Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I love how scared people get over new things.

Try it sometime? It's just a beverage.

Though I understand it's easier to bash it and label those who enjoy it as "hipsters", because it's cool to rip on the hipsters. Can't NOT be cool, amirite?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Every 2 months they come up with some superfood and all hipsters go mental. Get your self a balanced diet and you will be fine. Ask all those 100+ years old people if they had any of those superfoods and they will say they had none.

Everyone has that one facebook friend that buys into every superfood fad.

"i just discovered that kale kills cancer cells and cures diabetes, all im eating from now on is kale"
    "picture of bowl of kale"

next month....

"i've just discovered that pineapple....."

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Everyone has that one facebook friend that buys into every superfood fad.

"i just discovered that kale kills cancer cells and cures diabetes, all im eating from now on is kale"
    "picture of bowl of kale"

next month....

"i've just discovered that pineapple....."
    I've been unfriended by more than a few of those. Usually because I link articles like, "Kale may contain toxic levels of thallium." Or, "Rat poison found in kale." Or, "Kale may cause hypothyroidism." Etc.

Aside: I'm pretty sure fad diets do work. Temporarily. The reason? People who start them initially start paying attention to what they eat. Wow, I went from eating McD every day to this new fad diet, and now I feel great! Duh. Now, transition to eating balanced so you can keep it up.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by blehmeh View Post
    I love how scared people get over new things.

Try it sometime? It's just a beverage.

Though I understand it's easier to bash it and label those who enjoy it as "hipsters", because it's cool to rip on the hipsters. Can't NOT be cool, amirite?
    Agreed. It tends to smell like trash juice with a very acidic taste, but this thread is ridiculous.

Most gamers seem to be confused by the definition of a hipster. Hipsters are a part of counter culture most commonly done in spite of popular culture. Kombucha is pretty mainstream. Hating on kombucha because everyone is drinking it makes one the very definition of a hipster.

10+ Year Old Account
    real men drink coors
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything that claims to "Aid in detoxification" is a scam.

Unless they mean it makes you shit a lot. In which case I'm not sure that's a selling point tbh.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    $78 for that bottle?!
    7 to 8 not 78

Quote Originally Posted by Soilx3 View Post

Mandatory watch.
    I think I have watched all his videos, the durian fruit one and the Surströmming ones are hilarious.

My wife brewed that fungus juice for a time. Never tried it, and I regret nothing.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    I think I have watched all his videos, the durian fruit one and the Surströmming ones are hilarious.
    Surströmming looks pretty disgusting.

I bought some one time just out of curiosity, it was fucking disgusting and I'm never going to drink it again.

Quote Originally Posted by noipmahc-omm View Post
    Agreed. It tends to smell like trash juice with a very acidic taste, but this thread is ridiculous.

Most gamers seem to be confused by the definition of a hipster. Hipsters are a part of counter culture most commonly done in spite of popular culture. Kombucha is pretty mainstream. Hating on kombucha because everyone is drinking it makes one the very definition of a hipster.
    Eh, it's a stretch to claim that modern hipsters are genuinely part of a counterculture, it's more like they are just easily duped into buying products that are marketed as if they were rebellious or underground, but are in reality as commercialized and mainstream as the companies that make them.
    Last edited by Macaquerie; 2017-05-21 at 07:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kind of thinking of trying some, I see it at my local store all the time, and I'm really curious. It doesn't sound very appealing, though.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Eh, it's a stretch to claim that modern hipsters are genuinely part of a counterculture, it's more like they are just easily duped into buying products that are marketed as if they were rebellious or underground, but are in reality as commercialized and mainstream as the companies that make them.
    They're a major part of the anti-marketing market. It's a big market.

"Hipster" has pretty much come to be the trendy word for... trendy. We've used many other words for the same concept over the years.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    I'm kind of thinking of trying some, I see it at my local store all the time, and I'm really curious. It doesn't sound very appealing, though.
    I found the Kombucha that the Dandy Warhols like, in the cold drinks section at my local supermarket.
    I wasnt bad.. and the Ginger flavored one is quite nice.

The Dandies, currently headlining across the USA, took a shine to MOJO Kombucha, a living, low sugar, unpasteurised drink derived from a 2000-year-old east Asian recipe, when they toured Australia last month.

Singer-guitarist Courtney Taylor -Taylor was full of praise for the drink that has been produced at a purpose built factory by makers Organic and Raw since 2011 and is now part of the band’s ‘rider’ or hospitality requests during a tour.

“If you’re in Australia, this stuff is awesome,” he said. “The ginger is the best one. The company sent us a bunch in Perth and now they’re gonna send it to every show.”

Organic and Raw managing director Anthony Crabb said the drink was becoming a standard rider component on tour.

“Apart from Neil Young and the boss (Bruce Springsteen), there’s been Katie Perry, Pink, Motley Crue and Kiss. It really is the nectar of the rock gods.”

Kombucha is a fast-growing, multimillion-dollar segment of the booming functional drinks market in the US with vibrant sales across Australia.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/busine...bbe88c24948597

I must remember not to post stupid stuff when very drunk.

7+ Year Old Account
    Okay, they are advertising for a new brand called MOJO Kombucha, I got it lol, looks like they got you.

I tried it once some years ago and will never drink it again, disgusting stuff :-D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    Just to say, I actually tried it and eh. I don't get either the like or dislike of it. It's meh. Fine enough. Does smell a bit funky though. To each his/her own.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

I've brewed it before and used to drink it regularly (it's too expensive). It's good, but it does require certain "sophisticated" tastes.

I wouldn't expect the lowly plebes on this forum to understand though

"sashes away"

I have had it recently I honestly don't get what the big fuss is about, it's not great not awful either.

Tastes like shit, only had it one time and it was terrible. Didn't even finish the thing.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

I make it at home with Earl Gray tea and raw demenara cane sugar.

It's so awesome Surprised people don't know about kombucha!

You're missing out!
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator