Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Cue the Trumpkins saying this is completely okay and there's nothing wrong with it when Trump or his family does it.
    Isn't it going to a world bank?

Lets post an article that has the correct title :https://www.wsj.com/articles/saudi-a...und-1495339028

7+ Year Old Account
    Color me shocked.

No really, even as a Trump supporter, did anyone with a serious brain over their heads expect something else from a corrupt businessman from New York with mafia ties?
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    shhh

dont let facts get in the way of a good story

continue liberals with your bashing

besides the money they are donating is fighting exactly what he said was one of the problems. so this is definitely a win win for trump no matter how you try to spin it.
    It's hilarious because of all the noise they made about the Clinton Foundation (which goes to helping way more than one of the problems) and suddenly they (you?) seem ok with Trump having double standards.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    It's hilarious because of all the noise they made about the Clinton Foundation (which goes to helping way more than one of the problems) and suddenly they (you?) seem ok with Trump having double standards.
    They didn't donate to Trump, Ivanka or ANYTHING to do with Trump, unlike in Clinton's case they donated to her family's charity. They donated to a world bank but OP didn't include an article and used a click bait title which isn't even remotely true and this thread should be closed.

Saudi Arabia, U.A.E. Pledge $100 Million to World Bank’s Women Entrepreneurs Fund
    Donation announced at event with Ivanka Trump, an advocate for businesswomen who proposed the fund

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia—The World Bank announced Sunday at an event with Ivanka Trump, the U.S. president’s daughter and senior White House adviser, that Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates have pledged a combined $100 million to a fund that will assist women entrepreneurs and small business owners.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/saudi-a...und-1495339028
    Last edited by lockedout; 2017-05-22 at 11:40 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    They didn't donate to Trump, Ivanka or ANYTHING to do with Trump, unlike in Clinton's case they donated to her family's charity. They donated to a world bank but OP didn't include an article and used a click bait title which isn't even remotely true and this thread should be closed.
    I don't see why this is any different, unless you're under the gross (and very common among Trumpkins) misconception that the Clintons personally benefit from their own charity, which they don't. It's a charity that serves the same functions as the World Bank in distributing money to causes in need.

So yeah, trying to justify whining about the Clinton foundation while saying the donation to the world bank is just fine by claiming the Clinton Foundation is some kind of personal money laundering service for the Clintons (or other nonsense) is once again false equivalency.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because pointing out that Hillary had no direct connection with the running or finances of the Clinton Foundation clearly shut down all the attacks from Trump supporters and conservatives during the election...right?

This is lowering the bar to their standard.
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. In other words: You can present Trumpkins all the facts, at the end of the day they are still full of shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. In other words: You can present Trumpkins all the facts, at the end of the day they are still full of shit.
    You can lead a Trumpkin to information but you can't make it think.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Well, roughly translated from Danish "Morale is good, double morale is double as good"
    Standards are good, double standards are twice as good

Why is the OP against equality for women?

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-05-22 at 07:42 PM.

Nothing to worry about until Ivanka runs for PotUS I would say. Then we should start worrying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    I don't see why this is any different, unless you're under the gross (and very common among Trumpkins) misconception that the Clintons personally benefit from their own charity, which they don't. It's a charity that serves the same functions as the World Bank in distributing money to causes in need.

So yeah, trying to justify whining about the Clinton foundation while saying the donation to the world bank is just fine by claiming the Clinton Foundation is some kind of personal money laundering service for the Clintons (or other nonsense) is once again false equivalency.
    Actually, the Clintons to benefit directly from the Clinton Foundation. Their family members ran it.

One would have to foolish to think that didn't benefit them in some way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Man. You guys are just itching to defend everything Trump.

Trump and associates go and visit Saudi Arabia. The very next day, they pledge $100 million to a World Bank fund that Ivanka was directly involved in setting up, and that's she's an outspoken advocate for.

So this parallels all the Clinton Foundation pay for play talk very nicely.

By the way, I have absolutely no problem with either of the situations. As long as everything is transparent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Actually, the Clintons to benefit directly from the Clinton Foundation. Their family members ran it.

Yes. Family members run the 501c3, and they don't take any type of salary or bonus. So no direct tangible benefit.

Perhaps it boosts their public image, and maybe that has benefited them in some way - but that's not a negative. The charity does tremendously good work.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Man. You guys are just itching to defend everything Trump.

Trump and associates go and visit Saudi Arabia. The very next day, they pledge $100 million to a World Bank fund that Ivanka was directly involved in setting up, and that's she's an outspoken advocate for.

So this parallels all the Clinton Foundation pay for play talk very nicely.

By the way, I have absolutely no problem with either of the situations. As long as everything is transparent.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. Family members run the 501c3, and they don't take any type of salary or bonus. So no direct tangible benefit.

Perhaps it boosts their public image, and maybe that has benefited them in some way - but that's not a negative. The charity does tremendously good work.
    Did Ivanka even go to Saudi Arabia?

It's called experience. And technically they didn't get paid, but Chelsea got a $600,000 consultant job while she was one of the board members. Coincidence?
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-05-22 at 04:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post

Why yes, perhaps they do in some way benefit indirectly from a charity, like good karma or public image.

