Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    You can't get 895 in a few days by nethershards or by any means unless you got boosted.. Also I did mention that I tried making a group but no healer or tank joins, so what can I do.
    I leveled an alt a few weeks, I can vouch that in 1 week after hitting 110 i was able to get 892 ilvl without setting foot in mythic+ or any raid ( mainly doing pvp and WQs+ nethershards) and 42 traits.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teranzil View Post
    I always take lower itlvl people to mythics and lower keys at the chance of them getting decent upgrades, a few of my friends do the same. I remember how frustrated I was in WoD because I took such a long break and fell behind drastically, getting into pugs was difficult. If you know you're going to blitz the content, be nice a help some lower geared peeps
    As geared tank, on those occasions when I have some reason to do a regular mythic, I set it to 850 auto-accept. I also put in note "No summons. Just get here and catch up when you can. I'll probably be on 2nd boss." Joys of being a tank.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    I leveled an alt a few weeks, I can vouch that in 1 week after hitting 110 i was able to get 892 ilvl without setting foot in mythic+ or any raid ( mainly doing pvp and WQs+ nethershards) and 42 traits.
    See! I'm not the only one saying this stuff. There's actually a lot of us saying it. To me, it's crazy how close my alts are to my main, with so much less effort invested.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    because as we all know pvp is part of pve gearing that players univeraly love eh ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    Dont like it? dont Whine.

Make your own groups.
    did you even read his post lol?

Hey

I recently took a 6 month break from wow because I got hooked a bit on Overwatch, and I wanted to play a little d3, so I kinda let wow go for a bit.
    I've since returned to wow, in a more casual way, but I'd still like to do things in game with involves raids or higher tier mythic dungeons.

I understand the path of progression and I shouldn't expect to raid mythic guldan as soon as I rejoined the game.
    But when I find myself struggling to get into regular mythic groups, it discourages me into even try to ask for groups for mythic+ or raids.
    I see stuff like "900+ for mythic+ 6", which is very insane. I understand the speed element of mythic+, but come on, the same goes for normal nighthold btw, 900+?
    I remember a post from a blizzard employee about the wq rewards and it should give you ilvl enough do nighthold normal.

Is 882 ilvl with 38 artifact traits really not good enough for mythic +6, nighthold normal and regular mythics?
    Am I just another lower ilvl DPS in a unlimited pool of 900+ super experienced dpsers?

I understand that this is player set rules and people decide exactly what they want for their raids but don't you remove 95% of the playerbase by having such restrictions?
    If anyone has any tips on how to get into groups for this (I've tried starting my own but nobody joins or I never get tanks/healers).

So basically the 95% needs to get together then and do stuff together?

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    because as we all know pvp is part of pve gearing that players univeraly love eh ?
    Grinding bgs is just as tedious as spamming low tier dungeons, doing the weekly wins in 3s/ rbgs also helps with the ilvl.

Not saying pvp is the way but it is easier to get into for the gear these days as its easy to join soloQ things with no ilvl req , even for the rated content there are a lot of no exp/cr requirements grp simply made for getting the daily/weekly wins required for the upgrades, pvp is much easier to get into in legion compared to other expansions and it also happens to be one of the best ways to gear alts without getting mythic+ boosts, not to mention the AP u get from rated content is just as competitive as raiding ( especially RBG AP gains).

Just putting it out there for those looking for an alternate source of gearing/ap farm.

Hey

I recently took a 6 month break from wow because I got hooked a bit on Overwatch, and I wanted to play a little d3, so I kinda let wow go for a bit.
    I've since returned to wow, in a more casual way, but I'd still like to do things in game with involves raids or higher tier mythic dungeons.

I understand the path of progression and I shouldn't expect to raid mythic guldan as soon as I rejoined the game.
    But when I find myself struggling to get into regular mythic groups, it discourages me into even try to ask for groups for mythic+ or raids.
    I see stuff like "900+ for mythic+ 6", which is very insane. I understand the speed element of mythic+, but come on, the same goes for normal nighthold btw, 900+?
    I remember a post from a blizzard employee about the wq rewards and it should give you ilvl enough do nighthold normal.

Is 882 ilvl with 38 artifact traits really not good enough for mythic +6, nighthold normal and regular mythics?
    Am I just another lower ilvl DPS in a unlimited pool of 900+ super experienced dpsers?

I understand that this is player set rules and people decide exactly what they want for their raids but don't you remove 95% of the playerbase by having such restrictions?
    If anyone has any tips on how to get into groups for this (I've tried starting my own but nobody joins or I never get tanks/healers).
    Mate, that's what happens when there's SO MUCH shit to grind. People don't consider the "content" fun anymore and only do it because they feel the need to grind for AP or legendaries. Because they don't enjoy it, they want to get it over with as quickly as possible which subsequently means they look for players with an as high as possible ilvl, so they can zerg whatever they feel they must do and log off again.

