Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

When will the level squish happen?

next expansion we will level up to level 120!!!

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| <- this is 120 levels

if you are a new player 120 levels are simply too daunting. especially because it actually takes quite some time if you are a completely new player with no account bound items and no experience.

I would actually like them to go all the way back to level 60 and make all zones scale with your level.

what's your solution?

Deleted
    Remove 25 levels and make the player choose whether they want to do outland or northrend (from 60 to 70), cata or pandaria (70 to 75) and draenor or broken isles (75-85) and only add 5 levels next expac to 90.

Put the gear from continents with the same level range to the ilvl range.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    what's your solution?
    I would sell an instant pre-current xpac max level boost with a small introductionary scenario to explain the basics of the class together with the xpac.
    Or I would allow to create pre-current xpac max level characters with a small introductionary scenario to explain the basics of the class and allow them to complete the current level before they had to buy or apply the previously mentioned character boost.
    Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    Remove 25 levels and make the player choose whether they want to do outland or northrend (from 60 to 70), cata or pandaria (70 to 75) and draenor or broken isles (75-85) and only add 5 levels next expac to 90.

Put the gear from continents with the same level range to the ilvl range.
    That's a lot of ressources wasted for little to no effect.

There is no need for a level squish, really. Levelling from 1-120 takes A LOT less time than leveling at the time the content was current. New player aquisition is probably the most problematic task for long running MMOs like WoW, but this is no solution. The numbers really don't matter here. What matters is the time needed until you can take part in current content activities and thus connect to the majority of the player base. This can be easily adjusted by changing the required ep.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2017-05-22 at 12:57 PM.

Deleted
    if you are a new player 120 levels are simply too daunting.
    Bullshit! #1 you got boost to 110 by then #2 it takes like 2 days to get to max level
    especially because it actually takes quite some time if you are a completely new player with no account bound items and no experience.
    bullshit again. compared to vanilla its as fast as a flight from east to west cost
    I would actually like them to go all the way back to level 60 and make all zones scale with your level.
    No, cause scaling failed already in Legion and players need char progression.

Why would they do this?
    Seems like a waste of time for something most players will either not care about or dislike.

Lv max=60. Vanilla zones are 1-40. TBC,WotLK,Cata,MoP are 40-50, you can level in any continent. WoD and Legion are 50-55 and the new xpac continent are 50-60. Level squish is not that important to me compared to stat squish though.

Deleted
    what's your solution?
    Leave it until it overflows 32-bit integers.

...what's your solution?
    When you buy the game you get a level boost to 110... seems to be all you'd really need to be honest.

Deleted
    They include a free level boost in every expansion to combat this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Leave it until it overflows 32-bit integers.
    I believe they made a post a while ago that they got around that limitation in some way. We were joking about it pre-MOP with MEGA dmg and all, but what is 1.3bn AP tokens if not MEGA tokens

So when you need to farm some leather in old zones for a LW transmog you need to fight mobs taking 10-15 sec each to kill? Mobs from 4 expansions ago ? Thats one way to make you lose all sense of character progression.

I am for scaling tech while leveling. Chose whatever zone you want, But there as to be a switch to turn it off. I am doing a lot of old zones. Farming toys, pets, achievements. No way in hell i am going back having to fight mobs in feralas that is lvl 100+ or unable to solo dungeons cause they all scale to your level.

if you are a new player 120 levels are simply too daunting. especially because it actually takes quite some time if you are a completely new player with no account bound items and no experience.
    It took me less than 10 hours when Legion released to get to 110.

They should not only squish items, but also they should flaten all of the max level items from previous expansions. That way they would be able to squish them a lot more than they did before.

Deleted
    the level 100 boost just doesn't feel right in my opinion. imagine you start out in this huge world that is world of warcraft and you want to explore everything from scratch and then BOOOOM "here, have a level 100".

for me, the best memories come from exploring the unexplored! and with exploring I don't mean flying around on my mount oneshotting everything.
    the world should feel huge and scary at the start, to make the game fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    I am for scaling tech while leveling. Chose whatever zone you want, But there as to be a switch to turn it off.
    yeah, I agree

the level 100 boost just doesn't feel right in my opinion. imagine you start out in this huge world that is world of warcraft and you want to explore everything from scratch and then BOOOOM "here, have a level 100".

for me, the best memories come from exploring the unexplored! and with exploring I don't mean flying around on my mount oneshotting everything.
    the world should feel huge and scary at the start, to make the game fun.
    You know you're not forced to use the boost and that alts are a thing, right?

Deleted
    1-120 will still take less time than 1-60 took in Vanilla, it's fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    You know you're not forced to use the boost and that alts are a thing, right?
    everyone will use the boost and the game will lose some of its magic once you log on that char.

Deleted
    next expansion we will level up to level 120!!!

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| <- this is 120 levels

what's your solution?
    Because every expansion now include a level boost. You don't have to quest old content unless you want to. Why would anyone remove a part of that ?
    For new players it's about trying out different classes at max level before they boost (yes you can actually do that!).
    If anything *new* it would be about world scaling. However that destroy the narrative and in general is a bad solution. I think it's fine as it is.