Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up Ghostcrawler - "I’m a big fan of exclusive, prestige rewards for the best players."

In the latest post by Ghostcrawler, he says that he is a big fan exclusive, prestige rewards for the best players.

He also mentions that there should be content for all types of players, however he is in favor of time-limited and rewards that people aspire to, but are never able to obtain.

I think the reason he feels this way is because having aspirations in the game make players better. It also gives players goals to go try to achieve.

Back in TBC, I aspired to be a raider and clear BT and Sunwell because of the fact that it was prestigious. It was cool because I liked that other players saw my gear and wanted to become like me and try to obtain the gear that I had. It felt good because the gear was unique and if a player had T6 gear, it meant they were good players.

Now that gear is so diluted, especially since the same look is obtainable in different difficulties, just with different color variations, it loses some of its umph and prestige. Blizzard is known for being wishy washy on their stance, but one stance that I really wish they would go back to is the WoD model of gear, where the tier gear looked different from the tourist gear.

Do you agree with Ghostcrawler?

Deleted
    Could we please stop listening to what he has to say? Why should his opinion be more important than that of any other ex-Blizzard employee? He likes something. Ok. Different people like different things. So sick of seeing his stuff on the frontpage, as if it has any relevance.

Yes there needs to be exclusive stuff and said things need to be removed when people might outgear it to faceroll it. Just because you paid for the game doesn't mean things should be handed to you. Letting people get the same things others worked hard for is basically a slap in the face and AotC is not a reward unless it comes paired with something like Garrosh and Archimonde did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Yes there needs to be exclusive stuff and said things need to be removed when people might outgear it to faceroll it. Just because you paid for the game doesn't mean things should be handed to you. Letting people get the same things others worked hard for is basically a slap in the face and AotC is not a reward unless it comes paired with something like Garrosh and Archimonde did.
    Bullshit. If you get a raid set, you get the stats with it. People who get lower itemlevel items that use the same appearance don't get the same high stats. So good players are still rewarded. Good players have always had better rewards. Giving casual players only shitty looking sets is a terrible idea. Way to make us feel indifferent to new sets when we won't get them anyway. It's a big fuck you to player's faces. "Fuck off and transmog something old you scrub"

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Strongly disagree. I worked my butt off to clear ICC and get the Kingslayer title back during WotLK. Do I care if other players faceroll it with their lvl 110 toons and get the same title? Not at all. Its special to me and thats what counts. Removing content (i.e mounts, titles, bosses, dungeons, raids, weapons, gear, pets) is retarded and I'm so glad Ghostcrawler is no longer with Blizzard. People like to shit on Celestion and Ion but I'd rather live with them at the helm then Greg Street or Jeff Kaplan and his bullshit hybrid tax.

Of course he likes when WoW does it, he works on LoL now, the more that MMOs do that kind of thing, the more people get annoyed having to keep up with it. Many end up playing MOBAs instead. Convenient.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

I don't personally like it (because I have inferiority issues sometimes), but it's entirely fair.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Of course he likes when WoW does it, he works on LoL now, the more that MMOs do that kind of thing, the more people get annoyed having to keep up with it. Many end up playing MOBAs instead. Convenient.
    I love your sig.

15+ Year Old Account
    we need more exclusive stuff, as a pve`er im totally fine with pvpers getting some badass armored flying mounts
    I do wish that we would get more curve rewards like garrosh that gave a mount (it was also nice gold to boost for it lul)

Hoping they would go back to wod "armor raid sets", mythic/elite pvp gear looking badass, and rest looking like questing gear,
    wanna look cool, guess u have to work for it
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I agree with exclusive rewards based on skill.
    I disagree with limited time rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Do you agree with Ghostcrawler?
    I do. But I wish this board would stop posting his stuff, as of now he's just some individual who hasn't even played WoW for years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Could we please stop listening to what he has to say? Why should his opinion be more important than that of any other ex-Blizzard employee? He likes something. Ok. Different people like different things. So sick of seeing his stuff on the frontpage, as if it has any relevance.
    Even if I often disagree with Ghostcrawler, I value the kind of thought-out and detailed opinions he gives over the bashing these forums are filled with any day.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

I personally don't have an issue with exclusive rewards for things like world firsts, beating things at a certain difficulty, etc., especially if they are merely cosmetic, but I do think people need to be careful when it comes that line of thinking. The more exclusive you make stuff, the more likely that more casual players may decide that something is not even worth trying for, shrug, and find something else to do instead, which may include playing a whole other, less exclusive game entirely.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

I disagree with time gated challenges because being punished for not playing the current expansion is stupid to me.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Deleted
    What is a best player?

Raids are group based.
    Alot of content is gear ilvl based.
    Other stuff grind and time invest based.
    And sometimes it is luck based to beat RNG.

So what makes some1 a better player then somebody else? Because we dont have alot of content in the game that makes a even playground.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutarch78 View Post
    Strongly disagree. I worked my butt off to clear ICC and get the Kingslayer title back during WotLK. Do I care if other players faceroll it with their lvl 110 toons and get the same title? Not at all. Its special to me and thats what counts. Removing content (i.e mounts, titles, bosses, dungeons, raids, weapons, gear, pets) is retarded and I'm so glad Ghostcrawler is no longer with Blizzard. People like to shit on Celestion and Ion but I'd rather live with them at the helm then Greg Street or Jeff Kaplan and his bullshit hybrid tax.
    Word.

That hybrid tax... damn, I hated it.

That and refusing to separate PvE and PvP so that PvP balancing meant some specs would just have to suck ass in PvE (*cough* Ele Shaman *cough*)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzael View Post
    I agree with exclusive rewards based on skill.
    I disagree with limited time rewards.
    Agreed, the exceptions being things like the AQ event or pre-expansion events, which I'm fine with them being "You had to be there" moments since that's how they're designed. Even then, I'm only okay with the rewards being cosmetic in nature, not anything that grants an advantage.

I'm going to have to agree though, I miss the old days when you actually had to play the game to see and get everything. We're bogged down these days with way too many catch up mechanics and way too many difficulties all rewarding the same stuff. I'm all for a person who puts the time and effort into getting the highest raid tiers gear having something I don't because I chose to not put in the time or effort and instead subbed once or twice a year, hopped in LFR and "Did it all so I deserve it all too!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    How is this any different than having a discussion based on my opinion or yours?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    I personally don't have an issue with exclusive rewards for things like world firsts, beating things at a certain difficulty, etc., especially if they are merely cosmetic, but I do think people need to be careful when it comes that line of thinking. The more exclusive you make stuff, the more likely that more casual players may decide that something is not even worth trying for, shrug, and find something else to do instead, which may include playing a whole other, less exclusive game entirely.
    I partially agree, but not when people claim that not having access to the Tier Sets equals not having access to the "content".
    That not having an easy version of raids is the same as not having access to the "content".
    Right now, if LFR didn't exist, with how easy making a pug is, you'd get into a normal raid in no time.

I think the concept of "casual player" is grossly exagerated in forums.
    The most casual of players doesn't necessarily want everything handed to him.
    There are simply ways to design grinding that are bad, and the more hardcore players mistake it for challenge (for a while) until finally also realizing how bad it is.
    The same way a casual player may mistake handouts as "nice" until they get bored with the game for not having a goal.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2017-05-21 at 11:51 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutarch78 View Post
    Congratulations, you're a well adjusted adult who is happy with his own achievements.

Compared to the people who fly off the handle to scream about LFR and how its somehow taking away from their own achievement, when by every objective matter its not.