Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Herpie View Post
    "Without having raided on him at all"

*Links me a profile of a 10/10 NH HC character, having killed a total of 28 NH normal and 23 NH HC bosses*

Never said I hadn't raided on him since. Did you notice I still have only one clear of NH-H? What you can't see is the 915 gear in my bags from BS boss that would break my tier set (I only have the 4 pieces, so not much flexibility). Note both trinkets, gloves, and wrists are all from nethershards. Rings and neck are from M+.

Compare 23 H boss kills on this alt to 180 on my main. Alt is 904; Main is 908. As I said, the catch-ups are ridiculous.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2017-05-21 at 06:44 AM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Thetruth - he is speaking truth. Seriously, gearing is super easy right now because Blizz wants it to be. There are always returning players right before a new raid patch, and it is in Blizz's interest to make it possible for those players to catch up and be raid-viable in short order. Here are some of the main catch-up mechanisms atm:
    • Nethershard Vendor: Not only sells 880 items, but allows you to target your weakest slots. These items WF & TF quite often. I have gotten 890 and 900 items from this vendor.
    • BS World Boss: Drops 900 gear that frequently WF to 915.
    • M+: Make friends and run the best key you can each week. You may not manage a +10 your first week on a new toon, but get the best you can and improve each week.
    • WQs: Check the map every time you log in; use it like a shopping list. The rewards may seem meh at 860ish, but sometimes you spot a relic or some-such that helps temporarily until you can farm better.
    Using this approach, I geared my last alt to 900 with maybe 2-3 days played at 110 and without having raided on him at all. He is now 904, one AK behind my main, one trait behind my main, and maybe 2% of the played time? It is crazy to me how easy it is to catch up.

PS: I usually get over 2000 nethershards from invasions. Mix of 350 & 225 from each objective, + 600 or so for completing scenario. You can do all of them each time; you are not limited to 4. Rares and wyrmtongue chests are easy to farm, grab the random chest in treasure cave each time it comes up, and prioritize those 7500 shard missions from Command table.
    I call BS on the world boss. I have 9 max level alts, so I do it with each one of them everytime it spawns and coin it on each one, too.

I've gotten maybe 4 items (1 of which was a duplicate) in total from the last world boss, across 36 chances (it reset on wednesday)

Another whine about not putting the effort in and being upset that they don't get invited. See the other 456 threads about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    I call BS on the world boss. I have 9 max level alts, so I do it with each one of them everytime it spawns and coin it on each one, too.

I've gotten maybe 4 items (1 of which was a duplicate) in total from the last world boss, across 36 chances (it reset on wednesday)
    RNG is RNG. I have 4 max levels and also coined it on each. I got 4 items in 8 chances, two of which WF, one of which I am equipping atm (915 legs for my DH Felfaadaern-Stormrage).
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2017-05-21 at 07:31 AM.

RNG is RNG. I have 4 max levels and also coined it on each. I got 4 items in 8 chances, two of which WF, one of which I am equipping atm (915 legs for my DH Felfaadaern-Stormrage).
    So then you admit that you need good luck for gearing just as much as the play time and a lot of people might not find it to be that easy, right?

So then you admit that you need good luck for gearing just as much as the play time and a lot of people might not find it to be that easy, right?
    Do I admit that there is RNG in WoW, especially in Legion? lol.
    Does that mean that strangers are responsible for setting group finder requirements to suit me, because I want to be in their group and I refuse to make friends or join a guild? Again, lol.

As I said before, Group Finder is free market group matching. If you want socialized group matching, join a guild.

Gearing is easier than it's ever been. RNG is RNG, but the odds will eventually even out. You can absolutely gear to 900 in very little time and without being carried. I've done it on two alts and plenty of others in these forums are saying the same thing. We're not all making it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Herpie View Post
    "Without having raided on him at all"

*Links me a profile of a 10/10 NH HC character, having killed a total of 28 NH normal and 23 NH HC bosses*

Here's another one for you: Furrycane-Stormrage. He's 898 and still never set foot in H, never even cleared N. I barely play him atm, only logging him to flip table missions, do world bosses, and the occasional emissary or invasion. I don't even do M+ on this one (although I did do a couple M+ when I first dinged 110 - maybe two or three weekly chests total).

You have a total of 2 relinquished items and 1 world boss item. The rest is from mythic+10 or heroic NH. I don't think anybody is going to take an 882 ilvl char into a +10 mythic or a heroic NH unless he pays for it. I finally hit ilvl 900 on my DH with some lucky rolls, and I do not raid or do much of any m+... so it can be done but not very quickly without carries.

PS: You also have 51 artifact traits already so you pretty clearly play quite a bit and are still only at 904.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    You have a total of 2 relinquished items and 1 world boss item. The rest is from mythic+10 or heroic NH. I don't think anybody is going to take an 882 ilvl char into a +10 mythic or a heroic NH unless he pays for it. I finally hit ilvl 900 on my DH with some lucky rolls, and I do not raid or do much of any m+... so it can be done but not very quickly without carries.

PS: You also have 51 artifact traits already so you pretty clearly play quite a bit and are still only at 904.
    Yeah I'm playing him a good bit lately. He did hit 900 fairly soon after dinging 110, and has leveled off since. The upgrades are much fewer at that point. He has a couple items in bag that are higher level than his tier, because tier. And I am focused more on AP than gear on all my toons, because the gear is all getting replaced next month. I don't even open my weekly M+ chests until I've gotten all the AK I can get for that week.

Note: I did not even try to get into a +10 or H-NH on Hardur at 882. I tanked my own key up to +7 his first week; think he was 875 or so at the time. We missed timer at that point so I let it go for the week. Tanked his own key up to +10 the following week; I think he was 890s at that point. He tanked his first H-NH clear just last week and was already over 900.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2017-05-21 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    I mean we require people(alts/socials) to be 890+ for our heroic casual runs since that's pretty much where you get after hitting 110 now...
    I hope you are still talking about pugs here. Because if you do this to your GUILD MEMBERS it makes your officers a bunch of egoistic assholes -- unless perhaps you still don't have hc on farm, then I can somewhat understand.

Just run +2's and hope for titanforge, then go up to +4's etc etc. The game is hard when you have no friends and are in a shit guild

Yeah I'm playing him a good bit lately. He did hit 900 fairly soon after dinging 110, and has leveled off since. The upgrades are much fewer at that point. He has a couple items in bag that are higher level than his tier, because tier. And I am focused more on AP than gear on all my toons, because the gear is all getting replaced next month. I don't even open my weekly M+ chests until I've gotten all the AK I can get for that week.
    And how much of that 900 came from m+8/9/10 or heroic NH?

Do I admit that there is RNG in WoW, especially in Legion? lol.
    Does that mean that strangers are responsible for setting group finder requirements to suit me, because I want to be in their group and I refuse to make friends or join a guild? Again, lol.

As I said before, Group Finder is free market group matching. If you want socialized group matching, join a guild.

Gearing is easier than it's ever been. RNG is RNG, but the odds will eventually even out. You can absolutely gear to 900 in very little time and without being carried. I've done it on two alts and plenty of others in these forums are saying the same thing. We're not all making it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's another one for you: Furrycane-Stormrage. He's 898 and still never set foot in H, never even cleared N. I barely play him atm, only logging him to flip table missions, do world bosses, and the occasional emissary or invasion. I don't even do M+ on this one (although I did do a couple M+ when I first dinged 110 - maybe two or three weekly chests total).
    Totally not a complaint post at all, but when I see your character I wonder why I bother playing at all... I have such horrible luck and anxiety playing with people who I don't know. Makes it very difficult to actually get geared properly, and I've played my DH since 7.1.5 (technically launch, but that's really irrelelvant to current gearing) and really only up to 899 only just recently. And the people I do know can't play much, and the guild I'm part of (with said friends) has too many shitty players, and we can't exactly find a new guild for all 5 of us that'll take all of us to raids. I am in no way a bad player. As a matter of fact my logs I'm typically in the 90+ percentile for my ilvl range, 75 range for overall, but I still have huge fear of making even the tiniest mistakes in a group. Not that one can get into many heroic groups without AotC. But I don't blame anyone but myself for this situation. I've come to accept that I'll never go beyond 900 before ToS with my horrid WF/TF luck. Get so many WF/TF on shit that has no crit which has no right to be equipped on a DH unless it's significantly higher in ilvl.

And how much of that 900 came from m+8/9/10 or heroic NH?
    Think I was editing in a note when you typed this question.

"I did not even try to get into a +10 or H-NH on Hardur at 882. I tanked my own key up to +7 his first week; think he was 875 or so at the time. We missed timer at that point so I let it go for the week. Tanked his own key up to +10 the following week; I think he was 890s at that point. He tanked his first H-NH clear just last week and was already over 900."

at this stage most ppl are intrested in ap farms and legendaries so you will see a lot of high i lvl requirements in theory (but not allway's in practice) for speed runs, ive seen multiple normal nh runs asking for 900 or higher but like i said a lot of ppl arent looking for the drops themselves now

"I did not even try to get into a +10 or H-NH on Hardur at 882. I tanked my own key up to +7 his first week; think he was 875 or so at the time. We missed timer at that point so I let it go for the week. Tanked his own key up to +10 the following week; I think he was 890s at that point. He tanked his first H-NH clear just last week and was already over 900."
    This thread is about DPS though, so you essentially admit you cheated by tanking.

Of course you'll get into groups as tank or healer. Tanking and healing is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrosis View Post
    Totally not a complaint post at all, but when I see your character I wonder why I bother playing at all... I have such horrible luck and anxiety playing with people who I don't know. Makes it very difficult to actually get geared properly, and I've played my DH since 7.1.5 (technically launch, but that's really irrelelvant to current gearing) and really only up to 899 only just recently. And the people I do know can't play much, and the guild I'm part of (with said friends) has too many shitty players, and we can't exactly find a new guild for all 5 of us that'll take all of us to raids. I am in no way a bad player. As a matter of fact my logs I'm typically in the 90+ percentile for my ilvl range, 75 range for overall, but I still have huge fear of making even the tiniest mistakes in a group. Not that one can get into many heroic groups without AotC. But I don't blame anyone but myself for this situation. I've come to accept that I'll never go beyond 900 before ToS with my horrid WF/TF luck. Get so many WF/TF on shit that has no crit which has no right to be equipped on a DH unless it's significantly higher in ilvl.
    I do feel for you. I've met a couple other nice people here in the forums who struggled with social anxiety. I suspect this is a challenge for more online gamers than most realize. It is the reason many prefer queued content over social groups - the ability to avoid fear of rejection.

I won't pretend to have answers for you; you have more experience with your particular challenge than I do. Send me a tell when you get your key next week and I'll be happy to tank it for you. I can't promise to do that for everyone in the thread, but I can at least help someone. Feel free to invite your friends to the group (whichever you like). We'll see how far we can push it. I'll message you my Blizz ID.

If you're playing alone and are not extremely comitted at the start of a new content patch you'll have to try even harder to improve your character. The catch-up mechanics are there. There's infinite guides on the internet. While I agree it's rough it could be way worse if you didn't have all this information. The best way to go to get rid of the effort is usually to just try find a guild that are willing to help you out.

Tanks are way different than DPS though for gearing. DPS it can be very difficult to get into groups if you are too low but as a tank you can often get a free pass even if you are lower. If you are a DPS you don't really have access to as many m+, which I am sure you have noticed on your rogue because he has basically no dungeon gear. Tanks are a piece of cake to gear up.

This thread is about DPS though, so you essentially admit you cheated by tanking.

Of course you'll get into groups as tank or healer. Tanking and healing is easy.
    Guess you missed the post where my rogue is 898 without ever having raided heroic (or even cleared normal).

More importantly, you overlooked the post where I tried to be helpful by suggesting - if you insist on playing guildless DPS - that you go out of your way to friend tanks and healers. Especially tanks and healers who've had a chance to see you in action playing well.

- - - Updated - - -

Tanks are way different than DPS though for gearing. DPS it can be very difficult to get into groups if you are too low but as a tank you can often get a free pass even if you are lower. If you are a DPS you don't really have access to as many m+, which I am sure you have noticed on your rogue because he has basically no dungeon gear. Tanks are a piece of cake to gear up.
    I've been lazy on the rogue, which in my mind just shows how easy it is to gear up atm. He's 898 and I barely touch him.

I agree that Tanks and Healers have an advantage in the free market of group finder. They have the advantage of supply and demand curve. But so do good dps. Trick is having tanks and healers who know how good you are. Believe me, as tank I keep good dps on a short list and look for them whenever I tank high M+. Not just good damage, but DPS who know when to AoE stun, are reliable with interrupts, etc. As dps, it's all about building a contact list of tanks and healers who know you and know you are good. Build that list, stay in touch, and they will always be happy to invite you on any of your alts.

I shared this earlier, but no one reads the whole thread, so here it is again.

"Tip for anyone who declines guilds in favor of pugging: befriend tanks and healers. Keep a list of the good ones you've run with and go out of your way to befriend them. In the free market of group finder, being DPS is not a hot commodity. Being good DPS is. If you know how to play, know how and when to AoE stun, interrupt, etc, the tanks and healers will want to run with you again. When you know you've played well in an instance, consider sending tank a friend request. If he noticed your play, there's good chance he will accept. Then next week you can whisper with your key and he may be happy to tank it for you.

Guilds are still the easiest route, imho. But if you are determined to play DPS without being in a guild, this is your next best strategy."

I always take lower itlvl people to mythics and lower keys at the chance of them getting decent upgrades, a few of my friends do the same. I remember how frustrated I was in WoD because I took such a long break and fell behind drastically, getting into pugs was difficult. If you know you're going to blitz the content, be nice a help some lower geared peeps
    I remember you... In the mountains