Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Brewmaster (Tier 1 in 7.2 to Tier 1.5 in 7.2.5): Slight nerfs and QoL changes (that end up being slight nerfs as well). Makes the class less fire and forget on it's active mitigation. Brewmaster will always be viable on fights with mobility/cheese. Overall goes from Tier 1 to Tier 1.5 with the changes.

Guardian (Tier S in 7.2 to Tier 1 in 7.2.5): MoU nerf makes us less adept at constant magic damage (Krosus), but ToS doesn't have a ton of those fights. Burst magic damage isn't a problem due to Bear's having the strongest defensive CDs. Ironfur nerf means we're probably behind Warriors on pure physical damage fights (if all the damage is blockable, if it's burst physical that isn't blockable Guardian is still stronger). Guardians high HP and CD tookit will always make them a viable tank for progression. Overall goes from S Tier to Tier 1 on progression.

Protection Paladin (Tier 1.5 in 7.2 to Tier 1 in 7.2.5): Minimal changes. Paladins have always been strong, but outside of Shield of the Righteous are very squishy. More gear = more haste = more SoTR uptime, which always makes Paladins good. Requires good/exceptional play on progression. Overall goes from Tier 1.5 to Tier 1 (just from other classes nerfs).

Protection Warrior (Tier 2 in 7.2 to Tier 2 in 7.2.5): Minimal changes. Great on fights with physical (blockable) damage, but will always struggle with magic (burst or sustain) and non-blockable physical damage. Overall stays at Tier 2

Death Knight (Tier 2.5 in 7.2 to Tier ? between 1-2): Tons of changes and I don't play one to comment on the viability. Some Dks are putting them at Tier 1 status, but they'll probably be anywhere from Tier 2 to Tier 1.

Vengeance DH (Tier 3 in 7.2 to Tier 3 in 7.2.5): Decent amount of changes, but most are focused on damage. Demon Hunters struggle with a bad toolkit for progression fights. And they're not overpowered/broken in any way, which puts them around Tier 2-3.
    Last edited by Emancptr; 2017-05-22 at 03:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    thats cute, bear have 3stacks frienzed, rend and tear, thick hide, double your cds, double your health.
    demo shout, scales of earth, ignore pain (can go up to 3 mil for me) Neltharion's thunder, last stand + shield wall (that recharges stupidly fast with leggo ring and anger management) and "only" 2 mil more HP (can be on par if I go indomitable) + self sustain with bracers (rage gen will be off the charts with t20)

oh

and I can tank skittish without loosing aggro

You can't get on par with Druid HP with just Indom.

That said, I do think if they keep sustained magic damage to a minimum like they said that Warrior's will be very strong in ToS. Don't forget that 8% increased damage block - It's bloody huge! With decent mastery, we're critically blocking 70%~ of incoming attacks for almost 70% reduced damage on each before armor & ignore pain.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    you have 8 mln hp plus thick hide plus rend and tear. you dont need anymore mitigation, you are not gonna die from any magical hit ever. you take that hit, press frienzed and regen it all up,or use one of the two survival instincts, or barkskin, or rage of the sleeper, you know just like all other tanks.
    You forgot the passive moonfire trait, since you mention rend and tear, which is a talent (so you can pick it or not, you probably will since it's passive and always on), the trait will be always there as long as you can moonfire a target.

Also bears have a legendary ring that sco used on mythic gul'dan, it gives you extra charge of survival instincts, if the fight calls for it. Do warriors have a legendary that gives them 2 or 3 charges on shield wall? Nope. Only a legendary that reduces a cd on it when you press your stuff but that's not the same as having extra charge without having to count "how many times do I need to press x to get my cd back for this big hit that happens in the next minute".

Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    IDK why everyone still complaining about guardian druids even after they lost mork of ursol and now iron fur / galactic guardian was also nerfed in last ptr build, and on the other hand no one seems to notice how stupidly OP prot pallys are, with all their cds and the amount of healing they do, and not to mention their insanely OP dps, they can out dps any tank by good 100k+ margin depends on the fights, that's the huge issue with tank balance with how threat generation works, what I don't get it is blizzard have not even touch prot pallys to nerf their dps, instead they keep throwing guardian under the bus because of all the whiners that play other tank class, how in the hell you guys don't see how OP prot pallys are.
    Hahaha, someone is really living in a cave. Did you ever see how OP dps is full thrash build druid?

But yeah, Blizzard please delete seraphim from prot paladins, it's the sole reason why paladins can have EITHER dps OR mitigation while druids and monks can have BOTH at the same time.

Top dps tanks atm are druids / monks / warriors, druids more on aoe and warriors more on single target, and monks are good overall.

It's pretty retarded that tanks who are best on mitigation (monk and druid) are also amazing on dps while tanks that are worst on mitigation (DH and DK) also have less dps. So what Blizzard does? Buff spirit bomb on DH only to insta nerf it again because nope, can't have good dps after beta (beta of Legion was when DH tank was good).

P.S. The worst part is monk / druid barely pay any tradeoff for their dps. Paladins pay a massive one in 66% of their active mitigation (2 out of 3 shield charges for seraphim). Warriors pay a small one because they have to give up indomitable, but according to warrior community extra rage from devastator and extra ignore pains coming out of it makes up for the loss of hp. Druid just has to equip 1-2 specific legendaries, and that's it.

