Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Imo expansions should be exclusive.

You should clear every raid and dungeon in classic before moving on to TBC for example. And every raid and dungeon in Wrath before moving on to cata etc...

Game has too many casuals, this should whittle them down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    In the latest post by Ghostcrawler, he says that he is a big fan exclusive, prestige rewards for the best players.

He also mentions that there should be content for all types of players, however he is in favor of time-limited and rewards that people aspire to, but are never able to obtain.

I think the reason he feels this way is because having aspirations in the game make players better. It also gives players goals to go try to achieve.

Back in TBC, I aspired to be a raider and clear BT and Sunwell because of the fact that it was prestigious. It was cool because I liked that other players saw my gear and wanted to become like me and try to obtain the gear that I had. It felt good because the gear was unique and if a player had T6 gear, it meant they were good players.

Now that gear is so diluted, especially since the same look is obtainable in different difficulties, just with different color variations, it loses some of its umph and prestige. Blizzard is known for being wishy washy on their stance, but one stance that I really wish they would go back to is the WoD model of gear, where the tier gear looked different from the tourist gear.

Do you agree with Ghostcrawler?
    Big surprise that you failed to miss the point completely.

He comes from a game NOW where prestige rewards come in the form of skins, player portraits, and other visual/non-gameplay rewards.

For that what he is talking about works great.

Seeing content however, is not its own reward. The type of "prestige" you are referring to in BC has quite literally NOTHING to do with skill. At that time we still had less than 5% of players completing end game content (current content when its relevant). You are 100% delusional into how other people saw you. Nobody wanted to be Jaylock... not now, not then, not ever. We all knew where the gear came from, and we all knew how to get it. But finding players that were on the same gear level and able to complete higher and higher content was a challenge. Chances are you'd find people with the desire, without the gear, and then spend weeks or months gearing them up, and by the time they were geared... you better hope they weren't a healer or tank... because they were probably poached by a better guild.

That isn't skill, those are social issues created by developers and game systems.

Since BC isn't even remotely relevant anymore lets take this idea of "prestige" and head back to a modern model. Personally I have not problem with Mythic level gear and the unique looks being only available during that specific "season" or content patch. Much like the unique looks of elite PvP gear which is only available to those who obtain it during that season. I think MOST reasonable and rational people feel this way. But just being able to get in the raid... no fuck that.

I honestly can't even believe that people like you and this mindset still exist. Worse is that you ACTUALLY believe reverting to this system is the recipe to "get the game back on track". If you think WoW is failing [quick search @Jaylock ... yup plenty of doom and gloom posts] reverting to a BC design would be the nail in the coffin.

Going back to his current game at Riot, League of Legends. There isn't any difference in the game players are playing from Wood to Diamond. They are ALL playing the same game. The difference is the skill they are playing it at, players are rewarded cosmetically for being better.

Deleted
    Oh Jaylock, how about you read the WHOLE text instead of cherry picking what YOU like?
    He also said rewards like that dont work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    lfr gear in FFXIV

http://imgur.com/eZT4ve6
    http://imgur.com/lYi9iTQ

badge gear in ffxiv

http://i.imgur.com/jOqmqQf.png

id post more but i have to go to work

there is no excuse why a company with less is doing more for it's players lol world of rehashcraft is such a shitshow
    It's funny that you mention this because I actually started playing Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn and the difference in quality is staggering. The game has its fair share of flaws but it also has far more to offer than World of Warcraft despite being a younger game and one that nearly failed upon release--which they were clever enough to incorporate into the story. It makes me curious as to why it's not more popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    In the latest post by Ghostcrawler, he says that he is a big fan exclusive, prestige rewards for the best players.

He also mentions that there should be content for all types of players, however he is in favor of time-limited and rewards that people aspire to, but are never able to obtain.

I think the reason he feels this way is because having aspirations in the game make players better. It also gives players goals to go try to achieve.

Back in TBC, I aspired to be a raider and clear BT and Sunwell because of the fact that it was prestigious. It was cool because I liked that other players saw my gear and wanted to become like me and try to obtain the gear that I had. It felt good because the gear was unique and if a player had T6 gear, it meant they were good players.

Now that gear is so diluted, especially since the same look is obtainable in different difficulties, just with different color variations, it loses some of its umph and prestige. Blizzard is known for being wishy washy on their stance, but one stance that I really wish they would go back to is the WoD model of gear, where the tier gear looked different from the tourist gear.

Do you agree with Ghostcrawler?
    I fully agree with Ghostcralwer. There was a time when players would collect logs, put in the proper effort to glean every last bit of (heal,dps,tank)ability just to get into a good guild. Now people show up at your doorstep and get offended when you won't carry them.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    I agree. That way when they lose a large amount of players because of people like you, they can finally realize how stupid it is to listen to such asinine logic.
    Feel free to disagree.

I personally don't think that catering to baddies is good game design and that rewards should be earned, not given.

Like the old "hard ass gold challenge modes" ? Where abotu 20% got them legit and the rest bought boosts ? Really hard to earn rewards and prestige like this only advocates selling boosts. For ingame and irl currencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusch View Post
    Feel free to disagree.

I personally don't think that catering to baddies is good game design and that rewards should be earned, not given.
    No, like I said, I completely agree. After all, watching this game go up in flames with people like you being responsible will be the sweetest treat I could ever hope for.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I don't believe in total exclusivity. Sure, I may have many things that are exclusive, but I have no desire in stopping, gating, or halting anyone else wanting to get them. I got them because I enjoy them and I have no issue with someone else wanting to enjoy them as well. While remaining exclusive for a time, such as several months to a year is fine by me, outleveling something then getting it later is completely fine with me, as well as something that I encourage.

It's a game with little toys to play with that we call mounts, pets, achievements, titles, whatever. Not wanting to share those toys is still as bad as children not wanting to share their toys. Sure, someone did exceptionally well at something so they get to play with it first, brag a little about having it when no one else does, but then it's the other people's turn to play with it. That is how it should be, as well as a pretty good reason why the game has lived on as well and long as it has.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Nothing should ever be removed from the game. Sure you can mess with drop rates but please let us still have the illusion of chance to get it. What really sucks are questlines that are removed. That was work already in the game... why take it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylord View Post
    ...Game has too many casuals, this should whittle them down.
    Lol, game has too many players... yeah that's a problem for the dev team to overcome.
    Last edited by Lodreh; 2017-05-22 at 01:14 PM.

No, like I said, I completely agree. After all, watching this game go up in flames with people like you being responsible will be the sweetest treat I could ever hope for.
    Blizzard didn't cater to baddies in vanilla and tbc and they had no problems growing the game. /shrug

Wish the current WoW dev team were thinking like that too, sadly they dont. Eventually you can get everything with pretty much no effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusch View Post
    Blizzard didn't cater to baddies in vanilla and tbc and they had no problems growing the game. /shrug
    Speaking of "baddies", your achievements seem to show that you earned a lot of them after the content was no longer relevant.

Not sure why there should be masses amounts of exclusivity other than trying to be a massive snowflake on a virtual reality platform which you can't take with you when you return to real life. I understand maybe little parts such as getting a title for realm first like Death's Demise - that to me was ideal and you instantly identified as that person being awesome without much effort or bullshit for the outsider to look in.

However complete removal of things although is nice in a way it's also idiotic. It's basically punishing because not everyone's life revolved around World of Warcraft like Ghostcrawler's at one point. It's also how the game has continued - people dabbling in older content. I dunno about you but spending 20 minutes on a Heroic Lich King is way quicker compared to spending years for some people trying to get Invincible.

Those casuals you complain are also funding your nice content you receive, whether you want to be a special snowflake or not, the game got considerably better because more subs equates to more money to burn. You might not agree but look at the difference between Vanilla and Cataclysm and then tell me money didn't help with avocations of new tech to make it firstly cosmetically better, functionality and overall better infrastructures including money going to hardware. It all adds up.

The gaming industry as a whole developed more so because the end-users added it to part of their life not necessarily their entire life.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-05-22 at 01:29 PM.

I agree with GC.

Deleted
    Removing features just to pander to sensitive egos is ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    What's truly ridiculous is people who agree with it and then go on to say that Blizzard doesn't do this when they've already mentioned they will with Legion's Artifact Weapon appearances/color variants and have done with Challenge Mode rewards (among other things). It makes me wonder how any of these people manage to exist given how stupid they are.

Deleted
    What's truly ridiculous is people who agree with it and then go on to say that Blizzard doesn't do this when they've already mentioned they will with Legion's Artifact Weapon appearances/color variants and have done with Challenge Mode rewards (among other things). It makes me wonder how any of these people manage to exist given how stupid they are.
    Honestly I think the removal of Challenge Mode was retarded since you couldn't out-gear it anyway and missed an opportunity for something people can do for fun anytime

Speaking of "baddies", your achievements seem to show that you earned a lot of them after the content was no longer relevant.
    Wait, you are one of the people who care about achievements?

Aside from the fact that I never said that I wasn't also a baddie, I have plenty of achievements that are/were relevant.

It's also pretty pathetic to bash someone's profile but not link your own, but hey, that might just be me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    But giving ppl goldmedals for participation aint?

With that said, having exclusive 1% stuff and removing it should not be a thing nowdays. Those days are gone.
    But having exclusive rewards that is current is fine.