Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Right but GTA 5 is pretty much a seperate game for its online component rather then an extension. Andromeda's multiplayer is the same as ME3 with a few minor changes. Could they have done something different? Sure. But it worked for ME3 and it works for ME:A. They could have added a few different game modes beyond the APEX missions and their modifiers though. Those modifiers though can change a lot about a match.
    And that's exactly why it was criticized. Just copying and pasting a game mode that "worked" reeks of lazyness. As a sequel (of sorts), you are supposed to bring new and fresh ideas to the table. Even if EA sold well enough to continue the Mass Effect series, will you be happy if they just tacked on the same Horde mode over and over again to future games, just because "it worked"?
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I didn't know 2 months sales summed up to lifetime sales.
    The game is already in bargain bin, being purged from shelves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    The game is already in bargain bin, being purged from shelves.
    That's because this wonderful thing was developed at some point, that made maintaining box copy sales unnecessary. It is... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet

- - - Updated - - -

Think I figured out Angara Avenger (just got 2nd score, very close to the top score). You shouldn't treat Avenging Strike as a means to deal damage, but, rather, as a mobility tool. AA has some decent weapon damage skill increases, and that, I think, is what she should focus on: keep shooting at the enemy, and if it goes around the corner, or is too far to effectively shoot it, or is near an ammo box you need to resupply - avenging-strike to it, then activate stealth, take a convenient defended position and keep shooting.

Due to the limited power capacity, you will have to use ammo boxes a lot. The key is to know very well where all the ammo boxes are and how to quickly get to them. They you can figure out a good movement pattern for the given map, that always keeps you supplied and, at the same time, lets you utilize the benefits of stealth, grenades and your current weapon. The gameplay is a lot of fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

That's because this wonderful thing was developed at some point, that made maintaining box copy sales unnecessary. It is... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet
    How many console gamers use digital downloads?

There really isn't any significant long tail coming up for this game. It got panned and ridiculed to all hell and now there won't even be any DLC or other development that could boost the interest down the line.

ME:A has sold vast majority of its lifetime units already, and has fallen massively short of EA's goals. It's small wonder the BW staff were just relocated and not outright fired.

That's completely irrelevant. Retailers purchase orders based on how many units EA is telling them they expect to sell and how many the retailer thinks it will sell. If they're sitting on tons of additional stock, that's not good because it means retail sales were well below expectations.

And all of this is done knowing that digital markets exist and continue to grow. Is there anything you won't blindly rationalize away? The game didn't sell well, dude. That doesn't mean we hate it or that it's a terrible game (that's personal opinion and shit), it simply means that it was not a financial success for EA or a title that necessarily resonated with consumers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    I'm glad it's happened so. The amount of LGBT characters and ugly females turned the game into farce and people are not willing to pay for it.
    They thought everyone is "my little pony" lover living in the pink diverse fairy tale and chasing rainbows like more vocal posters in this thread are. When you shove degeneracy down people's throats you will receive some serious backlash. And look now what happened, games doing exactly that are put on hiatus. I'm glad there's someone in the EA pulling the plug because there was no need for another ME game. They should have stopped after DA:Origins as well instead of producing turd that came afterwards.

If there is a ME:A sequal I wouldn't doubt the Reapers would somehow be involved, even if it means they followed the last ark all the way to Andromeda.

Quote Originally Posted by Jebachina View Post
    They thought everyone is "my little pony" lover living in the pink diverse fairy tale and chasing rainbows like more vocal posters in this thread are. When you shove degeneracy down people's throats you will receive some serious backlash. And look now what happened, games doing exactly that are put on hiatus. I'm glad there's someone in the EA pulling the plug because there was no need for another ME game. They should have stopped after DA:Origins as well instead of producing turd that came afterwards.
    Spotted here: someone that's never played a bioware game, ever, but heard this one was es jay dubu.

Bioware has always had a progressive message in it's games, brother. Whining that ME:A is the death knell because of it just showcases your ignorance and devotion to being an anti.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Bioware has always had a progressive message in it's games, brother.
    Adding an absolutely unrealistic number of perverted NPCs in every game is not a "progressive message".

Hell, they even tried to put a homosexual romance in the children's game KoTOR. At least LucasArts had more reason and prevented it.

Adding an absolutely unrealistic number of perverted NPCs in every game is not a "progressive message".

Hell, they even tried to put a homosexual romance in the children's game KoTOR. At least LucasArts had more reason and prevented it.
    KOTOR is not a "children's game", and even your beloved DA:O had gay relationships and cross-dressers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    KOTOR is not a "children's game"
    It's T 12+.

15+ Year Old Account

Do you need a safe space from all the scary people?

Having some diversity of any kind makes any game more natural and realistic. If we'd take a sample of 60000 people of earth (roughly the size of the AI) You should at least expect a decent amount of diversity of ANY kind, even (gasp) sexuality. Mass effect has always included sexuality (and it's diversity) as an optional theme. You could have completly avoided it if you wanted to.
    Last edited by bloodkin; 2017-05-22 at 10:56 PM.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

It's T 12+.
    And? That doesn't make it a children's game. It, at most, makes it a teenage game.. and shock-surprise, that's what a great deal of other games of that genre are. And shock-surprise, they also include the scary gays in other games of the same rating :O

10+ Year Old Account
    I still hold a grudge against Bioware for not featuring a proper lesbian romance in KotoR (the one with Juhani doesn't count). Bastila + femRevan would be a blast!
    So would be Visas + femExile, to think of it, so you, Obsidian, are a bad boy too.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought it was weird that as this prestigious military figure in a highly advanced and civilized society you're essentially banging the secretary or anyone else who falls into your bed. I like the diversity, but the whole focus on romancing in these games feels odd in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    I always thought it was weird that as this prestigious military figure in a highly advanced and civilized society you're essentially banging the secretary or anyone else who falls into your bed. I like the diversity, but the whole focus on romancing in these games feels odd in general.
    Its been entirely optional in most recent bioware games, though.

The last time a bioware had it come across too forcefully was in ME1, with characters wanting to get in your pants thinking you're in a relationship with them just for simply not picking the bottom right option in all their dialogues. You have dialogue choices, unless it turns out like ME1 for the most part it isn't forcing itself onto you just because it dares to be there.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Its been entirely optional in most recent bioware games, though.

The last time a bioware had it come across too forcefully was in ME1, with characters wanting to get in your pants thinking you're in a relationship with them just for simply not picking the bottom right option in all their dialogues. You have dialogue choices, unless it turns out like ME1 for the most part it isn't forcing itself onto you just because it dares to be there.
    Reyes is pretty transparent haha. But yeah, I usually don't end up romancing anyone, keep it professional And Bioware does a good job of still allowing you to connect with all of the characters that way, as well. I just don't understand the focus for some players, I guess, but to each their own - rather more playstyle options than less at the end of the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    I don't know; to me, there isn't enough romance in their games. While the variety of choices is good, every specific romance usually ends up pretty clunky, short (usually a few conversations + several romantic/sex scenes), leaving you wanting more. Mass Effect games have been pretty good in it, because with some characters you can build a romance throughout all 3 games, so there is a sense of completion - but in other games, such as Dragon Age: Origins, I definitely would like more romantic interaction with Leliana, Morrigan and Alistair.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    And that's exactly why it was criticized. Just copying and pasting a game mode that "worked" reeks of lazyness. As a sequel (of sorts), you are supposed to bring new and fresh ideas to the table. Even if EA sold well enough to continue the Mass Effect series, will you be happy if they just tacked on the same Horde mode over and over again to future games, just because "it worked"?
    You don't reinvent the wheel just to do it. Horde mode works for the simple multiplayer of the series. Besides most sequels carry over similar aspects. Your argument is like complaining that GTA 5 focuses on stealing cars, shooting people, and general thuggery. Or that the latest battlefield features teams shooting each other with guns again.

What exactly did you want in the Multiplayer? An MMO? Team death match? An entire game worth of development and balance in a single mode? Sure I'll be happy if they put in in future games. Because it is fun to do. Just like I'm happy when WoW has the same ranged combat each expansion. Or Starcraft has the same RTS gameplay each expansion. Or that Diablo 3 each season is the same game play. What is lazy is attacking a game for using a model that works and has worked.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You don't reinvent the wheel just to do it. Horde mode works for the simple multiplayer of the series. Besides most sequels carry over similar aspects. Your argument is like complaining that GTA 5 focuses on stealing cars, shooting people, and general thuggery. Or that the latest battlefield features teams shooting each other with guns again.

What exactly did you want in the Multiplayer? An MMO? Team death match? An entire game worth of development and balance in a single mode? Sure I'll be happy if they put in in future games. Because it is fun to do. Just like I'm happy when WoW has the same ranged combat each expansion. Or Starcraft has the same RTS gameplay each expansion. Or that Diablo 3 each season is the same game play. What is lazy is attacking a game for using a model that works and has worked.
    No need to reinvent the wheel, but how about some innovation, some thinking outside the box? Some modes other than Horde mode would be great. Is there a rule that mandates that Mass Effect multiplayer should stay "simple"?

Also your other game analogies are crap, since you're attempting to draw equivalence between entire genres that encompass a variety of gameplay, and a very specific multiplayer mode.

If you worry about time constraints or budget as outlined in your statement "an entire game worth of development and balance in a single mode", they can cut out all the boring MMO quests from the Campaign and put some actual effort into making a more compelling multiplayer instead of copying and pasting.

Cutting out the boring open world and the repetitive quests would also help tremendously with the story's pacing. At least one game media agrees with me: Dear BioWare: Stop making open-world games
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals