Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirkzat View Post
    The point isn't to make them go away, but be entirely harmless and effective as factory workers.
    They've been pretty harmless since WW2, I don't see what extra punishment would have done to them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They still assimilated perfectly well, after being under Danish rule and culture. Easy.
    Except for the minority who still wish they were part of Denmark. More than 300 years after the fact. And resentment on rule from Stockholm is almost greater than resentment towards the EU. Yeah, easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    They've been pretty harmless since WW2, I don't see what extra punishment would have done to them.
    No, they're not. They're an important force in the EU and God knows what they could be up to. There's just no reason to trust them at all.

With an EU army coming, I really worry what the German role will eventually be. Just wait, it won't be pretty. Call it a conspiracy if you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    Except for the minority who still wish they were part of Denmark. More than 300 years after the fact. And resentment on rule from Stockholm is almost greater than resentment towards the EU. Yeah, easy.
    Uh sounds scary, I bet they'll go to war over their nostalgia!

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually, it's elementary school material. I suggest you pick up a history lesson on ancient Greece, Rome, Medieval Europe, the Renaissance, and the Enlightenment.

Like, Ireland is the "West". Okay. Now, are you in your wildest dreams going to suggest Ireland has contributed more to the "West" than Poland or Russia? I mean... back to elementary school my friend!
    What were polands and russias contributions to the west? Also going by your answer in the other thread, usa, canada, australia... aren't western countries then.

How many Slavic groups do that?
    Do what? Lead the statistics?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

No, they're not. They're an important force in the EU and God knows what they could be up to. There's just no reason to trust them at all.

With an EU army coming, I really worry what the German role will eventually be. Just wait, it won't be pretty. Call it a conspiracy if you want.
    Oh please, they'll just invade Poland. No one will miss it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    What were polands and russias contributions to the west? Also going by your answer in the other thread, usa, canada, australia... aren't western countries then.
    I'm so sorry, but you really need a good history lesson! If you pay me I'll give you a series of online lessons easily!

But yes, I only consider Europe Western. In fact, the term "West" should be scrapped. "European civilization" suffices. We're European, not Western or Eastern. End.

Do what? Lead the statistics?
    Right on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Oh please, they'll just invade Poland. No one will miss it.
    At least Germany would get some nice cities.

Have you ever seen Berlin? It looks worse than if it were flattened, lol!

Deleted
    Putin fans and their EU-hatred.

I hope the web brigades pay well.

Last thing I want is to be under control of another Slavic nation, especialy Russia. It will take decades for our country to get fixed from their bullshit.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Well, considering that Germany is the most populated country by a quite large margin of the EU, fairly obvious that they'd be a rather important force. It's a democratic union. At the same time they have the forth fewest MPs in the EU-Parliament by population. Unsure of why they actually have as many as they do, they ought to have the fewest.
    Once Brexit is complete the amount of EU citizens that are also German citizens will grow from the current 15% to an even larger fraction.

The EU army thing ought to be a good if you want stronger border control.

Uh sounds scary, I bet they'll go to war over their nostalgia!
    Most of that have been crushed out by war. But there are political movements to break from Sweden and join Denmark (or become fully independent) peacefully.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm so sorry, but you really need a good history lesson! If you pay me I'll give you a series of online lessons easily!

But yes, I only consider Europe Western. In fact, the term "West" should be scrapped. "European civilization" suffices. We're European, not Western or Eastern. End.
    I don't need to learn about your misuse of terms, it's funny to read your reasonings for free, no need to pay you for anything.

Right on.
    Out of the top 10, 5 of them are slavic countries. With of course slavic countries being first and third.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    Well, considering that Germany is the most populated country by a quite large margin of the EU, fairly obvious that they'd be a rather important force. It's a democratic union. At the same time they have the forth fewest MPs in the EU-Parliament by population. Unsure of why they actually have as many as they do, they ought to have the fewest.
    Once Brexit is complete the amount of EU citizens that are also German citizens will grow from the current 15% to an even larger fraction.

The EU army thing ought to be a good if you want stronger border control.

Most of that have been crushed out by war. But there are political movements to break from Sweden and join Denmark (or become fully independent) peacefully.
    The EU army isn't necessary for border control. Individual states can handle it easily.

Yes and all those who voted should have been punished severely. Collaborating with the enemy makes you a perfectly legitimate kill target. Stalin should have done something against them. Maybe let the Jews stone them to death, or something of that sort.

Actually thinking about it, Jews should have been given a territory of their own in a great portion of Germany.

- - - Updated - - -

The point isn't to make them go away, but be entirely harmless and effective as factory workers.

- - - Updated - - -

They still assimilated perfectly well, after being under Danish rule and culture. Easy.
    Being beaten down as a nation, losing their lives or those of loved ones, being criminally charged likely applied to most who willingly collaborated. Plus, you are speaking with the benefit of hindsight here. Not many ordinary voters early on could have known what was coming there. And I mean, a lot of the people who later ostensibly voted for the Nazis did secretly help pursued Jews and the like. You want those to be stoned to death?

But no, collaboration does not make you a kill target outside of combat. If some farmer joins the nazis and shoots at you, you are right to shoot at him. But if he gives some of his produce to the soldiers in exchange for not being beaten to death, he is not a kill target.

Germany today is pretty harmless and has effective factory workers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Last thing I want is to be under control of another Slavic nation, especialy Russia. It will take decades for our country to get fixed from their bullshit.
    Where are you from?

Deleted
    We're European, not Western or Eastern. End.
    Europe defined the west, and yes, we are the western culture.

If you cant accept that.. well, you know, Mr. Putin would welcome someone as imperialistic and illusioned about the EU to russia as part of one of his spam factories in St. Petersburg.

Also i am not sure if your idea about a racist "slavic union" with Putins ideas about am empire is anything close to useful for the people that would have to live in such a kind of dictatorship.

Oh, and btw., race threads are not allowed on this forums. And if you limit your new union to the "aryan slavic race" only, you create exactly that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I don't need to learn about your misuse of terms, it's funny to read your reasonings for free, no need to pay you for anything.
    Actually, I don't misuse the word. The "West" is Europe. Go check it out! But not just on maps, but actual history books!

Out of the top 10, 5 of them are slavic countries. With of course slavic countries being first and third.
    Are we talking about the adjusted crime per capita, and for migrants who came to settle (i.e. work/study/live) rather than just move to another country to perform crime?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Being beaten down as a nation, losing their lives or those of loved ones, being criminally charged likely applied to most who willingly collaborated. Plus, you are speaking with the benefit of hindsight here. Not many ordinary voters early on could have known what was coming there. And I mean, a lot of the people who later ostensibly voted for the Nazis did secretly help pursued Jews and the like. You want those to be stoned to death?

But no, collaboration does not make you a kill target outside of combat. If some farmer joins the nazis and shoots at you, you are right to shoot at him. But if he gives some of his produce to the soldiers in exchange for not being beaten to death, he is not a kill target.

Germany today is pretty harmless and has effective factory workers
    Yes, all those who voted for the Nazi party should have been stoned to death, or maybe used as test subjects for nukes. There is no excuse for having let them go at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Oh, and btw., race threads are not allowed on this forums. And if you limit your new union to the "aryan slavic race" only, you create exactly that.
    Haha, it would be hilarious if my Slavic Union proposal would be deemed a racial issue.

So we might as well ban threads about the EU! It's about "Europe" and is therefore racist! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

Deleted
    So we might as well ban threads about the EU! It's about "Europe" and is therefore racist! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111
    No, you said yourself you want to limit your "slavic union" to one single race only.

Are you a hypocrite and cant stand by your racist attitudes?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I don't misuse the word. The "West" is Europe. Go check it out! But not just on maps, but actual history books!
    The concept of the "West" didn't exist until after WW II.
    The great power construct that was the political philosophy of the day was a whole different thing that functioned on other aspects. For a majority of the last thousand years more of what is today Germany was under Austrian hegemony.
    However the world has never been changing as quickly as since the start of the Industrial Revolution. Higher literacy and the printing press is why shit started happening. It is why parts of the world have a far more egalitarian view of life than parts of the world were those texts never got distributed until far later, and literacy is still shoddy. (Which is also the thinking and basis on the stuff that created the "West").
    You should read far more broadly and in far more detail on your history. You probably think that the French Revolution happened because the French king was too powerful an autocrat and that's the only reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    No, you said yourself you want to limit your "slavic union" to one single race only.

Are you a hypocrite and cant stand by your racist attitudes?
    We would accept the minorities within, but nothing more.

Racism is judging an individual by the colour of his skin. That's illogical, since you cannot deduce the intellect or personality or skills of a person from his race only. Racial differences exist, but so do individual differences within races which make it logically impossible to determine anything about a person based on his race alone. We can make countries for one race or ethnicity mostly (as we technically do in Europe) without hating others.

Nice try, very nice! Impressive, in fact! But do keep trying though!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Yeah, but the same can be said when you compare your country to your town. The people that make decisions in your government often have little to no connection to the town you live in etc. It is simply a higher level in my opinion. Of course, you did not directly elect the decision-makers in Brussels, unlike those in your country, but that is only the case because states still want their sovereignty.
    However, you indirectly elect them through your local elections. There is always an option to vote for a party that wants a 'insert clever exit name'.
    If the EU does not work for a country and they make the informed decision to leave, then that is fine. I personally just dislike it when people who don't want to be members want to see it fall apart, since it does work for at least some countries - otherwise we would have many more exits.
    Not really, I can vote for both my mayor and my prime minister. Very few of the issues, at least here in Denmark, are town specific - I dont know if this is different for the larger countries tho. Its not like we can just lower the taxes for my town, and then have everyone else pay Also, most danish politicians want what is best for Denmark and what supports danish culture. This is not the case for politicians in other countries. Everybody votes in their own interest even tho it might be detrimental to others.

Leaving the EU is unreasonably hard atm. Jean-Claude Juncker wanting upwards of 100billion euros from the UK for leaving is just insane.

Yes, all those who voted for the Nazi party should have been stoned to death, or maybe used as test subjects for nukes. There is no excuse for having let them go at all.
    There were good reasons for doing so (aside from some that outright escaped justice). Most of all the fact that, unless they proudly displayed it, one could not tell who voted for that party to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by halloaa View Post
    Not really, I can vote for both my mayor and my prime minister. Very few of the issues, at least here in Denmark, are town specific - I dont know if this is different for the larger countries tho. Its not like we can just lower the taxes for my town, and then have everyone else pay Also, most danish politicians want what is best for Denmark and what supports danish culture. This is not the case for politicians in other countries. Everybody votes in their own interest even tho it might be detrimental to others.

Leaving the EU is unreasonably hard atm. Jean-Claude Juncker wanting upwards of 100billion euros from the UK for leaving is just insane.
    That can also just be a matter of perspective, to be honest. Some Danish politicians want what is best for Denmark (in their view) because it also benefits them - just like many in Brussels want what is best for the EU (in their view) because it also benefits them. Some do it even without own gain. Others want what is not the best for the EU and what is best for them. That is how politics works.
    However, what is best for the EU as a whole might also be something that is bad for Denmark. Politicians in Brussels do not put Denmark's well-being as their top priority. And the Danish government does not put the well-being of your particular town as their top priority.

As I said, the principle is similar, it is just further removed. You share more with the politicians in your government than you share with, say, Germans in the European parliament. That makes it easier for you to identify with the former as a political body than the latter.

As for the UK: that is not factually correct. Britain can leave the EU without paying that. Juncker predicates talks about a trade deal with the payment though, which, according to my information, is money that Britain owes the EU.
    Last edited by Kiri; 2017-05-21 at 12:03 PM.