@OP i usually search for title like "chill group" for my m+ , i have never seen any m+ chill groups fail a 3chest timer tbh they always got positive attitude.
    For the raid groups on the other hand its better to give a shot at Open Raid webpage , you can easily find raid leaders who ask for nothing and do full runs have fun .

Quote Originally Posted by pseudoJ View Post
    I hope you are still talking about pugs here. Because if you do this to your GUILD MEMBERS it makes your officers a bunch of egoistic assholes -- unless perhaps you still don't have hc on farm, then I can somewhat understand.
    Why would they be egoistic assholes? Getting to 890 takes maybe 3 hours after you got to 110 since we help each other with Mythics/M+, an egoistic asshole would be someone slowing down 29 other people because he can't be arsed to put in a minimum of effort. We need to clear NH HC within 1 hour with the alt/social group in order to finish what we have planned for that night in time. We raid 1 or 2 days(Mythic only) on mains and we get in socials on bosses nobody needs loot from so we have people that don't raid but are 915ilvl in the guild.

Just because you have low standards and don't mind everything taking an eternity doesn't mean that someone with higher standards is an asshole. Not doing your best in a group environment simply shows that you lack respect for the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Why would they be egoistic assholes? Getting to 890 takes maybe 3 hours after you got to 110 since we help each other with Mythics/M+, an egoistic asshole would be someone slowing down 29 other people because he can't be arsed to put in a minimum of effort. We need to clear NH HC within 1 hour with the alt/social group in order to finish what we have planned for that night in time. We raid 1 or 2 days(Mythic only) on mains and we get in socials on bosses nobody needs loot from so we have people that don't raid but are 915ilvl in the guild.

Just because you have low standards and don't mind everything taking an eternity doesn't mean that someone with higher standards is an asshole. Not doing your best in a group environment simply shows that you lack respect for the others.
    Are we talking mythic or heroic here? If you want people to be 890 before you carry them in mythc then I get it. In the later case I stand behind what I said.

Also if you have people who don't raid btu are 915 equip (in a gear which makes actually sense for them) then you must have mythic on farm for quite some time now. 915 is a decent gear even for mythic raiders.

No way you get 890 in 3 hours unless you are lucky as hell -- provided you don't do insane stuff like grinding m+10 with full party tailored to your armor type and even then you might get ilvl just for the sake of ilvls (e.g any class which needs to meet a certain cap on secondary stat before actually being useful). And taking a person or two who is not overgearing content (and yes, 890 is overgearing) into a guild ran.

Comes down to the fact that there's lots of players with 900+ so there's no reason to take less. I agree that it sucks and it's absolutely not necessary to beat the content - Saying make a group isn't exactly ideal either, not everyone has 2 hours to sit in LFG as a dps trying to create one, just for it to potentially fail.

At the end of the day it's an MMO and without friends willing to help you out you're just going to have to claw at it for a little while, gradually increasing your ilvl bit by bit - The good news is there's lots of catch-up mechanics with each patch so even without dungeons/raids, you should be able to get at least some-what close to 900 with a bit of grinding. Although those saying that you can do-so alone in a day or two are full of shit; it's still not that bad of a grind.

Frankly if you're only concerned with raiding in the pug scene then I advise you to just enjoy the journey, it gets substantially less enjoyable once you clear the content and realize you've nothing further to aspire to other than a few more item levels.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2017-05-21 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Getting to 890 takes maybe 3 hours after you got to 110 since we help each other with Mythics/M+,
    yes it does for you only because you have acces to exeptional players willing to carry you to that itlvel

for majority of playerbase geting yo 890 takes weeks if not months.

only thing you are proving is you have no clue how game looks like for 90 % of playerbase.

7+ Year Old Account
    I know the feeling of getting declined all the time, so i took the leadership role this time.

I leveled up my druid ( first 110 on alliance, so no friends/guildies to ask for help ).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is what i did:

Dinged 110 with an ilvl of 800,
    Running all mythic dugeons on normal mode. I only invited high ilved leather people to help me out.
    they were nagging a bit but we cleared easy mode. After a morning doing all of those mythic dugeons
    i ended up with aprox 870ilvl.

The same day i made several raid groups:

Emerald Nightmare normal -> Named -> EM Norm leg / AP rush! 890+
    Also i invited mostly leather users and asked them nicely in wisper that i am new to the alliance side and would like to gear this toon asap. IF they got loot and dont need it that i could use it.

This what i did the same day with emerald nightmare heroic and nighthold normal.

So in one day i ended up with 898 ilvl including a legendary xD.

