74. This poll is closed
  • Yes..The ROCK Rocks

48 64.86%
  • No the Rock is a Cock

26 35.14%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Reagan was also a celebrity.
    Reagan also had a political career before he was president, though.

So that doesn't meet the level of "no political experience needed?"

Adding Tom Hanks as VP does make the premise interesting...

10+ Year Old Account
    If we want to get rid of "insider politics" or "the establishment" we're going to need to start looking at options outside what is presented to us by the Red Team and the Blue Team. Provided he can demonstrate the necessary self-awareness and restraint required to be the President, great. Noone should be disqualified (in a social sense) from being able to run or denied on their face due to their past employment, be they a janitor, senator or movie star. A smart President leads and lets the people who have trained their whole lives to make decisions regarding agriculture, education, or warfare inform him and make a decision based on the knowledge of the more well-learned. We can't expect a President to be highly learned in everything, that's why the Cabinet exists. That's why Congress exists, so that people with specific knowledge can aid the President in making a good decision.

If Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson would like to try to run for president, let him. It's a free country last I checked. As an ex-Californian, Arnold did a pretty good job, I'd trade Jerry Brown or one of Brown's sycophants for Arnold again any day of the week.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just because you are relatable with someone, does not qualify to be the president.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    I wonder if Trump has started the era of the celebrity president. I mean, sure, Ronald Reagan was an "actor", but he was kinda crap at it, and nobody really knew him as such worldwide. Trump is definitely a well-known reality show celebrity, so I wonder if famous people aren't now thing "hey, if that a-hole can do it, what's stopping me?"

WCW/World Championship (2 times)
    WWF/WWE Championship1 (8 times)
    WWF Intercontinental Championship (2 times)
    WWF Tag Team Championship (5 times)

thats enough credentials for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    How about someone who is qualified? Jesus, what is with people thinking someone with zero political experience should be president, I mean look what is happening with Trump.
    This is an honest fact finding question? What is enough/the correct credentials? Is it being a state or us senator? A governor? City council? Do you need polisci and how many years?

Sure, wynaut?

can we not? I'm sure it would be both hilarious and awesome to have him be president, but after Trump I'd prefer someone who knows how the government works to be in there. you know, someone who has an agenda and knows how to execute it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    This is an honest fact finding question? What is enough/the correct credentials? Is it being a state or us senator? A governor? City council? Do you need polisci and how many years?
    Or a representative. Or someone who has served in some important position, like Sec of State or Sec of Defense. The point is that you don't want someone who has little clue how things work getting into the office.

People elected Trump because they wanted an outsider, and they did it on purpose. And well... they got what they voted for. Party infighting, general paralysis and virtually no accomplishments over 100 days in. What the hell do people actually expect to happen when they vote for someone who has no political or governing experience?

It's hard to define just what constitutes 'being qualified' or 'having the correct credentials.' But as with many things in life which have fuzzy boundaries, it's typically clear where a specific example falls on the spectrum. And 'celebrity with no governing experience' clearly falls on the 'unqualified' part of the spectrum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Mark Zuckerberg is making motions like he is thinking of running too. He is the CEO of Facebook.

Trump was never a politician or lawyer. People have always said, "the problem with the government is we have too many politicians and lawyer in charge, we should elect a business man" so we've done that. Trump makes a lot of mistakes a politician or lawyer would never make, politicians and lawyers are trained in what not to say. I find it refreshing in way, it's an interesting experiment.

I'd give both Zuckerberg and The Rock a chance. At least let them campaign and see if they survive that pressure cooker.
    Zuckerfucker would be a complete disaster. This cunt is on the same level as Trump.

Not sure what qualifies him tbh, altho he'd be a better choice than both Trump and Hillary, go figure.

If he was running against Hillary I would.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    No more electing celebrities ffs. It never ends well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    1. Celebrities shouldn't be President.
    Was Reagan really that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Was Reagan really that bad?
    Yes, he was.