But again, it's very little difference from the World Bank in that regard, which is why it's utterly fucking hilarious that Trumpkins are giving this a pass but railed Hillary on Saudi donations.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because pointing out that Hillary had no direct connection with the running or finances of the Clinton Foundation clearly shut down all the attacks from Trump supporters and conservatives during the election...right?

This is lowering the bar to their standard.
    Ahh, kind of like how the Hillary supporters, throughout the election, claimed to be the adults and lectured Trump and his supporters that they need to accept the results of the election and work together afterwards in a mature way, right?

You know, that thing that none of you were capable of doing because in reality you all are a bunch of self-entitled, suburban man-children and shrieking banshees of "muh feminism", whose extraordinary loops in mental gymnastics somehow allowed them to justify and accept the corruption of their candidate because they were so irrationally and utterly terrifed of what? of a white man being in power again?

That's really all it is, isn't it? or is it Russia you are so afraid of? Even though the leaked Podesta emails, confirmed over and over to be real by Donna Brazile, Robby Mook, and Podesta himself, show that they were planning to fluff up a non-existent story about Trump and Russia in early 2016 - oh but just ignore that little piece of truth. No, no, he must definitely be Putin's puppet. Where's the evidence for that again? Any at all? Or is it just anonymous sources claiming possibilities and maybe's and he said/she said?

Any rational, logical person would see this all for what it really is, and most people in this country are getting pretty sick and tired of the anti-Trump bullshit, considering, you know, there hasn't quite been a nuclear holocaust like everyone said would happen?

But eh, what am I saying, you'll probably read this and not respond - if you read it at all. You'll probably tell yourself "why waste my time on this person? no point," because the only thing you really are good at is mouthing off, but when faced with facts you run off and hide like the SJW you are.

Pathetic.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-05-22 at 06:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    I mean.. having the drug dealer pay for something that they caused sounds like a good idea..
    That would be good if the drug dealer didn't keep selling drugs to the client. If SA wants to make improvements to women around the world they need to start with equality in their own country first.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    http://fortune.com/2017/04/26/ivanka...neurship-fund/

"According to the White House, Ivanka Trump spearheaded the idea, but the fund will be run by the World Bank and she will not be involved in any solicitation of funds."

I guess this trip was only for the weapons deal and the Saudis just happened to want to donate while Trump was staying?

Like a drug dealer paying for one of his client's stays at rehab.....
    gotta to love that imagination. so basically trump and others cant do right huh? spin any story for the negative is the narrative. people are sick of it... so tired and sick of it. your way of thinking is going to lose more elections and honestly i'd prefer democrats to be in office.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Ahh, kind of like how the Hillary supporters, throughout the election, claimed to be the adults and lectured Trump and his supporters that they need to accept the results of the election and work together afterwards in a mature way, right?

You know, that thing that none of you were capable of doing because in reality you all are a bunch of self-entitled, suburban man-children and shrieking banshees of "muh feminism", whose extraordinary loops in mental gymnastics somehow allowed them to justify and accept the corruption of their candidate because they were so irrationally and utterly terrifed of what? of a white man being in power again?

That's really all it is, isn't it? or is it Russia you are so afraid of? Even though the leaked Podesta emails, confirmed over and over to be real by Donna Brazile, Robby Mook, and Podesta himself, show that they were planning to fluff up a non-existent story about Trump and Russia in early 2016 - oh but just ignore that little piece of truth. No, no, he must definitely be Putin's puppet. Where's the evidence for that again? Any at all? Or is it just anonymous sources claiming possibilities and maybe's and he said/she said?

Any rational, logical person would see this all for what it really is, and most people in this country are getting pretty sick and tired of the anti-Trump bullshit, considering, you know, there hasn't quite been a nuclear holocaust like everyone said would happen?

But eh, what am I saying, you'll probably read this and not respond - if you read it at all. You'll probably tell yourself "why waste my time on this person? no point," because the only thing you really are good at is mouthing off, but when faced with facts you run off and hide like the SJW you are.

Pathetic.

[Infracted]
    infraction

reason: having a different opinion

pathetic

look i know political debates can be rough and for mods its hard to accept other people have a different opinion but you really have to let go. you guys speak of trump abusing power, jared abusing power, ivanka abusing power and you know what im starting to believe it. mainly cause if a bunch of kids on a forum abuse their very limited power why wouldnt others abuse their very large power. its human nature i suppose and no matter how many times the mods here have been informed to keep their opinions out of their work it does not happen. at the very least highlight in red what caused the infraction so we the people can protest (i know you libs that word) if done wrong. you guys dont like transparency when it comes to your actions? are you going to hide behind the private business difference?

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-05-22 at 07:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bring moderation issues up to globals. Don't quote infracted posts to discuss why you (especially since you can't see the reason) think it was infracted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    gotta to love that imagination. so basically trump and others cant do right huh? spin any story for the negative is the narrative. people are sick of it... so tired and sick of it. your way of thinking is going to lose more elections and honestly i'd prefer democrats to be in office.
    I want to say that Trump has done a few things for the good of our nation but for the life of me I can't remember them, and I'm honestly trying to, because of the sea of bullshit that is his presidency so far. It's not that I'm trying to spin them in any way, they just come as is. Shitty.

And moving on to one of his cabinet members.....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ction=politics

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Why are you against treatment for African AIDS patients?
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Ok, this is a new form of deflection
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker