Thread: Black Desert

i think if you have the time to play the game near constantly you will get to a specific point that most ppl won't be able to touch you. thats a fact. you can't really say the game is balanced when there is a massive difference between a fresh 56 and say a 60 with 300ap. hell even 250 ap for a fresh 56 is going to feel like an impossible to reach number. its doesn't take long to reach the middle ground, to be competitive with the top end is going to require a stupid amount of grinding.

can't really say the balance is that great because the near endless level scaling, the disparity between fresh 56's or 57's vs those who have been pounding this game for over a year. its no contest.

then again what is the middle ground because that changes i thought the middle ground was about 200/200, it says i've played for 18 days and i'm 142/207 before hidden stats. its more like 150/207. at this point being all pri with a couple of duo items, the game starts demanding a serious amount of investment for your upgrades. the chance of losing accessories completely means you need spares of everything you want to try to duo.

hopefully they have a cool event going on during the steam release next week, surely the ppl who get the game through steam are going to need a good boost to get upto speed. also if steam does bring in a good few thousand or more player then there will be a new wave of lower geared characters. who will be more evenly matched with one another. they are still going to get shit on by practically everyone else for a while.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-05-21 at 09:53 PM.

u need lvl 60 tri boss armor and around 200 ap with some accuracy accessories or off hand and at this point u can fight any geared player and have a chance to win if u r skilled enough.Its still gonna be rough in node wars or any form of mass pvp depeding on your class..

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    So how well are classes balanced in this game?

I was on earlier and saw two different guilds say they were specifically recruiting berserkers.
    Balance gets thrown out the window when you factor in 200+ AP. However, there are classes that are more desired for node wars due to their CC or dmg. Warrior/Wiz/Witch/DK/Zerker are all at the top of the desired classes. That doesn't mean other classes aren't useful, the assassin type classes (kuno, ninja, musa, maehwa, tamer) focus on getting in, poke and get out because they can die easily.

I'm falling deeper down the rabbit hole. I'm starting my worker empire.

Reminds me of when I used to play EVE...

I'm falling deeper down the rabbit hole. I'm starting my worker empire.

Reminds me of when I used to play EVE...
    it does have some similarities, the whole npc worker empire and trying to get one more contribution point so you can link x node or buy another worker, its addictive.

i've not played eve for a while my eve characters are sitting in jita waiting for me to come back and play it. sold everything i had before i stopped playing i think i have about 7bil isk i've been wanting to go back in and try something else but god damn that game drains the life essence from you I think bdo is more afk friendly.

I tried bashims this morning for exp and its much better than the sausans although 50% in 30 mins i dunno about that i stacked exp gains, i think i had about 350-400% exp gain and i only managed to do 5% in 30mins, which is still pretty damn fast.

i mean you have the daily 200%, olvia 100% cold beer 20% milk tea 8% exp pot 15% scroll 5% i think i was getting about 0.100% per mob though so still a lot better than the sausans which is more like 0.010% per mob.

Mind, I have three characters in their 30s and three more in their teens. Before long I'm going to have to go out and get more contribution points.

I re-installed this game last week and made a Dark Knight, and kept playing my Sorceress to get a new feel for it again. I just can't enjoy this game for some reason. The game looks beautiful and the combat controls feel great but the enemy AI is SO stupid so the tight controls and great animations feel wasted. I also just can't get passed how bad the UI and UI navigation look and feel...along with the questing. The system works, I just can't stand how it looks and feels after seeing games like FFXIV, WoW, SW:ToR....and many many others and their polished UIs (some more polished than others)...but all of them look like gold compared to BDOs UI IMO.

This coupled with the gearing mechanics just make it feel so...disappointing? Knowing that I'm going to have to deal with the unpolished UI and terrible inventory management for many MANY grindy hours, and looting enemies manually unless I spend ~$20 to get an inventory upgrade and a pet that will loot for me, just make it feel bad in comparison to other MMO's out there without providing me with what I care about most, which is engaging story and compelling PvE. Obviously this game does things well enough for people to stick with it....I'm not one of those people

I think you have to make some concessions if you want a different experience, the game is only about two years old so it has plenty of room for improvement, i have to agree that the ui feels clunky at times and the ai aren't the greatest, even just mobs that don't aggro as if there is a limit to how many mobs will join combat some mobs stand there taking hits while taking no damage or their health bar just continually resets until they enter combat.

for the most part i do think BDO is much better than tera, although the uis for both games are equally clunky.

I only raid heroic in wow and at this moment in time i don't feel like grinding for titanforged rolls, i feel pretty much ready for Tomb when that releases and so would rather spend time grinding in bdo for more meaningful progression than grind in wow for minor progress.

i think there is time when you just feel like playing a certain type of game, for bdo if i want to watch a movie i can afk fish while i do that, if i want to raid then i have wow for that. I actually enjoy grinding in bdo the combat is fun enough to make any amount of grinding very bearable.

I JUST WANT A BED!
    I just wanted engaging pve combat since sorceress is almost exactly the class archetype I've had in my head forever now and was super excited to see someone actually make it.

Makes me sad every time.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

7+ Year Old Account
    No need to worry it's coming to the Steam store soon..
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

So if I already own this game before the Steam launch can I add my copy to Steam and use cash in my Steam wallet to buy shit in the game's store?

So if I already own this game before the Steam launch can I add my copy to Steam and use cash in my Steam wallet to buy shit in the game's store?
    Nope you cant

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Nope you cant
    At which step? Can I just not add my original copy to Steam? Or even if I had a Steam copy you can't use cash from the wallet to buy stuff on the store?

Is the main quest mandatory?
    It is very boring and has 190 quests.

I heard it has been redesigned.
    It is different from last year.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Be careful with Steam.
    Its game is not compatible with the "official" game.
    For example, you cannot buy Steam's FF14 expansion and put it on official version of base game, or vice versa.

I remember one game. Steam had a later release. All the rage.
    The rule of thumb is to buy the game directly, not from Steam.
    It is always cheaper, and releases early.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2017-05-23 at 02:58 PM.

At which step? Can I just not add my original copy to Steam? Or even if I had a Steam copy you can't use cash from the wallet to buy stuff on the store?
    Can't link your current account to steam, if you want to play through steam, you gotta start all over and re-buy whatever you have.
    I'm not sure about spending from the steam wallet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Can't link your current account to steam, if you want to play through steam, you gotta start all over and re-buy whatever you have.
    I'm not sure about spending from the steam wallet.
    I don't believe that....
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I don't believe that....
    That's the case, as it is with every other MMO that has Steam and stand-alone versions. You pick one or the other for the most part, you can't mix between the two nicely, especially if they're B2P games.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's the case, as it is with every other MMO that has Steam and stand-alone versions. You pick one or the other for the most part, you can't mix between the two nicely, especially if they're B2P games.
    ...........not true.

Both my Wildstar and EVE account have been made before I used them in Steam and I've linked both of them there afterwards.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    ...........not true.

Both my Wildstar and EVE account have been made before I used them in Steam and I've linked both of them there afterwards.
    Whatever the case might be for those outliers, you won't be able to link your current BDO account to steam unless you make a new one. It doesn't matter whether you believe it or not, those are the facts.

Edit: it looks like the steam version doesn't have a launcher as far as i can tell so you can't log in through the steam version with an older account.. it looks like they went for some sort of integration so if you fire up the game from steam you just load straight into the game.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-05-25 at 05:25 AM.