Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What is the point of leveling your order hall followers?

Hi all,

I have 8 110s and unlocked 2nd legendary slot for all of them. Oder hall upgrades are completed on my main.

Is there a point of leveling your followers and upgrading them?

I am asking because I want to save order resources for the class-specific battlenet pets (Monk tiger cub, DK dragon whelps).

Upgrading your followers yields to missions that reward AP and easier chance to get close to 200% with them being able to acquire gear to increase success on missions.

More and better rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    Hi all,

I have 8 110s and unlocked 2nd legendary slot for all of them. Oder hall upgrades are completed on my main.

I am asking because I want to save order resources for the class-specific battlenet pets (Monk tiger cub, DK dragon whelps).
    The higher ilvl your followers, the better quality of the missions you can do. For example instead of basic 1.2mil AP ones, you'll get 4-5mil ones consistently. There's also ones that give 1.5k gold as well if you get the bonus. Then they have raid missions and such just like WoD did. And when the right Isle buff is up, they offer elite missions for even higher rewards.

However one bit of advice, if you do upgrade them, try to do at least 3 at a time; once one is leveled, the level of the missions all increase, so if you only boost one to say 850, then you'll rarely complete any since your other followers are underleveled. Same for the 880-900 range.

tldr; do it, you can always farm more resources or exchange blood for some if you want pets and stuff. Unless you don't care about any of that, in which case feel free to save for pets instead.

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    The higher ilvl your followers, the better quality of the missions you can do. For example instead of basic 1.2mil AP ones, you'll get 4-5mil ones consistently. There's also ones that give 1.5k gold as well if you get the bonus. Then they have raid missions and such just like WoD did. And when the right Isle buff is up, they offer elite missions for even higher rewards.

However one bit of advice, if you do upgrade them, try to do at least 3 at a time; once one is leveled, the level of the missions all increase, so if you only boost one to say 850, then you'll rarely complete any since your other followers are underleveled. Same for the 880-900 range.

tldr; do it, you can always farm more resources or exchange blood for some if you want pets and stuff. Unless you don't care about any of that, in which case feel free to save for pets instead.

So there is no point like you need them for something really special (mounts, pets, etc)?
    Not interested in gold or AP.

Deleted
    Leveling and gearing followers is to make them better for missions. Missions (aside for follower gear/exp) can be for:
    - Gold
    - Dungeon quest (gives random item from that dungeon)
    - Raid quest (gives random item from that raid)
    - Reputation tokens
    - Artifact Power tokens
    - Broken Shore resources
    - Blood of Sargeras

If your followers are epic/legendary with good gear you can easily get 200% on most missions. 200% is guaranteed the bonus item for that mission and a lot of the time that's what's even more interesting then the original item. For instance the raid missions give a reroll coin as bonus. Which is great for the Emerald Nightmare mission where the gear is much worse then ToV or NH.

You also need good geared followers for the Elite missions that come with the Command Center upgrade on the Broken Shore. With a full set of epic+ followers you can get them all three (massive AP, 7500 Nethershards and 500 resources) every time.

Oh and last but not least, getting follower equipment also means occasionally getting the bonus Order Hall resources equipment for a combat follower. My main has a combat follower with 2 legendary bonus resource items and the epic one for a whopping +300 for every world quest I complete. +400 with the Order Hall tech tree bonus, though not every class has that option. That adds up *really* fast.

So there is no point like you need them for something really special (mounts, pets, etc)?
    Kinda need them for the fox mount, but no, at this time there's not much need.

Mostly mine are a gold farm. Despite not buying WoW tokens in bulk I manage to earn the 100k gold each month from just follower missions and world quests over my 5 110s.

For you - as a power reward - your best thing will be the raid quests and the free bonus coin. So that's pretty much a free piece of loot from that raid at your current difficulty level plus a bonus roll coin for 1,000 resources. That's pretty cheap.

Deleted
    The Elite Strike missions require ilvl 900 and start with a -100% penalty. Certainly the 1 that gives AP can be lucrative. Mine currently rewards 33M or 37M AP. Imagine if that double procs?

They are a very quick and easy way to grind extra rep for the faction mounts/pets, since you don't care about character strength progression.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    It's basically for free AP - nothing else. If you feel like AP maxing your alts, then you need to level followers, if not... well, no point in that case

Also: Missions with 2k gold are only available at at least ilvl 850 if I remember correctly

Edit: nevermind

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think most important one is mission for 500 Legionfall resources - basically 5 shots for legendary every ~10 days.

When you level your followers and upgrade them you get more rewards I think. I THINK. I haven't played in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I think most important one is mission for 500 Legionfall resources - basically 5 shots for legendary every ~10 days.
    That.

And if you do it right (meaning using ~2 mission time reduction items and starting the resources mission AFAP once the command center is up) you can also do it twice each time the command center is up. And on top of that you can get from normal missions during 10ish days easily 500 additional Legionfall resources.

So basically, even if you do not care about AP & gold you can get 1500 Legionfall resources every ~10 days, which is the equivalent of 6 Broken shore dailies each day. That is quite nice if you still want some artifacts.

So IMO leveling up your followers is very much worth it. Especially if you have limited playtime. And if you don't you should drown in order resources either way.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Got a 950 + 1500 gold mission today.

Also the Elite strike missions are lucrative enough for me, I can 100% 3 of them at the same time on 4 of my characters. Even well after ToS when nethershard gear might be irrelevant, 2 out of 3 missions still yield good AP .

500 legionfall resources are very versatile as it drops gold/order resources/AP/nethershard & legendary chance at the same time x5.

My shaman is way behind, I do have mostly 900 followers now but no work orders means they are lower "geared"
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-05-22 at 11:08 AM.

More slots for equipment, which equals greater chance of mission success.
    And in the case of combat ally, greater rewards of gold, AP or Order Resources.

Plus missions have level requirements, with a follower below that contributing less to the success chance.

Look at the mission rewards, and then tell me there is NOTHING there you actually want.
    Then come back and ask that question again.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-05-22 at 11:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

7500 nethershards,
    500 Legionfall resources,
    Millions of AP

Every week, on every alt. It's worth it.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    GOLD.
    If done well, correct followers chosen, right trinkets equipped, etc, we are talking of 1.5k gold per char per day.

Deleted
    Hi all,

You get to do those lucrative missions, but I don't even bother with this shitty "minigame".

Some order hall missions give companion pets.