Budget Gaming Monitor

Hey MMO-champion I have a challenge for ya!

So recently I bought a pretty sweet gaming computer:
    I7-7700k Processor OC: 4.4GHZ
    NVIDIA Gtx 1080TI
    32gb Ram
    Led Lights
    All the fun stuff

Then I came to the conclusion that I don't think my equipment is being utilized, why; because I'm running it on a monitor that's uses VGA... I did buy a HDMI -> VGA converter but I still feel like I'm limiting my hardware.

So my problem:

I'm running a 10 year old 22 inch VGA monitor on a pretty high end computer build. Further problem, my wife gave me a limit of $1600 when I built the computer and I'm at $1475.

What I'm asking:
    Are there any monitors that are decent for gaming at about a $200 price range? Trust me, I know the bullshit coming out of my mouth, but I know you amazing people pull some incredible shit out of your asses. I would prefer a 24" monitor, I'm looking for one also at 144hz at a 1-2ms response time. I mainly play WoW and Overwatch (explains the response time). I know anything short of a sale makes this impossible, but I thought I'd ask.

Also, I did find this, but my local Best Buy will not honor it: https://slickdeals.net/f/10140364-as...eSearchV2Algo1 This is literally exactly what I'm looking for.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I am not sure if you need 32gb of ram, instead get 16gb and get a more expensive monitor.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait and save for a decent 1440p/ 144hz monitor rather than wasting it on a terrible monitor now?

There's not much hope of getting any decent monitor (especially with your requirements for

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Wait and save for a decent 1440p/ 144hz monitor rather than wasting it on a terrible monitor now?

There's not much hope of getting any decent monitor (especially with your requirements for
    Any suggestions for one?

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    You are running a 1080 ti card and you want to go the 1080p way??????? Did you even know any thing about the hardware, before you bought it?

You have a 4K gfx card in your rig, so you are wasting ALL your money if you go the 1080p way. It's lake buying a bugatti veyron and only doing 50 KM/t in it.

You atleast want a 1440p/144Hz screen with that setup. So save up some more maney and get a prober screen for that setup
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Ya i just realized you have a 1080 ti.

You are spending money in the wrong spot sir. Sell or return the 1080ti for a 1070 and get a good 1440p 144hz monitor.
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2017-05-21 at 08:41 PM.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Use your TV as your monitor instead of a separate one.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    You are running a 1080 ti card and you want to go the 1080p way??????? Did you even know any thing about the hardware, before you bought it?

You have a 4K gfx card in your rig, so you are wasting ALL your money if you go the 1080p way. It's lake buying a bugatti veyron and only doing 50 KM/t in it.

You atleast want a 1440p/144Hz screen with that setup. So save up some more maney and get a prober screen for that setup

To answer your question, no I had no idea what I was buying. I asked a buddy of mine to build me one. Any suggestions at a monitor?

Quote Originally Posted by Emaias View Post
    To answer your question, no I had no idea what I was buying. I asked a buddy of mine to build me one. Any suggestions at a monitor?
    Buy this:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-24-...7W713RwmqTnjkw

If you cant afford it, make it so you CAN afford it. IE drop down to a gtx 1080 or 1070, monitor is the most important part of a gaming PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Buy this:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-24-...7W713RwmqTnjkw

If you cant afford it, make it so you CAN afford it. IE drop down to a gtx 1080 or 1070, monitor is the most important part of a gaming PC.

Thank you sir

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaias View Post
    Get the screen Fascinate linked
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL: