Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hezar View Post
    Had no problems whatsoever when soloed SoO on my mage. Immerseus got nowhere near enrage and paragons are piss easy if you bother to figure out or lookup the kill order.
    Sadly the difference between a melee and a ranged on Immerseus is night and day. You're kinda fucked if you're a low mobility melee and it can easily take forever to complete.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Do I have to know him? Is he notorious for anything? First time I notice him today.

- - - Updated - - -

It really isn't that bad. Only had to clear it fully twice. Luck will be with you eventually. You can also get some of the pieces from Celestials and Ordos with luck. And Garrosh drops essence which can be exchanged for any set piece. It was ok.
    Twice? I have to run everything 20 times and still don't have all. Then again, I am not happy with just collecting the unique looks, I also collect every item that I have not learned yet, even if it is a exact same look as another item (completionist mode).

Previous raids should not be soloable... This is just retarded design.

Deleted
    I loved SoO.

Immerseus does take awhile, galaarkas isn't too bad, you can knock her down with only one tower open. Overall, tot, soo and a lot of the 10 boss + raids are fairly long to solo if you consider how much time you spend traveling. I am a druid, so I can traverse a lot of ground very quickly + stealth trash (even if trash is one shot-able). I can't imagine being immobile classes traveling...

They will tweak some fights in WOD raids such as blast furnace in BRF and gorefiend in HFC so the whole instance is soloable. The way I see it, if they send ppl back to old content and it takes a moderate amount of time for you to clear it solo, they have achieved what they wanted. People going back to clear old content and spending the time to do it.
    [When referring to the raids, I am mentioning mythic raids]

All I can say is that I am glad I collected all transmog when it was current so I don't have to go back there now (even that fights were pretty damn good when it was live)
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Immerseus takes fucking forever. Shortly after hitting enrage timer I finally managed to kill him. Fucking insane as a retridin with very few mobility options.

But in general the raid just takes way too long. All of the RP you have to sit through, especially at the first few bosses. And Spoils of Pandaria, my. fucking. god.

Also the Paragons mechanics can still kill you if you don't know tacts which is ridiculous for a raid that's two expansions old. These guys should just die after spamming an AoE move.

Why don't they go back and chop this raid down? It's not current content anymore, nobody gives a shit.
    If u got to enrage on immersius ur doing it wrong and as ret u even got heals for blue blobs

also, ur farming it for general tmog, tusks or mount? If only tusk u can just extend save on an alt.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Ever? No, no, not ever... Clearly you never tried to solo raids back during WotLK/Cata, when running old content didn't give you a massive damage boost (fights took a long time), all mechanics actually mattered, and screwing up even a little could actually result in your death.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Yeah, would be nice if they did another pass to make these raids more manageable. Mount Hyjal is also high up my list of retarded raids to solo. Trash on boss 3 and 4 is such a nuisance. Bats fly in way too high, ice dragon can take forever to come down, abyssals drop all over the place and if you're unlucky you even end up with a gargoyle constantly evading.

Guess you never farmed Battle for Mount Hyjal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Think about how bad it was live.
    SoO is considered one of the better raids, not sure what you are trying to say here.
    The fight was pretty fun on max level back then. Now it's long boring waitfest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Use the bear tartare food. Really cheap off the AH and makes the run go much faster especially immerseus

To this day I can't understand why unskippable cutscenes are still so prevalent in WoW -- in content that is intended to be repeated many times over no less. They've dialled back some of the most egregious examples over the years, but there are still so many instances of it occurring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    SoO is considered one of the better raids, not sure what you are trying to say here.
    better raids considered by whom? i'm pretty sure most people disliked it with a passion, whether it was because it was out for SOO long, or simply due to the fact it was recycled content...
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    better raids considered by whom? i'm pretty sure most people disliked it with a passion, whether it was because it was out for SOO long, or simply due to the fact it was recycled content...
    It was enjoyed overall but got tiring after being in Mist for so long.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'd love to be able to skip bosses for sure.

I got most transmog I needed when it was current content, I just want to farm Garry for tusks and nostalgia.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Immerseus takes fucking forever. Shortly after hitting enrage timer I finally managed to kill him. Fucking insane as a retridin with very few mobility options.

But in general the raid just takes way too long. All of the RP you have to sit through, especially at the first few bosses. And Spoils of Pandaria, my. fucking. god.

Also the Paragons mechanics can still kill you if you don't know tacts which is ridiculous for a raid that's two expansions old. These guys should just die after spamming an AoE move.

Why don't they go back and chop this raid down? It's not current content anymore, nobody gives a shit.
    try that food that speeds you up
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Immerseus is terrible, even with bear tartare. Without it, it'd probably straight up take 15 minutes.

I didn't mind Galakras, but Spoils just... I don't have the will do to it every week. Reminds me of Spine of Deathwing in that it's not hard, it's just SO ANNOYING!

I would gladly run SoO any day over the tedious travesty that is Dragon Soul.

Dragon Soul has one long unskippable RP (before Ultraxion) and one super annoying boss (Spine, obviously).

SoO has several annoying unskippable RPs and two super annoying bosses (Immerseus and Spoils).

IMO, of course. I do find the trash before Ultraxion and Blackhorn pretty annoying too but nothing remotely close to the level of Spine, Immerseus, or Spoils. I got all the DS mounts and the rogue legendary so I'm never going back there!
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2017-05-21 at 10:02 PM.