Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is there any info about tank balance in upcoming patch?

I wonder what classes would be good and bad for ToS? I've heard about nerfing monks and bears, but I don't know anything about warriors and other classes. Is there significant changes for them?

Also — what kind of challenge will be ToS bosses for tanks? E.g. in NH there's huge amount of unavoidable magic damage, especially dots and some huge hits which are designed to be handled by some kind of tactics, but if tank could handle them alone, it would simplify the fight, so tanks who can survive huge hits are preferable.

Some people say ToS won't be based on sustained magic damage. That's good for prot warriors. Nerfs on bears/monks are not significant too, I think they will be ok.

Anyway, I think we currently need more information about the raid itself, so we have no other choice to wait and see if there are new class tunnings and more detailed information about mechanics on ToS.

Deleted
    Guardian Druids will continue to dominate the tanking scene for the rest of the expansion, even with the nerfs. They haven't even touched Frenzied Regeneration which is a big offender to how brokenly strong they are.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    I wonder what classes would be good and bad for ToS? I've heard about nerfing monks and bears, but I don't know anything about warriors and other classes. Is there significant changes for them?

Also — what kind of challenge will be ToS bosses for tanks? E.g. in NH there's huge amount of unavoidable magic damage, especially dots and some huge hits which are designed to be handled by some kind of tactics, but if tank could handle them alone, it would simplify the fight, so tanks who can survive huge hits are preferable.
    considering how often concordance of the legion procs I am imagining TOS will suck for tanks. Specially the ones that don't have their artifact maxed out.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    considering how often concordance of the legion procs I am imagining TOS will suck for tanks. Specially the ones that don't have their artifact maxed out.
    Could you elaborate on this? I mean how does a 2000 versa buff chage the gameplay?

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    Could you elaborate on this? I mean how does a 2000 versa buff chage the gameplay?

is 2000 versatility or roughly a 5% damage reduction across the board what you get once your artifact weapon is maxed? no, that is what you get for the first point. It then grows by 200 versatility per point. I am not the best at math but a maxed weapon seems like an awful lot of mitigaion on proc. and contrary to what the tooltip states I have had it proc while proc'd.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    ToS has enterely physical damage afer warriors and dk complained, druid will still be king. mark of ursol nerf doenst matter at all.

Deleted
    bears are losing mark of ursol in 7.2.5.

that makes bears balanced enough to stop complaining.

Deleted
    2000 versa is roughly a 4% damage increase (as we go for versa as tanks) and about a 2.5% reduction (due to different scaling of increases and reductions). Is it nice? Sure. Is it gamebreaking? Probably not. Once 20 something perks in that become normal we might be in trouble though. That versa is terribly powerful tank stat, due to the way it scales is true, but I think we will have to confront this truth on Argus and not for ToS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post

It makes bears weaker to the type of fights, we don't seem to be getting next tier.... GJ Blizz. Bears needed a reduction of their passive mitigation, to make their decisions matter more, not the removal of one of their active tools. /rant

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    2000 versa is roughly a 4% damage increase (as we go for versa as tanks) and about a 2.5% reduction (due to different scaling of increases and reductions). Is it nice? Sure. Is it gamebreaking? Probably not. Once 20 something perks in that become normal we might be in trouble though. That versa is terribly powerful tank stat, due to the way it scales is true, but I think we will have to confront this truth on Argus and not for ToS.

- - - Updated - - -

It makes bears weaker to the type of fights, we don't seem to be getting next tier.... GJ Blizz. Bears needed a reduction of their passive mitigation, to make their decisions matter more, not the removal of one of their active tools. /rant
    what decisions are you talking about? bear is extremely easy to play, there aren't any decisions to be made anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Guardian physical mitigation is amazing right now. Then with ysera's gift passively healing for about 50k a second, plus 3 charges of frenzied regen that heal for more that 100% of the damage taken over the last 5 seconds, and set bonuses that decrease the recharge time on regen, it's crazy.

