experience what it is they've continued to give us, while you have not......so no offense, but your opinion has a little less bite to it than what you think it does.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-05-21 at 05:46 AM.

Also, I feel like you are still letting your unhealthy amounts of salt that you've had towards this game since Year 1 still get in the way of logical thought here. I myself have been fed up with Bungie and Destiny at times, but I also can see why they did a lot of the things that they did and merit behind them. I've also continued to play the game and experience what it is they've continued to give us, while you have not......so no offense, but your opinion has a little less bite to it than what you think it is.
    I really don't care how much "bite" you think my opinion has.

You have ur opinion and I got mine. Yes I am still salty on how they treated Destiny 1 and until they show they have changed ill stay that way. So far they haven't, Destiny 2 seems like it mite be the right step and a clean slate. We shall see how it is handled.

I liked most things they announced but then again I did with Destiny 1 and I seen how that's turned out. So I'm waiting to see how Destiny 2 is and won't be getting it day one.

They already made a stupid choice (IMO) via the community matchmaking... That alone is enough for me to wait for a price drop at lease.

No sense in going back and forth with this, We can just agree to disagree.

I really don't care how much "bite" you think my opinion has.

You have ur opinion and I got mine. Yes I am still salty on how they treated Destiny 1 and until they show they have changed ill stay that way. So far they haven't, Destiny 2 seems like it mite be the right step and a clean slate. We shall see how it is handled.

I liked most things they announced but then again I did with Destiny 1 and I seen how that's turned out. So I'm waiting to see how Destiny 2 is and won't be getting it day one.

They already made a stupid choice (IMO) via the community matchmaking... That alone is enough for me to wait for a price drop at lease.

No sense in going back and forth with this, We can just agree to disagree.
    Convenient how you seem to have ignored the rest of what I posted there where I basically debunked most of what you said in favor of saying "my opinion vs. yours, herpa derpa!".

And you're right, everyone has their own opinion. Some people just have more valid ones compared to others. Especially when some people have continued to experience something and can give valid input on it vs. people who gave up on it a long time ago and still have an unhealthy grudge against it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Is there a list somewhere of new/improved features? All the destiny website has listed is game modes, classes and weapon types, of which the classes listed are the same as D1 and the game modes are the same, and i cannot remember enough about weapon types.
    Here's another, newer post to help you with this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG..._info_summary/

Convenient how you seem to have ignored the rest of what I posted there where I basically debunked most of what you said in favor of saying "my opinion vs. yours, herpa derpa!".

And you're right, everyone has their own opinion. Some people just have more valid ones compared to others. Especially when some people have continued to experience something and can give valid input on it vs. people who gave up on it a long time ago and still have an unhealthy grudge against it.
    I didn't ignore what you said, I chosen to not knowledge it because its bullshit and I know how arguing with you works.

I don't care enough to go back and forth with someone over it. So like I said we can just agree to disagree. When I quit Destiny has no baring on what my opinion is. The only DLC I didn't play was Rise of Iron but it isn't hard to look up and see what it added and how much quality the dlc was.

You act like the only way to know about the current state of Destiny 1 is to play it...That's highly false.

Like I said we can agree to disagree and I'm leaving it at that, Not going back and forth on this.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Here's another, newer post to help you with this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG..._info_summary/
    Thanks for the link, ill check that out soon!

I'm planning to jump into Destiny 1,just before the next episode coming in September. Is it mandatory to buy all the 4 dlcs to get the full feeling or it's enough to buy the basic game to make a picture of it?

I didn't ignore what you said, I chosen to not knowledge it because its bullshit and I know how arguing with you works.

I don't care enough to go back and forth with someone over it. So like I said we can just agree to disagree. When I quit Destiny has no baring on what my opinion is. The only DLC I didn't play was Rise of Iron but it isn't hard to look up and see what it added and how much quality the dlc was.

You act like the only way to know about the current state of Destiny 1 is to play it...That's highly false.

Like I said we can agree to disagree and I'm leaving it at that, Not going back and forth on this.
    TLDR: "I watched videos and read articles on something, therefore my opinion is just as valid as the people who actually played it, experienced it, give reliable input for it, and actually know something about it!"

What a weak and flimsy excuse. Your salt levels are still way to high towards Destiny and it shows.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pocok View Post
    I'm planning to jump into Destiny 1,just before the next episode coming in September. Is it mandatory to buy all the 4 dlcs to get the full feeling or it's enough to buy the basic game to make a picture of it?
    If you're going to do it, I'd get the entire package. You can buy the Legendary Edition now that has the base game plus all the DLC and expansions. And I'd do it now instead of waiting until right before D2's release in September. That way you give yourself plenty of time to experience all the PvE content, including the raids and aren't scrambling to finish it.

TLDR: "I watched videos and read articles on something, therefore my opinion is just as valid as the people who actually played it
    Yep because this is 2017 and its not hard to learn about a game without playing it. Just like I knew NMS was a shit game without playing it, dropping $60 wasn't needed. Also my experience from playing Destiny before RoI has given me enough to see how Bungie is.

Now has Bungie changed? Who knows ill see how Destiny 2 plays out after release.

- - - Updated - - -

I say get this...
    https://www.amazon.com/Destiny-Colle...ywords=destiny

If u want to get into Destiny 1, It gives u access to everything.

(Not going to lie, part of me misses Destiny pvp)

I'm only planning to TRY it,don't want to get deep into it. Still necessary to buy the Collection?

I'm only planning to TRY it,don't want to get deep into it. Still necessary to buy the Collection?
    If u just want to try it spend $5-$8 and buy the base game used at Gamestop/Amazon (If ur in the US) or download the free trial.

Check ur local game stop for a cheap base copy.

You'll want at least Taken King to have the most amount of fun but you'll need Rise of Iron if you plan on diving into any end game activities.

I guess you could get vanilla for super cheap but its so bare bones you won't get much out of it.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/n...ire-Cards.html

Destiny 2 will forgo the world-building lore cards - the Grimoire - that was introduced in the first game, Forbes reports.

According to the site, when asked if the cards would return in the sequel, world lead Steve Cotton came back with a definitive 'no' before continuing:

"The answer to that question is 'no' and the reason it's 'no' is because we want to put the lore in the game. We want people to be able to find the lore. All the story is told through the Adventures, it's told through the characters in the world, it's told through the campaign and it's told through scannables you find throughout the world."

In our own interview with project lead Mark Noseworthy (look our for it on the site soon), we were told that whilst Bungie wants to ensure all the content in those cards makes it through to the sequel, the team wants to communicate that lore with the player in a much more natural way, with fewer barriers.

As such, all the world-building, narrative stuff that was hidden in tomes stashed on the internet will now be imparted by in-game characters, allies, and cutscenes.
    Destiny 2 launches for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC on 8th September 2017.
    Awesome.