Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Man,, such a shame communism fell apart. They had superior milk possibly.
    Man do you imagine ? having to eat... French products !

What a shame it is !

Quote Originally Posted by Warpten View Post
    Man do you imagine ? having to eat... French products !

What a shame it is !
    Our products are better than yours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Worse products at higher prices. Yep, sure sounds like an existential danger to your local production.
    It's a process. First the German and French chains take over the distribution networks with EU subsidies, run strong commercial campaigns and dump very cheap product during "promotions".

Once the competition starts to struggle they buy them or force them to shut down. After that they start raising prices and selling worse products. It's a documented fact. Ask any new EU state.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I wouldn't be enterily sure about that, but if you say so then be it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Japanese food in the US is less genuine, and much more expensive, than in Japan. Time to go on a rant about the harm of international trade relations! Are you with me, friend Cybran?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Big chains drive smaller local stores out of business, then stock up only on German products and local producers go out of business too. It's a targeted approach to take over EU markets.
    Even if this nonsense was true, who's to blame, other than the Bulgarians who for some reason decided to buy crap at a higher price?

This narrative of the hole of poverty, corruption and unemployement Bulgaria is in, is entirely caused by ze germans, is getting old, Blaming everyone else isnt going to fix anything whatsoever, leave the EU and you'd still be piss poor.
    Last edited by Crispin; 2017-05-22 at 08:00 AM.

They cost more and have less meat and tea in them. It's scientifically proven.
    Source?
    /10char

- - - Updated - - -

Germany is subsidizing those chains to take out local production. You can't compete with that.
    Source?
    /10char

- - - Updated - - -

Bullshit. Germany does it to export poverty to the rest of Europe. And I want to remind you that government subsidies to companies are ILLEGAL under EU law. Germany is breaking EU laws.

https://www.thelocal.de/20120507/42395
    You're lying right there. But for the sake of fairness, I'll give you the chance to source me the EU legislation that forbids states to subsidize.

- - - Updated - - -

Flooding Eastern Europe with inferior and more expensive products from the same Brands is not "general economic development".
    Flooding a market with more expensive and inferior products is also probably the shittiest company strategy in the history of supermarkets. But don't let logic stop your hate train.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Even if this nonsense was true, who's to blame, other than the Bulgarians who for some reason decided to buy crap at a higher price?

It's all of Eastern Europe. We have the cheapest electricity because of our nuclear power plant, but Germany insists we shut it down. This is economic colonialism.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    How can former communist products be better?
    It's actually pretty simple, if the food supplier is a not for profit organisation then there's no motive to lower the quality to increase profits. Eastern block brands may not have had the choice/selection of their western counterparts but the value for money was much higher.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Source?
    /10char
    I'm pretty sure he's quoting the article linked/quoted in the first post of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Chosenone1 View Post
    Shit my uncle had a farm,for 2 years straight each day he was spilling 80% of his milk into the sewer because of EU regulations,atm bank got the farm,cows killed,debt 300k euro still there that he and family cant repay until they die.
    Gee, I wonder how that happened... To be fair, if I saw a farmer spilling 80% of the goods he produced, I'd take the farm away from him, too.

- - - Updated - - -

No, they're not. Cheese has been famous for their products long before your home state became a communist shithole. And they'll long be famous for their products long after you've finally agreed that communism is a really fucking bad idea. :P

- - - Updated - - -

It's all of Eastern Europe. We have the cheapest electricity because of our nuclear power plant, but Germany insists we shut it down. This is economic colonialism.
    Source? Because last I checked, Germany doesn't have the authority to tell another state what to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I'm pretty sure he's quoting the article linked/quoted in the first post of the thread.
    Which doesn't support his wild claims, hence me asking...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Yes it's a mystery why Germny wouldnt want you to run a nuclear power plant They must be out to get your money lol.

Also OMFG look at my energy prices, the EU and Germany are totally out to get us! it has nothing to do with local taxes whatsoever!!!1

7+ Year Old Account
    Ultimately, I bet Russia will be blamed for this.

Yes it's a mystery why Germny wouldnt want you to run a nuclear power plant They must be out to get your money lol.
    https://euobserver.com/energy/133154

In March, Germany's Hendricks demanded the closure "at the earliest possible date" of the Fessenheim power plant next to the German border in the Alsace region.

"This power plant is very old, too old to still be in operation," she said of the facility, opened in 1977.

Germany, together with Luxembourg, also raised concerns about the Cattenom power plant in the French region of Lorraine.

During a press conference with French prime minister Manuel Valls earlier this month, Luxembourg PM Xavier Bettel said a problem at Cattenom could "wipe the Duchy off the map".

He said his country would be ready to fund a project to close and replace the facility by a project "that is not nuclear in nature".

In another move similar to Aachen's decision towards Tihange, the Swiss canton of Geneva filed a complaint in March against another French nuclear plant, in Bugey.

It said the Bugey plant, close to its border, "deliberately put in danger the life of others and pollutes the waters".
    Germany tries to shut down every nuclear power plant in Europe. They want to raise prices and sell their wind turbines and solar panels at a huge profit while Europe gets poorer and energy prices rise.

Germany tries to shut down every nuclear power plant in Europe. They want to raise prices and sell their wind turbines and solar panels at a huge profit while Europe gets poorer and energy prices rise.
    Dude can you not read?

"This power plant is very old, too old to still be in operation," she said of the facility, opened in 1977

In another move similar to Aachen's decision towards Tihange, the Swiss canton of Geneva filed a complaint in March against another French nuclear plant, in Bugey.

It said the Bugey plant, close to its border, "deliberately put in danger the life of others and pollutes the waters".

Newsflash, Nuclear plants are potential bombs, noone wants another Chernobyl, you're completely obsessed with the idea of ze germans beeing out to get you, did a German ex girlfriend insult your mother mother? your obsession with germans is rather sick.

So... from the article talking about a German politician near the border asking to shut down a plant that is "too old to still be in operation" to "They want to raise prices and sell their wind turbines and solar panels at a huge profit while Europe gets poorer and energy prices rise."

Please explain that logic chain.

- - - Updated - - -

Newsflash, Nuclear plants are potential bombs, noone wants another Chernobyl, you're completely obsessed with the idea of ze germans beeing out to get you, did a German ex girlfriend insult your mother mother? your obsession with germans is rather sick.
    To be fair, envy is the purest form of admiration. I kinda dig his drivel. It gives me a fuzzy feeling everytime he wants us destroyed by a nculear strike.
    Last edited by Slant; 2017-05-22 at 08:49 AM.

Please explain that logic chain.
    http://www.tagesspiegel.de/politik/a.../13305922.html

Die geährlichsten Meiler stehen in Bulgarien

Auch die Meiler im bulgarischen Kosloduj dürften zu den gefährlichsten in Europa zählen. Vier der sechs Reaktoren mussten im Zuge des EU-Beitritts stillgelegt werden. 2013 kritisierte die Internationale Atomenergieorganisation (IAEO) nach einer Inspektion schwere Sicherheitsmängel. So gibt es keine Vorgaben für die Betriebsmannschaften, was sie im Falle eines schweren Unfalls tun sollen. 2006 klemmten im bis heute betriebenen Block 5 sogar 22 von 60 Steuerstäben, weil deren Design im Zuge von Nachrüstungen verändert worden war. Auch in diesem Fall musste die Anlage durch die Zugabe von Bor abgeschaltet werden.
    your propaganda machine is running against our cheap and safe energy plants. It's perfectly clear what German intent is.

http://www.tagesspiegel.de/politik/a.../13305922.html

your propaganda machine is running against our cheap and safe energy plants. It's perfectly clear what German intent is.
    Again that article is speaking primarily about safety issues, not profit. How do you get from "the plants are too dangerous" to "Germany wants to make a profit out of this"?

And just to translate for the English speakers... one sentence reads "In 2006, 22 of 60 control rods in block 5 jammed, because their design was changed during refurbishments." This is not a German assessment, this is an assessment by the IAEA, the International Atomic Energy Agency. Those are the guys that have a say in anything nuclear globally and they are part of the UN. So hardly German bias here.

Those control rods are the ones that you use to turn of nuclear reaction. And a third of them jammed. I don't think it's unreasonable to talk about safety issues in this context.

Just between us Cybran, I think you're a rather convenient poster. I'm not even trying here, I'm just looking at the paragraphs you quote and you still don't manage to make a case properly. I use your own quotes to dismantle your argument. You really need to step it up and at least make a case that's logically coherent in itself.
    Last edited by Slant; 2017-05-22 at 09:03 AM.

Czech supermarkets sell shit, therefore the EU must be to blame!

You crackpots never give up do you? Makes a change from the usual "Sweden is becoming a caliphate" narrative though.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Cybran, do you actually think Bulgaria had the choice of accepting Russian goods or not ?
    Are you trying to reason with Cybran, of all posters?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's definitely valid discussions to be had, in that respect. I'm just pointing out that the specifics of this argument didn't hold up to scrutiny.

If the big multinationals are driving local shops out of business, it's gonna be because they're providing stuff cheaper, which isn't necessarily a bad thing for the economy, even if there's a cost to locally-run businesses.
    There are disdainful practices at play as well. There used to be a sugar refinery at Kaba (small town on the plains) and most of the neighbouring settlements made their living growing sugar beet for them. Until an Austrian refinery showed up and offered more for the beet. They did that three years in a row until the loca refinery folded. After that, the local growers contacted the Austrians about sellign their crop and were told to kindly fuck their beet; they were only after the competition.

Admittedly it is all legal and this is how capitalism works; nevertheless, it remains a fact that most Eastern European companies never really had the capital or the expertise to compete against seasoned and well-funded Western rivals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    And flooding the market with more expensive, lower-quality goods makes no sense at all. Noone would buy them. If local products were cheaper and higher quality, everyone would buy them! That's how capitalism works: buy the best thing for the lowest price.
    Until multinational companies kill off local competitors in the rather small markets that most Eastern Europeans countries are, after which they can use the region as their dumping ground. We need more consumer awareness to counter this. There are good products to be had, but most people go for whatever is cheap (a lot of them not necessarily by choice).

As a side note, Nutella is often cited in these comparisons. SPAR's DeSpar brand hazelnut spread actually has a higher hazelnut content and is cheaper (and is just as good if not better), but as long as people only look for the brand name, they can be sold any junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    As a side note, Nutella is often cited in these comparisons. SPAR's DeSpar brand hazelnut spread actually has a higher hazelnut content and is cheaper (and is just as good if not better), but as long as people only look for the brand name, they can be sold any junk.
    I never get this argument. I want more chocolate, not more hazelnut... :P

As for killing off competition. They do that domestically here in Germany as well. It's not exactly a new practice, but some countries are only just learning what dog eat dog capitalism looks like. Of course some will die on the road, but that's to be expected and for the economy in general that is not necessarily a bad thing. Especially when you think about the global consolidation going on these years. We should cheer for any European move towards capitalism. Why? Because if it's not a German company doing that shit and keeping it all in the family, it'll be an American company doing the same shit and taking the money to the US.

Because if it's not a German company doing that shit and keeping it all in the family, it'll be an American company doing the same shit and taking the money to the US.
    We don't want Germans to profit off our back. Shutting down our local economy and energy plants for profit. If the EU is a just a tool for corporations it should be scrapped.