The nerf to the ability to handle magic damage was stupid, because now if there's a huge magic spike a guardian just... dies? So basically guardians are either unstoppable or completely vulnerable depending on type of damage. They should have done a more balanced nerf affecting both magic and physical.
    if it's blockable damage, warriors wins by miles, with new traits you can get 76% damage reduction on crit blocking to attacks

Aaaaaand no... guardians just use you know, one of their other 4 big CDs they have

Deleted
    Guardian physical mitigation is amazing right now. Then with ysera's gift passively healing for about 50k a second, plus 3 charges of frenzied regen that heal for more that 100% of the damage taken over the last 5 seconds, and set bonuses that decrease the recharge time on regen, it's crazy.

The nerf to the ability to handle magic damage was stupid, because now if there's a huge magic spike a guardian just... dies? So basically guardians are either unstoppable or completely vulnerable depending on type of damage. They should have done a more balanced nerf affecting both magic and physical.
    you have 8 mln hp plus thick hide plus rend and tear. you dont need anymore mitigation, you are not gonna die from any magical hit ever. you take that hit, press frienzed and regen it all up,or use one of the two survival instincts, or barkskin, or rage of the sleeper, you know just like all other tanks.
    Last edited by mmoc67e7f8beac; 2017-05-22 at 02:35 PM.

Deleted

Yeah Bears will die due to Magic Damage because they dont have 2 Stacks Survival Instincts, Barksin and Rage of the Sleeper :/

IDK why everyone still complaining about guardian druids even after they lost mork of ursol and now iron fur / galactic guardian was also nerfed in last ptr build, and on the other hand no one seems to notice how stupidly OP prot pallys are, with all their cds and the amount of healing they do, and not to mention their insanely OP dps, they can out dps any tank by good 100k+ margin depends on the fights, that's the huge issue with tank balance with how threat generation works, what I don't get it is blizzard have not even touch prot pallys to nerf their dps, instead they keep throwing guardian under the bus because of all the whiners that play other tank class, how in the hell you guys don't see how OP prot pallys are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    IDK why everyone still complaining about guardian druids even after they lost mork of ursol and now iron fur / galactic guardian was also nerfed in last ptr build, and on the other hand no one seems to notice how stupidly OP prot pallys are, with all their cds and the amount of healing they do, and not to mention their insanely OP dps, they can out dps any tank by good 100k+ margin depends on the fights, that's the huge issue with tank balance with how threat generation works, what I don't get it is blizzard have not even touch prot pallys to nerf their dps, instead they keep throwing guardian under the bus because of all the whiners that play other tank class, how in the hell you guys don't see how OP prot pallys are.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...nks&dataset=95

prot pally so op they are 4th :thinking:

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post

The only thing losing Mark of Ursol will do is make it to where it won't be possible for bears to solo tank mythic end-bosses designed with 2 tanks in mind.

Bear will still be the hands down best tank. They just won't be a complete OP faceroll anymore.

Deleted
    Really?

Guardians are gonna be sitting at around constant 75-80% physical mitigation with ironfur.
    That's cute... I have 65% just from armor and on top of that, I have block and ignore pain

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post

If you're looking for the tank that can survive an extended period of time without an off-tank, well, that's why they are nerfing bears and taking a hard look at brewmasters.

You'll have enough "Oh crap!" buttons that you should be able to survive without an off-tank for about 30-seconds. Which is rather across the board. DKs and DHs may end up surviving a bit longer as they are strongly reactionary with lots of self-healing and DHs are looking at a possible 100% uptime on Demon Spikes - which is why they moved a lot of the survivability of the class towards passive and nerfed the spike damage reduction.

The one real game changer for a lot of classes though should be the trinkets. ToS is dropping a LOT of strong active use trinkets for both healers and tanks. So if your raid is kitted out with quite a few of them you'll probably be able to single-tank a few fights but it'll be a gimmick thing towards the end when you're rather zerging anyway.

The concordance proc doesn't really matter. I mean it's nice, but it's semi-random, so while you'll want something to track it so you know to hit like a healing CD when it's on or during the duration it's not something to really plan around that much. Though for a DK it may end up being a defining factor between a good tank and a great tank based on just death strikes and vampiric blood - since they'll pull more healing with the vers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    That's cute... I have 65% just from armor and on top of that, I have block and ignore pain
    thats cute, bear have 3stacks frienzed, rend and tear, thick hide, double your cds, double your health.