Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    You're the one being toxic if you want to play this game half-assed and expect people who are far ahead of you to carry your sorry ass because you have your real-life commitment of flipping burgers for 10 hours every day and want others to adjust to your needs. There are shittons of groups for 880-ilvl people to try out NH, I have even gotten into some as 870 DPS. The groups were pretty bad but what do you expect? Oh yeah, you don't want those shit groups, you want to be in the groups where everyone else except you is 900+.
    i like how you call others for wanting to play "half assed" when those people are the ones who want chalenge in dungeons by doin them in intended itemlevel while in fact its you who want to do them "half assed" overgearing by 20 itlv so you dont have to worry about any mechanics in there

much hipocrisy such wow

just be honest - all you want is feel better about yourself by excluding others from activity in game.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i like how you call others for wanting to play "half assed" when those people are the ones who want chalenge in dungeons by doin them in intended itemlevel while in fact its you who want to do them "half assed" overgearing by 20 itlv so you dont have to worry about any mechanics in there

much hipocrisy such wow

just be honest - all you want is feel better about yourself by excluding others from activity in game.
    Uhhh... I just explained to you - I have gotten into NH N groups (that drop even 880+ items) as a 870 DPS. 880 would be the optimal ilvl to go there for 'challenge' and most people have a legendary or two meaning the rest of their gear is usually below 880, so each drop would potentially be an upgrade - even if it doesn't WF/TF. Getting into 880 groups takes longer than 2 minutes, sure, but it is possible. Furthermore, you get to play with people who are at similar gear-level to you.

On the other hand, I really do not get it how it is SO difficult to understand that people who are 900-ilvl now have done their share of progression (or do you think people just press a secret button, get to skip everything and are magically 910 ilvl?). It has absolutely NOTHING to do with excluding anyone else from their activities, it's just about being effective with time and not choosing to re-progress the same content week after week. Why would anyone want to bring someone who literally cannot be arsed to apply to worse groups and just wants to play with people who overgear the content? Isn't that the prime example of entitlement and wanting to be carried?
    Last edited by Mlz; 2017-05-22 at 10:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Find a guild.
    Doesn't really help - the primary issue is that DPS outnumber healer/tank for 5 man more than 3 to 1. That maths still applies in a guild.

Basically means DPS requirements can be set higher than required.

I've given up trying to get high level (+10 or more) M+ on my 903 mage, and just run the few lower level ones I can get into.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Doesn't really help - the primary issue is that DPS outnumber healer/tank for 5 man more than 3 to 1. That maths still applies in a guild.
    In my experience it is a lot easier to get into a guild as a dps than as a tank or healer. This has less to do with the arithmetic of those roles and more with those being roles were a lot more stability is needed. I can't think of a serious dps applicant that didn't at least get a trial in our guild, especially while we aren't progressing.

My experience is pretty much mythic only though, so maybe it looks a little different in normal/heroic guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Rogue hit 892 within 40 hours of dinging 110, and no it never got boosted. Sorry try again.

Also if you don't get 2 legos in a couple of days you're not doing content to get gear anyways. The first 2 are basically free handouts at this point.
    Important distinction here, is that 40 hours of played time, or 40 hours of real time, in which case, how much did you play during that time?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Basically, the PUGs don't want to wipe, so they request iLevels which mean you have already done the content you're applying too. Yes it is a catch 22 situation but there isn't really another way sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Just people being retarded
    You can easily get keystone master and curve with 870 ilvl
    But the average pug is just bad,so people take pugs who overgear content
    What curve? Xavius? Yeah, you could...

Deleted
    Why do people think they're going to have no issues diving back into the game after quitting for 6 months? I was 882 in October last year and surprisingly I didn't even raid.

The reason there are so many 900+ groups for everything from EN HC to NH HC is because the people in those groups are doing them for legendary and AP, they're purposely bringing people who out gear it because their main aim isn't gear. So when you sign up with an 880 ilvl to a group that specifically says "900+ or no inv" you are literally asking for a boost, unknowingly or not.

and we get it - but that personal greed is making game socialy unapealing - something that for mmorpg is a killer

yes we get it that you all want smooth 10 minutes clears - but by doin this you are toxic to community and community responds in ignoring such ineffective tool .

there is a reason why LFD/LFR was brought into game - and such behaviour can be pitfall for mythic + next expansion if not enough players do them because of inaccesibility

- - - Updated - - -

so your advice to people is :"gearing up is super easy if you dont mind cheating people into carrying you"

well duh ofc its easy then.

thats nothing new - its same "easy" as being carried by guildies
    True but it in the end what can you really do about others behaviors? Nothing but adapt with it and make it work for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone should make a addon that Lies to other ppl about your IL. If you think about it, it would be doing the same thing the regualar one does now. My Item level is 108 but I only equip 103. I mean you would have to be the same character level and you could increase or decrease your IL more than 20 points. That should be enough to bring ppl back together.

P.S. One more thing came to mind. Don't forget about Titanforged. Its rare but not as rare as you think. Ive seen a Mythic 4 drop 900il loot and more often than not, especially here as of late. I think blizz is back up to their old tricks. Gearing ppl up optimally for their new raid. So expect to see lots of 900+ loots floating around.
    Last edited by Phantombeard; 2017-05-22 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fadedmind View Post
    True but it in the end what can you really do about others behaviors? Nothing but adapt with it and make it work for you.
    we cannot - its devs job to make sure community behaves properly

and if they fail at their job they should get fired as they are clearly incompetent so keeping them hired is waste of time.

Deleted
    In my experience, the majority of people complaining about high ilvl requirements are just lazy buggers who want to be carried by said high-ilvl groups and therefore refuse to open their own groups with ilvl-appropriate others.

And seriously, if you ever tried to open your own group, you would select those with the highest ilvl yourselves, so why bitch about those that do exactly the same?

I've done my fair share of farming old raid content in PUGs and absolutely HATE it if there are free-loaders in. Announcing the run as 905+ and then there are at least 2 or 3 in with ilvl 850 or even lower. Most of those even have the audacity of bitching at me when I don't hand them loot I get. Although I clearly state to them: "If you're in a group advertised as 905+ with an ilvl of 850 then you're already leeching enough. I can't change that you're in the group, but I will not support this by giving you loot".

Every one of us who has higher ilvl had to spend time and effort to get there. We, too were at 850 once, and had to wipe several times to bosses that are now a joke (of course). We should we spend even more time to help someone else save time?

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    MY newly dinged alt is 887 and with less than 10 hours of total game play. Most of which I afked
    So basically, you were carried (you cant have been "playing your part" if you were AFK of course). Same story really though, you got carried by people willing to take a new alt. As the OP has trouble getting in groups - I'm not sure that would work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Well then I guess 95% of the player base are shitters.

And why would you ever want a shitter in your group?
    I had to chuckle. As a bodily function, can you point out anyone that does NOT do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    In my experience, the majority of people complaining about high ilvl requirements are just lazy buggers who want to be carried by said high-ilvl groups and therefore refuse to open their own groups with ilvl-appropriate others.
    It's a bit hard to disagree here with that assessment. I offered to help this guy with a group that averages 908 ilvl clearing NH-H in an hour weekly and he can't even be bothered to reply. Just came here to complain and bitch it seems. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    So basically, you were carried (you cant have been "playing your part" if you were AFK of course). Same story really though, you got carried by people willing to take a new alt. As the OP has trouble getting in groups - I'm not sure that would work.
    If you mean carried by looking for boost groups then yeah I was. But what I meant was afking in Dalaran 50% of that time while looking for groups and well afking. You can do invasions in 20min ( with scenario ) thats about 3000 shards, 2 invasions is 6000 shards , 14 items that you can get for 400 shard each is less than that. So in 1 hour or less play time after you got 110 you can have 850 ilvl ( not counting weapon since you cant get relics ), or even higher if you get procs. If you do +10 you will get 905 ilvl next week, and i got relic + legendar.... With 887 i can join most low m+ keys and normal NH run easily and even HC if i prove that i have man thats doing NH. But i dont bother, its alt and atm I dont have much time to play main let alone alt....

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    /snip
    Late to the party, but hey OP... if you want help finding Horde groups PM me and I'll give you my tag. I play a tank so making a group isn't hard.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

It is more than good enough for the content, but it's the market. The ilvl and class/role is the only immediate signal. From the organizers p.o.v., why take an 882 if there are 900+'s applying?
    You should realy try to find a good social guild where people help each other. Other than that, it is going to be running your own groups or find other content to up your ilvl and get yourself in line with the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    In my experience it is a lot easier to get into a guild as a dps than as a tank or healer.
    Indeed - for raiding, but a lot harder to get an M+ run for the same reason.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Hey

I recently took a 6 month break from wow because I got hooked a bit on Overwatch, and I wanted to play a little d3, so I kinda let wow go for a bit.
    I've since returned to wow, in a more casual way, but I'd still like to do things in game with involves raids or higher tier mythic dungeons.

I understand the path of progression and I shouldn't expect to raid mythic guldan as soon as I rejoined the game.
    But when I find myself struggling to get into regular mythic groups, it discourages me into even try to ask for groups for mythic+ or raids.
    I see stuff like "900+ for mythic+ 6", which is very insane. I understand the speed element of mythic+, but come on, the same goes for normal nighthold btw, 900+?
    I remember a post from a blizzard employee about the wq rewards and it should give you ilvl enough do nighthold normal.

Is 882 ilvl with 38 artifact traits really not good enough for mythic +6, nighthold normal and regular mythics?
    Am I just another lower ilvl DPS in a unlimited pool of 900+ super experienced dpsers?

I understand that this is player set rules and people decide exactly what they want for their raids but don't you remove 95% of the playerbase by having such restrictions?
    If anyone has any tips on how to get into groups for this (I've tried starting my own but nobody joins or I never get tanks/healers).
    QQ post

stop openig this kind of trash

we cannot - its devs job to make sure community behaves properly

and if they fail at their job they should get fired as they are clearly incompetent so keeping them hired is waste of time.
    But their job isn't to instill morals into people or tell them how to play the game(withing reason i.e harassing threatening, cheating etc.)
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"