Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Token price in the US has already dropped almost 10k just today. Guess hearing the PC ver wouldn't have a side by side release and no dedicated servers probably killed the hype on that pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlathe View Post
    Botters.

Back in Cata and Mop I had a couple of botters that would sell me ore and herbs at about 50% of the AH prices. I had to commit to buying x amount every week though. Was very, very profitable to me as inscription was still a money maker( I had my servers market zipped right up) and gems always sold.
    Made a lot with Alchemy as well. Easily paid to power level engineering and handily out performed my tailor and enchanter all with a handful of minutes at an AH a day.

My idea - to balance things out other games should also have some analogue of gold, shared with Wow, that can be purchased for $$$. Cuz it's unfair, that gold -> $$$ process in one way only for all games, except Wow.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Quick & easy doesn't go along well with dead server, on dead server you can price gouge higher because of less competition or even monopolize market, but stuff simply takes ages to sell.

For example, if I post a hexweave bag on Silvermoon-EU (high pop) it sells within an hour, often in seconds, if I do the same on my alt's realm Moonglade-EU (dead as fuck) it often returns unsold. Now imagine items that aren't bought in high volumes, like the youtuber fave's: transmogs, pets, mounts, old expansion mats, these things are niche market, they already take long to sell on high pop, not even mentioning a low pop.

The whole premise these youtubers rely on is "let's post 5000 items, 1 of them will sell so I can prove how much % profit I'm making", though even with addons managing inventory, mailbox and AH of 5000 auctions is a job.

The other avenue is to sell stuff that sells in high volumes, gems, enchants, food, flasks, pots, but people who do it full time usually find suppliers of mats that sell them those mats under AH price. I still dunno who in their right mind COD mats for maybe 60% of their market price to these crafters while they could just sell it on AH for way more.

Neither of these are really "effort free", I remember selling tons of gems from wotlk to mop, then also selling glyphs, but canceling, reposting, managing mailbox, resupplying mats, recrafting, etc. this gets old and tedious. I couldn't "full time" play to make gold. I sell some stuff in spare time, but it's boring to just "camp AH".

Now the people who literally park themselves in a spot and grind mobs for mog greens or leather or w/e else, I saw tons of vids like that, but I'm not subbed to this game to pretend I'm a chinese bot, if that's their sense of fun, fine, but I'd wager for majority of the playerbase it's boring af, indeed if you have a choice you'd rather hire yourself to clean toilets for 5$/hour than grind for wow token like that.
    Exactly, but it draws the attention, clickbait or what ever it is called. People watch it then gets mad or frustrated because they can't earn as much as the youtubers claim to earn.

There is a huge difference between farming stuff for an hour and have 30k worth of items in your bag, and actually managing to sell those items. I got about 300k worth of BoEs and shit in my bank, tried to sell them for quite some time but it is slow. Sometimes I get lucky and sell a BoE and get a some "quick gold". But I've given up on logging in 3-4 times on my bank toons every day to refresh my AH. It's boring.

Working an hour to pay my monthly fee is just a lot more convenient.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    I know I'm late to the party but only just figured something out about tokens
    I had $70 battle net balance, was gonna buy a character boost with it to use it up
    Logged into the alt I rolled on a new server then noticed I could buy game tokens with my balance, so bought them, put on Ah now my new server alt has easy gold without doing the battle pet shuffle.
    Yeah yeah I know it's most likely been that way since implementation but still handy for me to know for future

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post

So I just read it on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...00_gold_on_eu/

And I guess it's only the beggining - it will go even higher because of Destiny 2.
    Soon as the next major patch comes out they will drop again as per the usual when people flock back and need gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Soon as the next major patch comes out they will drop again as per the usual when people flock back and need gold.
    It already did drop long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    It already did drop long ago.
    It will again once 7.2.5 comes out, and then when 7.3 comes out it will really drop. The price is based on market saturation.

Deleted
    It will again once 7.2.5 comes out, and then when 7.3 comes out it will really drop. The price is based on market saturation.
    The price hasn't dropped in months, why would it drop when a new patch comes out? It's gonna rise cause of people coming back and needing gametime.

Quote Originally Posted by GrillGates View Post
    I just did prove hes point wrong,you stopid mate?
    Can't spell, and has the syntax of a 5 year old. Yeah, mate, I'm stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the token prices, I never have to farm again. Easier to pay 20 bucks then farm for a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    The price hasn't dropped in months, why would it drop when a new patch comes out? It's gonna rise cause of people coming back and needing gametime.
    The more tokens on the market the price goes down, when tokens run out there are no more to buy, and tons of people will want gold quick and will be willing to shell out for tokens thus bringing to cost down the first few days with the flood of tokens. Thy explained this is how it works, now 7.3 being a more appealing we will likely see a larger drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Can't spell, and has the syntax of a 5 year old. Yeah, mate, I'm stupid.
    The moment you resort to spell checking, you've lost the discussion. Game over man.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    There is a huge difference between farming stuff for an hour and have 30k worth of items in your bag, and actually managing to sell those items. I got about 300k worth of BoEs and shit in my bank, tried to sell them for quite some time but it is slow. Sometimes I get lucky and sell a BoE and get a some "quick gold". But I've given up on logging in 3-4 times on my bank toons every day to refresh my AH. It's boring.
    Yep I used to have some of these "worth bazillionjillion gold" items like chromatic sword or reins of poseidus for selling and it took me months to get rid of them and not for the price youtubers claim it's worth (good luck selling chromatic sword for 4 million, if undermine journal says there is this 1 patient guy that lists it on his dead server every day for years doesn't mean it will ever sell for this price). I've got several in game mails about this sword, all of them lowballing then backing off. In the end some reseller bought it and I'm glad I'm relieved of the burden.

Another way is spam trade every day you have this rare tcg item or rare mog, but literally 90% of responses you're gonna get is that you're a greedy scum, not worth the price, trolling you and flaming. If I wanted to endure this I would take an irl job of a peddler, same stuff, people spit on you, but at least you aren't in it for virtual gold but real money.

And Destiny 2 will release and people will buy it and the token price will drop again and people will find something new to gripe about.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    The moment you resort to spell checking, you've lost the discussion. Game over man.
    Whatever, nerd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Quote Originally Posted by iNUKE View Post
    If you add everything together and have like 5 alts you can get 200k in 2 or 3 days easily,.. and I'm not including any sort of farming or crazy moves.
    At some point it's better to just cough up 15$ to avoid having to grind\farm\run every gold wq on alts to for 10-20-30 hours...

I literally don't understand people coming up with completely absurd and boring grinds (for dozens of hours) to pay for the token, it's not worth it at all.

If you can buy them from your regular play, then it makes perfect sense, otherwise, it's just silly.

It didn't drop when 7.2 came out. Actually went up slightly in the subsequent weeks (between 91k-96k in the couple of weeks pre-patch, between 95k-100k in the couple of weeks afterwards).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercay View Post
    People are always making these claims that ridiculous amounts of gold is so easily made, but I've never seen any of them actually back it up with how it's done lmao
    But but but all the youtube 1337 gold making videos????

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Whatever, nerd.
    And now some name calling, you're indeed classy!