Page 55 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    well i'm glad i'm not British.
    Yes, you've made that clear a number of times.
    You can't really dust for vomit.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Media are finally looking at the whole picture.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a7749291.html

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Yes, you've made that clear a number of times.
    in this particular instance, it was because i didn't like siding with Corbyn.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Tbh it's been discussed to death before, I know that I'm not interested in polls, if you are then great. Polls do work, if you want a number that is most often wrong and gives the wrong answer. Opinion poll failures are easy to find, Sanders was getting destroyed by Hilary in Michigan yet he won, no polls had trump winning, but he did, Truman, Roosevelt, the 92 uk election.
    You want to put stock in polls go for it.

- - - Updated - - -

I would suggest in some circles the shy voter might even be for Labour this time...well at least until the manifestos came out.

- - - Updated - - -

The margin of error is 3 points the 2015 polls were polled tied and it wasnt close to tied.
    Sanders and Michigan is really an outlier though. The polls were right about the remaining states. They were right with Macron and even underperformed him.

The nose dive in the polls have already started in wales probably going to carry across to England as well.

Funny fact, England are the only country in the entirety of Europe that doesn't have a free standing Government hopefully some one gets around and changes that given every other UK country has one but I guess Scotland would whine if England wanted devolved powers too.
    Last edited by Fleuria; 2017-05-22 at 03:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Ye, no, that is bullshit.
    If that's all you have to rebutt then go ahead, enjoy your polls I'll still continue to put no stock in them except for exit polls.

There are articles after article about how they're getting them so wrong. There are some outlier polls that seem to have highly accurate results though, so I'll give those ones some more credence

Holy shit, May just u-turned on her dementia tax, strong and Fucking stable...you know what you get with Tories, I've never known a PM to be so unstable. She's a disaster, she's becoming less electable by the day.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2017-05-22 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleuria View Post
    The nose dive in the polls have already started in wales probably going to carry across to England as well.

Funny fact, England are the only country in the entirety of Europe that doesn't have a free standing Government hopefully some one gets around and changes that given every other UK country has one but I guess Scotland would whine if England wanted devolved powers too.
    England shouldn't have it's own Government or parliament. It needs to be broken down into regions of which each has their own groupings. Because what can help London isn't what can work for the South West (which would likely feel more like Wales), which also would not work for the Northern counties, which would not work for the East.

It works for Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland because the three combined have a similar population than that of London. While one for England as a whole would likely one day be able to pull the rug from under westminster or again just be London centric like Westminster.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    England shouldn't have it's own Government or parliament. It needs to be broken down into regions of which each has their own groupings. Because what can help London isn't what can work for the South West (which would likely feel more like Wales), which also would not work for the Northern counties, which would not work for the East.
    Either way England needs devolved powers sooner rather than later, cannot keep promising other countries shit when England is still hog tied by the other UK countries.
    Last edited by Fleuria; 2017-05-22 at 04:18 PM.

Deleted
    Lol if May has thrown this election ... Going to be pretty funny if she loses the election that she called, and that had her so far ahead in the polls just weeks ago. Personally i think tory will win, but not by much. And i still have no idea who im voting for, really unhappy with all the choices this year, may well just be a green vote for the sake of it.

Its good to see Labour close the gap, i don't think such a large majority of any party would be a good thing. Also facebook basically just seems like a corbyn fan club at this point, he's definitely donea good job of capturing younger peoples attention, but will they show up to vote? My guess is probably not, base don my own experiences, the people who are sharing all the stuff about corbyn constantly are probably the least likely people to actually go and vote, but we'll see.
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2017-05-22 at 04:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Andrew Neil has may on tonight, he better tear her to shreds.

Deleted
    Take a shot every time she says "strong and stable"?

May is a master of saying absolutely nothing so I wouldn't hold out much hope for this being an interesting interview.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    If that's all you have to rebutt then go ahead, enjoy your polls I'll still continue to put no stock in them except for exit polls.
    What else i'm supposed to do? So many polls turn out to be within the margin of error, the data exists, that you ignore it because of 1 poll.. well, that is your problem, not mine.

Both rounds of the French elections, the Dutch election, the US ellections(popular vote), all turned out correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    What else i'm supposed to do? So many polls turn out to be within the margin of error, the data exists, that you ignore it because of 1 poll.. well, that is your problem, not mine.
    I offered more, but let's just agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Take a shot every time she says "strong and stable"?
    Can we also take shots every time she tries to say how the country is united and other BS she states over and over?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Can we also take shots every time she tries to say how the country is united and other BS she states over and over?
    Maybe make a bingo sheet or phrases she will say.
    If i didnt already have plans tonight, that sounds like a fun game.

i'm still gonna vote for teresa may, but it's shocking how bad of a candidate she has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    i'm still gonna vote for teresa may, but it's shocking how bad of a candidate she has been.
    You aren't voting for Theresa May, unless you happen to be in her constituency. You are voting for the Tory party. The one that has been redirecting money steadily from the pockets of normal people into the pockets of the rich over the last 7 years. While failing to keep pretty much any promise they make at election time.

If you are one of the lucky people earning £80k a year or more, and you don't give a crap how much damage the Tories do to the society you have to live in, then sure, vote for them. But be prepared for people like me to say "told you so" when they screw you over massively in the next few years.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I only caught the tail end of the Andrew Neil interview but she did not cover herself in glory. This is a very sorry time for British politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleuria View Post

I don't know why you would think that. Most people either don't care or are supportive.