Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Resident Evil Movie Series Reboot Confirmed

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/re...GSS-05-10aac1b

While the most recent Resident Evil film--aptly titled The Final Chapter--marked the end of the series for longtime director and writer Paul WS Anderson, it doesn't mean we'll never see the franchise on the big screen again. It will, however, likely take a different form.

Constantin Film, the German film company that owns the rights to series, intends to reboot the movie franchise, according to Variety. Constantin chairman Martin Moszkowicz confirmed at the Cannes Film Festival that the company is at work on a reboot , although he didn't share any details. That includes who would direct or star in future movies or whether they would somehow connect to the six existing films.
    This news might come as a surprise, as the Resident Evil movies have generally been panned by critics, and this year's The Final Chapter was no different. But the movie series has earned $1.2 billion worldwide, and The Final Chapter alone grossed $312 million--the vast majority of which came from outside of the US. The lack of major success in the US is less of an issue than perhaps ever before, as foreign box-office grosses have becoming increasingly key in the movie business. A strong performance in China is likely the reason Pacific Rim is getting a sequel, for instance.

Anderson has directed four of the six live-action Resident Evil movies and written all of them. He announced well in advance of The Final Chapter's release that he intended for it to be the last movie, a sentiment that was echoed by Milla Jovovich, who has starred in all six movies. Anderson is currently at work on another film adaptation of a video game series, Monster Hunter.

Unrelated to the live-action series, several CG Resident Evil movies have been released. The next one, Vendetta, launches in June.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I vote for Jensen Ackles as Chris Redfrield and Jared Padalecki as Leon.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Now with even more psy attacks, clones and fist fights against Tyrants ?

And no made up chick thats not in the games pls
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    And no made up chick thats not in the games pls
    The movie doesn't have to fallow the game, It just has to be good.

The story of the games is not good, It was decent until after RE3. It went off the rails with RE4 (while a good game) and RE5/6 doesn't need to be talked about.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

RE4 is, imo, one of the best games ever but holy shit the story is a nightmare. And I don't even really care about Las Plagas. The rest of it is more than enough.

That being said if they just followed the games in terms of the remake, I'll go see them. I went to see every one of the first series in the theaters, it was a thing that started when I was in High School and my mom took my best friend and I to see the first one, and then my mom and I just would go and see each one when it came out. It was our terrible movie bonding time, and was great.

The actresses for Ada and Jill were fine. I really liked the 2nd movie, and thought it was actually kind of good.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Clownshoes director making movies for his talentless wife: the series. Glad it's finally over and hopefully they can wipe the slate clean with someone who actually gives a shit about this franchise. I wouldn't even care if it took place in the RE4/5/6/7 era, just get a director with half a brain (that's 50% better already) with knowledge of the franchise, can treat the material with at least some respect to form a good story and get lead actors/actresses who aren't objectively awful.

Paul W.S. Anderson gave us Event Horizon and Soldier which I am thankful for whereas Milla should have stuck to characters who don't say anything more than "multipass".

The animated films might be more "by the numbers" and at times reeeally bad but they're at least something I can watch without my brain having a melt down.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2017-05-22 at 12:00 AM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The actresses for Ada and Jill were fine. I really liked the 2nd movie, and thought it was actually kind of good.
    IMO fuck the 2nd movie,Nemesis went good....fuck that movie lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I could live with the cheese one-liner / deus ex milas flying motorbike but the fist fight with nemesis destroyed the movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    They ruined the story once, why not again amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    I vote for Jensen Ackles as Chris Redfrield and Jared Padalecki as Leon.
    100% down for this though love those guys

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    They ruined the story once, why not again amirite?

100% down for this though love those guys

woot someones with me, Story wise if they followed the games and just had small changes and made it more horror and less full blown action it would rock.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Ugh. I loved the first movie. But I was very happy that the franchise it became finally came to a final chapter.

I don't know if I'm ready to embrace movies by that name ever again. I feel worse about this than that there's more Matrix on the way. And I'm pretty on the fence about that one.

resident evil 7 would make a great movie
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    It was Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a great movie series

Really wouldn't mind a movie of RE7 tho, I agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Ugh. I loved the first movie. But I was very happy that the franchise it became finally came to a final chapter.
    I have enjoyed the movie series personally (Besides the 2nd movie).

But after hearing so much about Final Chapter I lost a lot of interest, Like the other movies it ignored what happen before it. Also it was clear that it was done one a extremely love budget. At some point ill get around to watching it but I'm in no rush.

I also enjoy the game series as well despite its issues.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    This wouldn't be a bad place to start but, if I had it my way, I'd reboot the series right back to its roots when the Arklay mansion was built in 1962 and turn it in to a drama with strong elements of horror and action when needed which spans the 36 or so years until Raccoon City gets nuked. Written and directed by Danny Boyle. Trilogy.

John Goodman as Chief Irons.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Well I'm obviously not talking about the Alice parts.

The city was great. The locations were great. The school, graveyard, ect. Jill was nice. Nemesis was well designed. The dogs, the lickers, the zombies looked cool. I liked all the ancillary characters. Umbrella was portrayed probably the closest to how they actually acted in the game series (Just more in the open rather than behind the scenes).

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Well I'm obviously not talking about the Alice parts.

The city was great. The locations were great. The school, graveyard, ect. Jill was nice. Nemesis was well designed. The dogs, the lickers, the zombies looked cool. I liked all the ancillary characters. Umbrella was portrayed probably the closest to how they actually acted in the game series (Just more in the open rather than behind the scenes).
    I can agree with that

Honestly, everyone should just stop making movies based on video games. Very few of them are any good and even less of them when you factor in marketing/advertising costs make any money. So what's the damn point?
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Deleted
    Meh... Milla getting rebooted already. Is she that old? Am I that old? Where did the time go?

my idea,

take resident evil 7, film it like cloverfield,blair witch ect. go the pt route and dont even say its resident evil, do some viral marketing, then announce it as the reboot.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552