Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Is he giving the $800 to defense spending? I don't think we need to increase our defense budget at the moment.
    I dont think $800 will make much difference to the US defence budget

10+ Year Old Account
    This might be the most retarded thing Trump has ever done and that's saying ALOT. My avatar is the perfect reaction to him doing this.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Had the most fun conversation with my Trump voting grandma the other night over this. Her husband spent seven years in a nursing home with Alzheimer's on Illinois medicaid despite a lifetime of work and productivity. Her frail sister is in the same boat. Medicaid covers a LOT of nursing home expenses.

Her response was "We need to stop talking about this."

*shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    This might be the most retarded thing Trump has ever done and that's saying ALOT. My avatar is the perfect reaction to him doing this.
    Don't worry, he's headed to Israel shortly. Who wants to take bets on the faux pas he's going to make over who owns what. Like going to Temple Mount and declaring it eternally part of Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Is he giving the $800 (mil) to defense spending? I don't think we need to increase our defense budget at the moment.
    Prolly won't even be enough to cover his vacation expenses by the time he's impeached.

Trump isn't proposing anything that isn't already DOA.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Dear everyone who voted for me, fuck YOU, personally!

Yours truly,

❤❤❤
    Donald "Make America Great Again" Trump"

Even a smart evil politician would let the whole Trumpcare thing die down amid the other bad press he is dealing with.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2017-05-22 at 12:12 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    "Dear everyone who voted for me, fuck YOU, personally!

Yours truly,

❤❤❤
    Donald "Make America Great Again" Trump"

Even a smart evil politician would let the whole Trumpcare thing die down amid the other bad press he is dealing with.
    Trumps smart just ask him he will tell you he has a very good brain and he's said lots of things.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Sounds good to me. Hes finally doing stuff I wanted him to when voting for him. For literally the first time. I think alot of classic conservatives are happy right now.

- - - Updated - - -

As a voter, I will be.
    If he continues doing stuff like this ill most likely vote for him again even though I thought I wasnt going to.
    Cutting entitlements is unpopular as hell among voters on both sides of the aisle and literally kills people, especially in the red states that rely on federal funds to keep their safety nets afloat. You would literally see a ton of people in red states outright die.

It's political suicide for any politician to touch it which is why they really haven't tried. Trump is ignorant on how politics actually works and how to play and work in the system so he thinks it's genius.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Are you aware that low income people skewed Hillary?
    Probably because Republicans don't give 1 shit about poor people? Even though a great deal of poor people vote for them? Look at the Southern states that have the lowest median income in the US, they still primarily vote Republican and they aren't getting anything from them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hombregato View Post
    Expanded Medicaid is fundamentally universal healthcare. Everyone that wants to get an insurance can get one throught it.
    NOT EVEN FUCKING CLOSE. Expanded medicaid only works for people that aren't able to afford insurance, and even then, it isn't that great.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Probably because Republicans don't give 1 shit about poor people? Even though a great deal of poor people vote for them? Look at the Southern states that have the lowest median income in the US, they still primarily vote Republican and they aren't getting anything from them.
    My point is that if 45% of the people effected are Trump voters then there is an even higher amount of effected Hillary voters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Between the healthcare bill and this it is going to create a narrative that the GOP folks up in 2018 are not going to like dealing with.

Trump's master plan to grow the economy reverse Robin Hood, he wants to take from the poor to give to the rich. In order to save money we need to cut everything aside and the wealth will trickle down well something will trickle down but it won't be wealth. Also don't worry thanks to dynamic scoring ( bogus or voodoo economics) he will show growth when there isn't any. And last but not least remember tax cuts pay for themselves

As I've said before, healthcare reform is a political lead weight. Even if you do it right.

Are you aware that low income people skewed Hillary?
    You'll no doubt recall that during the Trumpcare debate many news outlets reported that Trump voting states were disproportionately more likely to be impacted by that bill. We'll have to wait to see a similar assessment done for the medicaid rollback.

But I wouldn't get too cocky. Medicaid and healthcare in general heavily affect the elderly... which way do they vote again?

- - - Updated - - -

My point is that if 45% of the people effected are Trump voters then there is an even higher amount of effected Hillary voters.
    So you're saying that there will be massive negative press on both sides from this healthcare rollback? You're probably right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You'll no doubt recall that during the Trumpcare debate many news outlets reported that Trump voting states were disproportionately more likely to be impacted by that bill. We'll have to wait to see a similar assessment done for the medicaid rollback.
    That makes sense temporarily due to each state having different options. Is the medicaid rollback the part that is extended til 2020?

Trump budget will slash Medicaid, food stamps programs: reports

The Washington Post reports that Trump’s budget will include $800 billion in Medicaid cuts over the next 10 years, which would cause 10 million low-income people to lose health benefits.
    The White House will also give states more flexibility to impose work requirements for people taking part in various social welfare programs, according to the report.
    Trump’s budget reportedly includes a massive $193 billion cut to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, the modern version of food stamps, over the next 10 years, slashing its budget by more than 25 percent. The food stamp cuts are part of a broader $274 billion cut that’s labeled welfare reform, according to the Associated Press.

The budget also contains $1.6 billion in funding for Trump’s wall along the U.S.-Mexico border as part of a larger $2.6 billion spending hike for border security programs.

The president’s first budget promises to balance the federal budget in 10 years, using an optimistic outlook on economic growth, projecting three percent growth after passing huge tax cuts, according to the Post.

-------------------
    What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Trump budget will slash Medicaid, food stamps programs: reports

The Washington Post reports that Trump’s budget will include $800 billion in Medicaid cuts over the next 10 years, which would cause 10 million low-income people to lose health benefits.
    The White House will also give states more flexibility to impose work requirements for people taking part in various social welfare programs, according to the report.
    Trump’s budget reportedly includes a massive $193 billion cut to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, the modern version of food stamps, over the next 10 years, slashing its budget by more than 25 percent. The food stamp cuts are part of a broader $274 billion cut that’s labeled welfare reform, according to the Associated Press.

The budget also contains $1.6 billion in funding for Trump’s wall along the U.S.-Mexico border as part of a larger $2.6 billion spending hike for border security programs.

The president’s first budget promises to balance the federal budget in 10 years, using an optimistic outlook on economic growth, projecting three percent growth after passing huge tax cuts, according to the Post.

-------------------
    What a joke.
    If you're poor you may go hungry and die due to not having health insurance, but you'll sure have that great psychological safety blanket of a wall protecting you from the fictitious threat of brown people coming in and raping and killing everyone.

And really, you can't put a price on protecting people from imaginary threats. Not even if the price of the actual useless wall is $1.6B.

Because god damn America first (except when disaster aid is requested, maybe those losers should have thought about living somewhere that there aren't disasters).

The Trump Admin is starting to look more like Hoover's Admin.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If you're poor you may go hungry and die due to not having health insurance, but you'll sure have that great psychological safety blanket of a wall protecting you from the fictitious threat of brown people coming in and raping and killing everyone.

And really, you can't put a price on protecting people from imaginary threats. Not even if the price of the actual useless wall is $1.6B.

Because god damn America first (except when disaster aid is requested, maybe those losers should have thought about living somewhere that there aren't disasters).
    You must be living under a rock. There are 10+ million illegals in the USA.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is surreal. It's like Trump got upset that so many of his own Republican constituents were unhappy with Trumpcare that he decided to punish them with even harsher cuts.