You just need to put on the bad pants and just lead the shit. Be harsh, kick people are going to cry about your ilvl. Easiest way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by badmdog View Post
    [...]
    You just need to put on the bad pants and just lead the shit. Be harsh, kick people are going to cry about your ilvl. Easiest way.
    A parasite's way. On the other hand, putting together and leading all those groups should have its reward. If there was any contribution other than kicks. So perhaps that gear was well earned after all and the strategy is golden.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyena View Post
    A parasite's way. On the other hand, putting together and leading all those groups should have its reward. If there was any contribution other than kicks. So perhaps that gear was well earned after all and the strategy is golden.
    Maybe its a parasite's way, but on the otherhand I learned alot over the years. I have been kicked alot of times duo arguments with a leader about loot. Being kicked for being to low ilvl. In the 11 years of playtime I learned that you need to stand up for urself.

I kick people who bring a bad enviroment to my raids. If one is starting being negative towards me in my raids it will effect others. This will lead in a raid disband. And I hate finding members after every boss that someone leaves. Thats why I always build a stable 30 man team so i can effort 1/2 leavers /kickers.

People mostly want the best shot of full clearing with least problems so they ask for high ilvls and achievements. It really isn't hard in the least to create your own Mythic+ and 3 chest it so you can do that to supplement your gear and ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by fadedmind View Post
    People mostly want the best shot of full clearing with least problems so they ask for high ilvls and achievements. It really isn't hard in the least to create your own Mythic+ and 3 chest it so you can do that to supplement your gear and ilvl.
    and we get it - but that personal greed is making game socialy unapealing - something that for mmorpg is a killer

yes we get it that you all want smooth 10 minutes clears - but by doin this you are toxic to community and community responds in ignoring such ineffective tool .

there is a reason why LFD/LFR was brought into game - and such behaviour can be pitfall for mythic + next expansion if not enough players do them because of inaccesibility

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by badmdog View Post
    I know the feeling of getting declined all the time, so i took the leadership role this time.

I leveled up my druid ( first 110 on alliance, so no friends/guildies to ask for help ).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is what i did:

Dinged 110 with an ilvl of 800,
    Running all mythic dugeons on normal mode. I only invited high ilved leather people to help me out.
    they were nagging a bit but we cleared easy mode. After a morning doing all of those mythic dugeons
    i ended up with aprox 870ilvl.

The same day i made several raid groups:

Emerald Nightmare normal -> Named -> EM Norm leg / AP rush! 890+
    Also i invited mostly leather users and asked them nicely in wisper that i am new to the alliance side and would like to gear this toon asap. IF they got loot and dont need it that i could use it.

This what i did the same day with emerald nightmare heroic and nighthold normal.

So in one day i ended up with 898 ilvl including a legendary xD.

so your advice to people is :"gearing up is super easy if you dont mind cheating people into carrying you"

well duh ofc its easy then.

thats nothing new - its same "easy" as being carried by guildies

The easiest way to 890 without getting carried too much is to follow the MFing champion guide on reddit, I did it for both alts and got them from fresh 110 to 885-890 in 2 or so weeks.

The gearing in the game is very casual and easy, which means a lot more people have a lot more gear, which means as a new player as DPS you will struggle for groups not because you cant handle the dungeon, but because the average item level of all players has gone up dramatically.

(random numbers follow) In vanilla, if the high end raider had 100 ilevel, the average player ilevel(so the one that runs entry raids/ubrs/etc) was 20. Nowadays, if the high end raider had an ilevel 100, the average player ilevel is around 90-95 due to easy access to content/WF-TF/leggos.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    yes we get it that you all want smooth 10 minutes clears - but by doin this you are toxic to community and community responds in ignoring such ineffective tool .
    You're the one being toxic if you want to play this game half-assed and expect people who are far ahead of you to carry your sorry ass because you have your real-life commitment of flipping burgers for 10 hours every day and want others to adjust to your needs. There are shittons of groups for 880-ilvl people to try out NH, I have even gotten into some as 870 DPS. The groups were pretty bad but what do you expect? Oh yeah, you don't want those shit groups, you want to be in the groups where everyone else except you is 900+.
    Last edited by Mlz; 2017-05-22 at 08:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    He is completely right, when you have a sea of damage dealers queuing, I see no reason to take anything like that. Charity?
    Indeed, every time we need a dps or two and form a group to find one, we're flooded with dozens of dps ranging all the way up to 915, with most being around 905 ish. Can't be easy trying to pug as a dps when you're so easily replaced.

Personally I tend to invite people below 910 however, because in my experience most people at 910+ are far more likely to be elitist douche bags who will leave if anything goes wrong and or start flaming people. If any of you reading this are like this, please stop, 910+ doesn't make you special and doesn't excuse you being an asshole. I'm 912 myself and don't even raid Mythic.