15+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm... was not my intention to bait at all, was merely commenting on what Ramos had said and giving my opinion on La Liga using another league as example.

Why would a mod "intentionally" bait? :/ Doesn't make much sense.

Anyway that said, my apologies if my post came over as baiting as that was not the intention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Congrats real. Barcelona are on the decline! Not sure if there are two bigger scumbags than Neymar and Suarez.
    There are whispers going around that Neymar is an arrogant manchild off the field and might be leaving.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2017-05-22 at 09:18 AM.

All or almost all leagues are over now. National Cups left and the two European finals. After that it's Confederations Cup time!

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    All or almost all leagues are over now. National Cups left and the two European finals. After that it's Confederations Cup time!
    And of course the dreaded international period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Ramos said that they won "the best league in the world". I chuckled...

La Liga is a 2 horse race, 3 at best if you count Atletico. At least the PL has 6 odd teams that can potentially win the league.

Not downplaying Real Madrid's achievement, and not saying La Liga isn't a good league to watch. Just saying Ramos is a muppet xD
    Those 3 teams are also 3 teams always in with a shout for the Champions League. Meanwhile Premiere League right now is offering nothing close to that standard.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    And of course the dreaded international period.
    I like internacional games a lot, so.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Those 3 teams are also 3 teams always in with a shout for the Champions League. Meanwhile Premiere League right now is offering nothing close to that standard.
    Indeed. I'm definitely not commenting on the quality of those 3 teams! You are completely right, EPL teams right now just don't produce football of the same standard. Why that is, I do not know.

I was merely saying my opinion of Ramos' comment. I think he's a bit deluded. However once again, I want to stress I'm not downplaying La Liga teams and the quality they have.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't mind them either, however I do get a bit worried that players will get injured in them and not be fit for the start of the next season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. I'm definitely not commenting on the quality of those 3 teams! You are completely right, EPL teams right now just don't produce football of the same standard. Why that is, I do not know.

I was merely saying my opinion of Ramos' comment. I think he's a bit deluded. However once again, I want to stress I'm not downplaying La Liga teams and the quality they have.
    I dunno, our top 4 have demonstrated themselves to be on a level with Sevilla, Real Sociedad, Athletic Bilbao right now in European competition; United made fucking hard work of Celta Vigo who finished up 13th there. And the EPL has had its fair share of small clubs like Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Hull, Watford, Burnley, Swansea and Bournemouth as well who simply aren't competitive either.

I think maybe those top 3 clubs in Spain are just leading people to under-rate their mid-table sides and make it very easy to dismiss them and the quality they have over there. Maybe 5-6 years ago I'd be with you in saying Ramos was deluded in that comment, but right now, I think he's right.

- - - Updated - - -

When it's not England they're okay I guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I dunno, our top 4 have demonstrated themselves to be on a level with Sevilla, Real Sociedad, Athletic Bilbao right now in European competition; United made fucking hard work of Celta Vigo who finished up 13th there. And the EPL has had its fair share of small clubs like Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Hull, Watford, Burnley, Swansea and Bournemouth as well who simply aren't competitive either.

I think maybe those top 3 clubs in Spain are just leading people to under-rate their mid-table sides and make it very easy to dismiss them and the quality they have over there. Maybe 5-6 years ago I'd be with you in saying Ramos was deluded in that comment, but right now, I think he's right.
    Very valid points and I agree with practically everything you say. The only other factor I add in to my opinion is the "entertainment value" of having 6 teams compete for the title instead of 3. I think that's a factor not to be forgotten, even if those 6 teams from one league are not producing the same quality of football as the 3 from another league.

Edit: However if it's based of pure quality teams produce, then to be fair I'd have to retract my statement that Ramos is deluded. I don't know if you can factor in entertainment value or not frankly.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2017-05-22 at 11:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best league is subjective, if Ramos meant competitive he's deluded, if he meant entertaining he's deluded, if he meant league with the best teams he's only semi wrong.

Either way he's wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    You both make valid points and that's the problem... once I debate something with people, and get other views, it's sometimes hard to stick to my initial view.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to Wednesday! Ajax have been teasing United on twitter with some banter, I really hope it's going to be a good match.

Then the FA Cup on Saturday. And then the week after the Champions League final!

And then the void filled by transfer rumours and international games...

Ramos said that they won "the best league in the world". I chuckled...

La Liga is a 2 horse race, 3 at best if you count Atletico. At least the PL has 6 odd teams that can potentially win the league.

Not downplaying Real Madrid's achievement, and not saying La Liga isn't a good league to watch. Just saying Ramos is a muppet xD
    It can be the best league as far as teams are concerned but it's not as competitive overall due to the league having the best 2 out of 3 teams in the world there

- - - Updated - - -

Ramos .... he's deluded,
    you are correct

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    It can be the best league as far as teams are concerned but it's not as competitive overall due to the league having the best 2 out of 3 teams in the world there
    Indeed, and as Jessicka said, the top PL teams just aren't competing at that same level at the moment. It would be nice to see in the next years at least 1 or 2 of the English clubs being proper dangerous and competitive in the Champions League.

I'm still a bit stumped how United made it to the final of the Europa League to be really honest.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2017-05-22 at 03:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great to see Moyes resign, he shouldn't be allowed near any football club.

I'm still a bit stumped how United made it to the final of the Europa League to be really honest.
    Well they do have some quality players, may not being playing at quite that level but it is still a players game. And, to be honest, they haven't really played anyone along the way. I mean Celta Vigo finished in 13th place in Liga and they made the semi-finals...

Great to see Moyes resign, he shouldn't be allowed near any football club.
    Imagine having to play under him?

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    Well they do have some quality players, may not being playing at quite that level but it is still a players game. And, to be honest, they haven't really played anyone along the way. I mean Celta Vigo finished in 13th place in Liga and they made the semi-finals...
    Playing on Thursdays wrecks your league form

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm really looking forward to what Mourinho has planned for the EL final. Ajax will definitely not be a walk over.

Deleted
    I'm really looking forward to what Mourinho has planned for the EL final. Ajax will definitely not be a walk over.
    Er, it's Mourinho, it's a big game. Nab a goal and park the bus.

Would be less nervous if we had Bailly able to play. I think most likely back 4 will be: Valencia - Jones - Blind- Darmian. Which isnt too bad, just please no Smalling, the youngsters will run rings around the lanky push over. Pogba - Herrera - Fellaini Mid field. And have Lingard, Micki, Mata and Rashford up front. With maybe a late sub for Martial.