Both druid and monk need specific relics but not that they have so much better other traits to put into, especially monk when hot blooded is getting nerfed. 10% dmg on thrash is massive, paladins, dks and dhs don't have any traits that are remotely close in dps value, for example paladin best dps traits is 3% damage on shield of the righteous (which you will use less if you use seraphim) or 1 extra second on consecration. DH best dps trait is extra fire damage during fiery brand window, LOL, not only you can't always use fiery brand for dps because it's one of the few defensive cds you have, but also not all damage you do is fire (soul cleave / fracture / shear is physical). Monk best dps trait is face palm which can now go in best case scenario to like 70% proc chance your tiger palm will do 300% extra damage AND reduce cds on brews so it's a defensive trait as well!
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2017-05-22 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    It's pretty retarded that tanks who are best on mitigation (monk and druid) are also amazing on dps
    I can do <10 ranks on WL as a BRM and still be dominated by druids,warriors and paladins. BRM dps is just fine, we lose 3 relics that give -2% each to do dps.

Deleted
    so I take a break for 6 months and DH's are still at the bottom of the barrel? Why can't they just buff them until they're good already

Quote Originally Posted by allana View Post
    so I take a break for 6 months and DH's are still at the bottom of the barrel? Why can't they just buff them until they're good already
    They will be gods in M+ with massive buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    considering how often concordance of the legion procs I am imagining TOS will suck for tanks. Specially the ones that don't have their artifact maxed out.
    concordance is utter trash for tanks and no one cares about it. Also, by the time ToS drops, even people that only play a couple hours a week will have concordance. I only log on for raids and do maybe 4-5 M+ a week now and I've had concordance for a week. Most people will be close to AK 40 when tomb comes out which is more than double the AP scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by patrins View Post
    concordance is utter trash for tanks and no one cares about it. Also, by the time ToS drops, even people that only play a couple hours a week will have concordance. I only log on for raids and do maybe 4-5 M+ a week now and I've had concordance for a week. Most people will be close to AK 40 when tomb comes out which is more than double the AP scaling.
    First. AK will cap at 40 now. I am at 37 with three points into concordance. Currently when concordance procs, which it does so very often, I have a flat 15% damage taken reduction and a 30% damage done modifier. How can you say that will not be signifigant at 11800 versatility?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by allana View Post
    You shouldn't mistake not being good for bleeding edge raiding to not being good.

VDH is already one of the best tanks in mythic+, will be even better in 7.2.5. They do fine enough in mythic raids once properly geared, truthfully they survive more reliably then prot pal and blood DK do on most mythic NH bosses. They should actually move up the tank rankings in Tomb as the majority of the damage is physical and there is no sustained magic damage situations which was their major weakness in NH.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    That's cute... I have 65% just from armor and on top of that, I have block and ignore pain
    And yet you are still not as good as a druid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    That's why I have block and ignore pain on top of that

mind that block 38% - 76% reduction (around 70-80% crit block chance with good mastery) and one cast of my IP is 1 mil absorb

mind that block 38% - 76% reduction (around 70-80% crit block chance with good mastery) and one cast of my IP is 1 mil absorb

Deleted

druid more armor with iron fur, they got more hp then your normal with IP and if they get low they heal to full with enraged regen. And alot of extra passive mitigation

Deleted

None of that matters, you don't even come close to the strength of a current Guardian druid, they will survive what would kill you with ease and laugh it off like it was nothing. Even with the coming nerfs.

For the 97 to 98% of us it really isnt a problem. If you are pushing world first or stroke yourself out during first week or two a new raid comes out playing 24 7 it might matter a bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    druid more armor with iron fur, they got more hp then your normal with IP and if they get low they heal to full with enraged regen. And alot of extra passive mitigation
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    None of that matters, you don't even come close to the strength of a current Guardian druid, they will survive what would kill you with ease and laugh it off like it was nothing. Even with the coming nerfs.
    Math Time ! (btw I was wrong, I have 55% base armor)

Hit that would deal 3 milion of total damage will do:
    after my armor reduction: 1 350 000 damage
    with armor + block: 324 000 - damage (513 000 base block so only like 20% of the time)

I will mitigate 2 676 000 damage out of 3 mil hit - That's 89,2% damage reduction

Now add continouos casts of 1mil+ ignore pains that heals me also for 1% HP per 10 rage

Now before you start your hurr durr mah pawssuve mitogationz:

I did not take into account MY passives - (30% armor buff, angerboda procs, neck enchant, versatility etc.)

YES, Guardian druid is stupidly good because of it's built in-for all occasions mitigations + high health pool and a lot of CDs to use

but that being said, if the damage is blockable, warrior WILL mitigate more

(and I love people with HC scorpyron beeing their peak of pve progress to talk about classes, they don't even play)
    Last edited by mmoc098c331c43; 2017-05-27 at 03:57 PM.

(and I love people with HC scorpyron beeing their peak of pve progress to talk about classes, they don't even play)
    Watch out people, we got us a big dick swinging here.

tfw acting elitist when couldn't even kill star-augur b4 7.2

Playing some tanks takes skill, playing others doesn't - they are on autopilot. I won't name classes here, everyone seems to know which is which. Grats to all the guilds that need an autopilot tank to progress.