Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    So frost is till ahead by ~15%.

I don't understand why blizzard can't balance 3 simple specs against each other. I know Frost AOE isnt as good as fire or Arcane, but then make frost ahead by like 5-7% max instead, not fuckin 15%.

Quote Originally Posted by sinddk View Post

I don't understand why blizzard can't balance 3 simple specs against each other. I know Frost AOE isnt as good as fire or Arcane, but then make frost ahead by like 5-7% max instead, not fuckin 15%.
    Because if all specs are the same, then why even have specs? Just make a class called "dps" and make everyone do the same.

Deleted
    I think, the only thing we need to worrie about is that Blizz hated mages in Legion.
    Every single new Raid there is a NEW OP STRONK specc. Like EM and ToV fire was on top. Everybody was going for the belt and bracers stuff and farmed leggos. Now, Frost is just untopable. If you say frost is not good at AoE. youre just not able to frost aoe - fact. If you were lucky you got exodar Ring earlie in the expansion and you just needed luck one more leggo (hands or wrists for frost)
    AND NOW.. ppl complaining about frost or arcane in ToS. In my opinion, it will be freaking arcane (2 spell shit) and im just scared that I will be unlucky with legendaries and need to play a shit specc with shit legendaries with shit dps. thanks blizz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    Because if all specs are the same, then why even have specs? Just make a class called "dps" and make everyone do the same.
    Yes, better to make one spec loads better, so no one will ever play the other 2, I can see how this way is much better.

Lets not give the people the option of playing the spec you actually prefer, but lets instead pigeonhole people into 1 spec only and give people no choice at all (if you raid mythic etc).

Yes, better to make one spec loads better, so no one will ever play the other 2, I can see how this way is much better.

Lets not give the people the option of playing the spec you actually prefer, but lets instead pigeonhole people into 1 spec only and give people no choice at all (if you raid mythic etc).
    Are you in a world first guild pushing world first bosses? No? Then you can play whatever you want. We had an arcane and a fire mage on mythic guldan because thats just what they like to play. You arnt playing a level where one person doing 200k more dps is gonna kill the boss. Youy play at a level where mechanics is why you wipe to a boss.

Because they are too tied to class fantasy to do proper balancing, this is the first expansion where pve and pvp are balanced separately and...surprise!!! Classes are now more unbalanced than ever!!! (probably because they take trade chat as feedback )
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Are you in a world first guild pushing world first bosses? No? Then you can play whatever you want. We had an arcane and a fire mage on mythic guldan because thats just what they like to play. You arnt playing a level where one person doing 200k more dps is gonna kill the boss. Youy play at a level where mechanics is why you wipe to a boss.
    Yes because its only world first guilds that look for optimal dps spec. Sigh.

15% is a huge deal, since it lowers the time in which require you to dodge and play around mechanics. So doesn't really matter if you are pushing worlds first, everything is easier when you down the boss faster. Faster time to kill = less mechanics to play around.

And if every class picks a spec that is +15% dps ahead it adds up pretty damn fast. And its god damn sad to read replies like yours, why shouldn't i hold the people making the game responsible for actual fair balance? Its not like tuning numbers is fuckin rocket science.

I mean you sit there and talk about how easy it is, so why arnt you applying there and go change it? Like I said, you dont have to always play the top simming spec, since you wont be even playing at a level for it to even matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Because they are too tied to class fantasy to do proper balancing, this is the first expansion where pve and pvp are balanced separately and...surprise!!! Classes are now more unbalanced than ever!!! (probably because they take trade chat as feedback )
    yeah, blizz really botched it hard with the fire nerfs, its in the low end of mediocrity with bis leggos but if you dont you're buttom and then add an instance that barely have any fights where fire's one and only niche, and the only thing it really excells at, is usefull. worst thing was that it wasnt really needed at all bcoz fire was in no way OP and only really good in m+ but meh, its blizz, what did you expect.

Deleted
    I mean you sit there and talk about how easy it is, so why arnt you applying there and go change it? Like I said, you dont have to always play the top simming spec, since you wont be even playing at a level for it to even matter.
    Because its not my job, but if i did this shitty at my current job I would be thrown out on my ass. Im not asking for a re-work of the entire spec or something drastic, im asking for number tuning.

And not just in mage specs, in regards to all the specs in the game, there is like a 40% disparity between top spec and bottom spec, which is downright disgusting.
    Last edited by mmocc4a128a3d1; 2017-05-22 at 08:02 AM.

I say good riddance. Never liked gimmicky mechanics like this.

Deleted
    Yes because its only world first guilds that look for optimal dps spec. Sigh.

15% is a huge deal, since it lowers the time in which require you to dodge and play around mechanics. So doesn't really matter if you are pushing worlds first, everything is easier when you down the boss faster. Faster time to kill = less mechanics to play around.

And if every class picks a spec that is +15% dps ahead it adds up pretty damn fast. And its god damn sad to read replies like yours, why shouldn't i hold the people making the game responsible for actual fair balance? Its not like tuning numbers is fuckin rocket science.
    it should be understandable tho. frost is essentially a ST and cleave spec with very bad AoE, makes sense that its significantly better at ST and cleave than arcane and fire when that is all its good at, both of which are significantly better at aoe than frost, so it makes little sense to have frost closer to fire and arcane on ST when those 2 specs are literally 2-3 times better at aoeing than frost, the only problem is, atleast in nighthold, aoe hasnt really been a thing and so, fire comes off as extremely weak bcoz its ST/cleave dps is crap while arcane doesnt really excell at anything(maybe except burst) it is pretty good at everything, encounter design didnt exactly favor fire in anyway what so ever.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2017-05-22 at 08:10 AM.

Why on earth are the frost mages qqing? You guys are still ahead by about 15% compared to fire despite the changes. Us fire mages should be the ones complaining man~

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Why on earth are the frost mages qqing? You guys are still ahead by about 15% compared to fire despite the changes. Us fire mages should be the ones complaining man~
    people are dumb. They also dont understand and complain that one of their specs is the best in the game, where instead they could be a druid or shaman and have all shit dps specs

Deleted
    I am sure things will change come the next batch of changes within the next week or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerryz View Post
    I am sure things will change come the next batch of changes within the next week or 2.
    There wont be any major class balancing until after the first week of ToS

Quote Originally Posted by Gerryz View Post
    Sure like they did before 7.1.5 for fire!!
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nickseng View Post

Yeah, Arcane. Sure.
    Oh Simc damn i can't beat this Bible like source.of information :d What if i tell you that simc for Arcane is broken? Currently on live according to simc i should have 940k dps, meanwhile i am pulling 1.1kk dps.

So there are 2 options, simc is wrong or 22 ilvl are worth only 100k dps (i am 913 atm). Hm?
    Last edited by mmoc5633d002d8; 2017-05-22 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    Oh Simc damn i can't beat this Bible like source.of information :d What if i tell you that simc for Arcane is broken? Currently on live according to simc i should have 940k dps, meanwhile i am pulling 1.1kk dps.

So there are 2 options, simc is wrong or 22 ilvl are worth only 100k dps (i am 913 atm). Hm?
    Why you gonna discredit simcraft without any information on your own?

He said he pulls more dps than simcraft, so. Why would anyone go on the internet and tell lies!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.