Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Immigrants: A European's postmodern obsession.
    What amaze me is that they are apparently persuaded than Europeans coming to the United States during the major migration waves (say, 1820-1914) that were not from British Isles spoke English (ah ah) and/or bothered to learn it first generation (LOL).

10+ Year Old Account
    No point to learn Swedish, it will be a dead language in a few generations.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    I'm not ''for'' or ''against'' : I'm saying that English is way more attractive that Swedish. Period.
    Okay? If they want to speak english then they can go somewhere where people speak english in their daily life and business. Like USA, Canada, UK, Australia or where I live, singapore.

I'm not ''for'' or ''against'' : I'm saying that English is way more attractive that Swedish. Period.
    Based on what? English isn't that attractive sounding of a language.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Based on what? English isn't that attractive sounding of a language.
    Attractive in the sense of ''langage bothering to learn when you are young ''. Because, again, French is the second or third most spoken langage in the world, and it struggles immensely to attract new speakers. I hate to say that, but finding someone from the entire world outside Scandinavia speaking the languages is going to be pretty hard.

Attractive in the sense of ''langage bothering to learn when you are young ''. Because, again, French is the second or third most spoken langage in the world, and it struggles immensely to attract new speakers. I hate to say that, but finding someone from the entire world outside Scandinavia speaking the languages is going to be pretty hard.
    Ahh yeah I would agree in regards to applicability of English across regions. French was a pain in the ass to learn, I took four years of French and it's such a rapid language, with words blurred together. Parisian french is a nightmare...made me realize how slow English speakers are in comparison.

I'm sure other languages are more difficult to learn than French. I probably just suck at languages.

Most adults struggle immensely at learning a new language beyond the very basic level.

In Québec, studies were made and the conclusion was repeatedly that most migrants did not felt they needed French beyond the very basic level-crude English was fine enough to find some menial job. There lacked the time and motivation to attend the adult education French classes, as this is a almost a full time job to learn a new langague (anecdotical evidence by edgelords aside)

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Demand that they learn the language within a specific time and if they won't then you deport them.
    I completely agree,if you plan to live in another country you should speak the language.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    SD has one policy that gets voters and that is the immigration policy. What will they do with everything else once they get into power? You cannot govern based on only one policy.
    Given the economical forecasts regarding our immigration, whatever their other policies, it would still be better.

Deleted
    Well that certainly makes me happy that we have been quite harsh in regards to teaching immigrants our language. Heavily defunded welfare if you don't attend classes and show improvement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    I have no desire to see Sweden destroyed. The swedes are our brothers. I want to save them from their lunatic politicians misleading them, I want to save people from the propaganda by the swedish media and politicians.
    I'm a Swede, you're not my brother. Electing SD to power would be to destroy Sweden, they have their roots in nazism and that is something Sweden is not based on. I don't really care if they are right wing nutjob nazis or right wing islamists, I don't want to be ruled by either one.

Oh and I'm from the same small town that Ultima Thule is from, friend works with some of them actually. I can't argue that there's anything racist about their lyrics but there's pretty much no discussion about what their motives for their music was back in the 90s.
    Last edited by mmoceb49e7900c; 2017-05-21 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Modern western civilization is extremely hard to integrate into.

How are immigrants going to learn the native language when all the natives are inside watching TV, gaming or hooked to social media? Let alone integrate...
    You don't have to interact with native speakers to learn a language. I could speak english before I went to australia to study.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    You're the one who suck at critical thinking if you think google translate is swell. I had a syrian refugee at my job, I asked him to bring me something in danish, he didn't know what it was. Said it in english, he still didn't know. Went on google translate and he put the language he speaks natively there as the target language to translate to, he still didn't know what the fuck I was talking about. Because google sucks at translating. I had to fucking google images of it.
    Did it ever occur to you that he didnt know what the item you wanted to have him get was? You do know that many times people dont know every single Word or item and what they are called in other languages. Pretty sure i there are Words you dont know what they mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Even the people who learn Swedish don't work so it makes no difference.

In any case. 1/3 radio stations in Gothenburg today are in arabic.

Enjoying the benefits of welfare. Many Swedes are racists of low expectations (who claim they want to help these people). They really believe these are slightly retarded and therefore need help, instead of putting high demands. I despise a lot of the people in my country.

They really take this thing of being a "moral power" seriously, and it's insane.
    when you are powerless you tend to look for things you can have domain over.

- - - Updated - - -

Most adults struggle immensely at learning a new language beyond the very basic level.

In Québec, studies were made and the conclusion was repeatedly that most migrants did not felt they needed French beyond the very basic level-crude English was fine enough to find some menial job. There lacked the time and motivation to attend the adult education French classes, as this is a almost a full time job to learn a new langague (anecdotical evidence by edgelords aside)

now i get it. i was wondering why you were always brash and very lowly educated when it came things of the world. but now i get it.

I don't think you can easily compare english with other random european languages.
    Other european languages are as foreign to me as english was before I started studying it.
    I also question exactly how feasible it is to expect the average immigrant to learn a new language. I know plenty of people who had french in school and uni (or english) even who still are only barely half-decent at talking it and would rather avoid it at all, and I'm not even talking about immigrants, but about college educated people...
    If they can't learn the language of a country then they shouldn't be there.

If they'd send me to Sweden I wouldn't have learned swedish even after having been there for a decade, unless I'd actually had to use swedish daily.
    I wouldn't even move there because I can't be bothered to learn another language. I'll stick to my home country or other english-speaking countries.

Sverige er et jävla skitland.
    No im not fucking swedish.

(Infracted)
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-05-21 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    Sverige er et jävla skitland.
    No im not fucking swedish.
    Sverige är ett jävla skitland, close enough though nah i still love it here even with all the problems we have atm.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    when you are powerless you tend to look for things you can have domain over.

- - - Updated - - -

now i get it. i was wondering why you were always brash and very lowly educated when it came things of the world. but now i get it.
    Ah, let me guess : not speaking English (in the sense of repeating MAGA slogan written by ten year old and calling other people cucks) natively make you ''a savage''

Nothing amuse me more than edgelords and MAGAboys who keep droning about ''the white r...'' the western civ...who can't even control themselves and are uable to hide they scorn for ''unaryan'' latin languages.

As for the insult, I would say that the definition of ''education'' by edgelords boils down to listening to dudes screaming on YouTube. A real book is ''for betacucks'', not like the divine gospel coming from heavenly lips of Saint Milo or Saint Vox. Who need to think when pure Aryans are told exactly what to believe by c-list youtubers ?
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2017-05-21 at 07:03 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Sigh...I don't really understand why more people don't take the time to read the article. The OP is cherry-picking one statement out of the article.

It isn't a matter of the immigrants not willing, the article clearly points to the education system needing to be adjusted to better serve the students.

Language Introduction has become one of the largest secondary school programs, with 36,000 students, but for many it is difficult to find time to learn enough to get ready to go school, and nearly a quarter of the students standing outside both study and work for a few years.

But some students get only 13 hours of instruction, and many students say they want more hours, and they also want to study more subjects.
    When you read something with an agenda in mind, it is amazing how much it gets twisted.