Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

SoO is the longest fucking raid to solo ever

Immerseus takes fucking forever. Shortly after hitting enrage timer I finally managed to kill him. Fucking insane as a retridin with very few mobility options.

But in general the raid just takes way too long. All of the RP you have to sit through, especially at the first few bosses. And Spoils of Pandaria, my. fucking. god.

Also the Paragons mechanics can still kill you if you don't know tacts which is ridiculous for a raid that's two expansions old. These guys should just die after spamming an AoE move.

Why don't they go back and chop this raid down? It's not current content anymore, nobody gives a shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Immerseus takes fucking forever. Shortly after hitting enrage timer I finally managed to kill him. Fucking insane as a retridin with very few mobility options.

But in general the raid just takes way too long. All of the RP you have to sit through, especially at the first few bosses. And Spoils of Pandaria, my. fucking. god.

Also the Paragons mechanics can still kill you if you don't know tacts which is ridiculous for a raid that's two expansions old. These guys should just die after spamming an AoE move.

Why don't they go back and chop this raid down? It's not current content anymore, nobody gives a shit.
    Think about how bad it was live.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post

Yeah Immerseus takes long and the place is really big. Norushen talks forever, cleaning Sha of Pride's room takes forever, Galakras encounter takes long. I'm so glad I only need to clear up to Norushen on my monk to get the boots, other than that I'm done with the raid.

Except that last sentence and you complaining about mechanics on Paragon, this has been the first time you actually complained about something of substance.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ok admit, you all knew this is JustRob thread before going here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Thought he was banned for some reason so wasn't the first user to come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    That raid was very well received, and (i must admit) aside from immerseus was a VERY fun raid, even though it lasted way too long.

Deleted
    Of course. Big boy sweary words in the title are a dead giveaway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    It was fine live, the fights are decent when you actually have to treat them like a raid fight.

His problem is that just clearing takes a bit long, which I totally agree with. Even playing on a hybrid that can attempt to heal some of the closer puddles on Immersus, it's still way too long.

Ida know...I mean Siege is pretty long but....Dragon Soul is Boss CUTSCENE boss CUTSCENE CUTSCENE CUTSCENE Pre Ultraxion Fight which is still HORRENDOUSLY boring CUTSCENE Still rather long and tideious Warmaster Blackhorn Fight, CUTSCENE ..the rather agonizing portion that is Spine of Deathwing CUTSCENE UNSKIPPABLE CUTSCENES then win

Siege you really only have Immersius, an unskippable cutscene before Nourshan and a little after Sha, Galakaras is a little annoying, the slight RNG Fest that is the Paragons but everything else is pretty cake

I would actually say Heart of Fear is worse simply because Amber Shaper has a VERY brutal DPS check

I've only done the first 4 bosses recently to get that Riddler's Mind-Worm.... dear God what a hell that was. Immerseus takes way to long doing it solo and Cho just couldn't stfu.

HFC is also quite long to solo and ToT.

But ya SoO has a crap ton of RP that sadly isn't skippable. But it also has moments where u can just go from boss to boss. Takes me around 45mins-1hr to fully clear.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Though it can be really annoying to have to go through all of that, it's really not designed to be soloed, and that's ok. They can't design raids like that. I'm just glad they made Galakras soloable to begin with. That's enough for me.

Deleted
    It is one I skip in my Tmog runs.... it just takes to long.. they should add a npc to the start that enables/disables all lore segments. Oh and make Immersus one shottable.

Deleted
    Do I have to know him? Is he notorious for anything? First time I notice him today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    It is one I skip in my Tmog runs.... it just takes to long lol
    It really isn't that bad. Only had to clear it fully twice. Luck will be with you eventually. You can also get some of the pieces from Celestials and Ordos with luck. And Garrosh drops essence which can be exchanged for any set piece. It was ok.

Yeah immerseus and galakras are the biggest pains.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Do I have to know him? Is he notorious for anything? First time I notice him today.
    you must be blind if you seriously noticed him just today.
    you even posted in several of his threads.

OT: i agree on immerseus, that just takes way too long.
    everything else is really easy tho.
    i dont really mind the rp, i actually quite enjoy it.
    probably because i dont visit the place that often, im more fed up on ICC's muradisn rp walk and arthas' 2 hour long speeech.
    zzzZZZZZZ

Formerly known as Arafal

This reminds me of a previous thread of someone crying about legion invasions because it inconvenienced him and wanted it changing.

Stop crying and get on with it!

Immersius and Galakras, urghh...
    P.S.
    I do wonder, if with the next expansion we will get the same damage buff as we have for raids until Cata, included. Not that it would help with Immersius

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Though it can be really annoying to have to go through all of that, it's really not designed to be soloed, and that's ok. They can't design raids like that. I'm just glad they made Galakras soloable to begin with. That's enough for me.
    The bolded isn't quite true anymore, they have tweaked the raid to be soloed.

They are also about to tweak some WOD raids as well (Gorefiend not resetting).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD