Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    its because blizzard made raiding boring by homogenizing all classes and simplifying rotations and allowing shit like 28 alt clears a possibility

Deleted
    Who cares ?

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Oh dear, you completely missed the point.
    Oh dear you are just a salty nostalgia fanboi.

Infracted
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2017-05-22 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Oh dear you are just a salty nostalgia fanboi.
    Well, that didn't take you long now did it; ad hominem right away!

Worth a report, I reckon

Because I'm such a nice guy, I'll simplify the point so even you can understand it: While Legion has more content (as I said before) and is generally a better xpac, I feel there's too much focus on quantity, rather than quality. A 'smokescreen' of content, hot air, if you will.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2017-05-22 at 01:39 PM.

World quests suck. Also, what happened to this "Thousand" different world quest nonsense? I swear, it's the same exact quests every day for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    This is why you are not in the position of getting world #1 *joke*

Instead of pumping endless AP in one char, it makes a lot more sense of course to bring all your raid relevant twinks also to concordance 1. But it should be quite unavoidable to get somewhat around paragon 6 to 7 automatically on your main char at the time ToS opens.

But I dont want to read something like "the other guilds members have +3 traits more on average, thats why we loose" in the next race.

Haha, well we're not in the position to push for world 1 regardless since we only evening raid.

Considering AK and what not by the time ToS releases I think 58-ish+ traits is doable but we'll see. It's a very minimal gain either ways.
    Boomkin/Mage/Whatever in Fatsharkyes

Quote Originally Posted by Rockerjompa View Post
    When did Exorsus go casual?
    "Basically we’re discussing to go casual. WoW now takes too much time and our goals are reached somehow. We’re not interested in spending so much time anymore and get nothing in return. Of course you may become a boosting guild, but that’s not something we’re interested in."

http://raiders-tavern.com/exorsus-di...casual-201702/

Deleted
    The top end guild i am in (raiding 5 days a week, 4,5 hours per night), is facing some problems too with the AP grind. We are at 3/10 mythic now, but have a hard time killing Krosus. People even have the new golden trait. Guess we need even more AP to kill him sigh. But hey no whining, you are a top end guild or not i guess...

Quote Originally Posted by dender View Post
    The top end guild i am in (raiding 5 days a week, 4,5 hours per night), is facing some problems too with the AP grind. We are at 3/10 mythic now, but have a hard time killing Krosus. People even have the new golden trait. Guess we need even more AP to kill him sigh. But hey no whining, you are a top end guild or not i guess...
    Nice one m8.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    World quests suck. Also, what happened to this "Thousand" different world quest nonsense? I swear, it's the same exact quests every day for the most part.
    Yep, which is why I call it hot air. Sure, it's content, technically. But is it worthwhile content? Is it enjoyable? Would it be fair to consider NH LFR, Normal, Heroic and Mythic 4 kinds of content?

I don't think so. World Quests are bland, boring and trivial with exception of AP. I'm sure barely anyone would do them if fun was the only motivating reason.

At the complete opposite side of the spectrum we have the mage tower bosses. Now that's content worth talking about. It's fun, moderately challenging and you know what's even more interesting? It's content people do without requiring that carrot, because it's interesting.

M+ is a great start. Now they have to make it interesting and fun. Rather than "which comp is best at zerging".

Quote Originally Posted by dender View Post
    I almost bit and then saw your post history is nothing but shitposting

TBC had 7 raids, gear tiers have nothing to do with content.

Karazhan
    SSC
    TK
    MH
    BT
    SWPT
    Zul Aman

Regardless, it's obvious that Legion has most content when you compare sheer quantity. But, imho, quality matters more. Can you consider world quests content? I don't; they're boring, trivial and only done for AP and the emissary chest.

M+ is great and I have been talking about such a system since tbc. The only thing I think Blizzard failed on (massively) is the timer (which they acknowledged and will be changing) and the focus on trash which is nigh unanimously considered the least fun thing about dungeons and raids.

Anyway, Legion is a nice xpac. But with the nice, came so, so much shit. It's a shame.
    I dont feel the number of raids is that important, up to the point that raids just become to big. Like getting 3 small raids with 3-3-4 bosses for me atleast would feel about the same amout of content as getting one bigger raid with 10 bosses in a tier.

Regarding WQ's, yes they are content, just as dailies were content in other expansions. But i feel that in both quantity and quality WQ's deliver more than dailies in the past. Sure not all WQ's are designed well, but neither were dailies. In the end it just comes down to do you like WQ's (and dailies in the past), then Legion is better than any other expansion regarding daily quests. If you don't like WQ's (or dailies for that matter in the past) then it won't make much difference and you wont all of a sudden like them now and then just don't do them

And surely legion has some negatives, all expansions had in the past. But to me atleast compared to WoD it revitalised the game alot for me. In WoD i was raidlogging after like 2 months for the rest the expansion (bar the few content releases), now i'm not even close to that because theres atleast always something to do, let it be some WQ's (i don't really dislike them), some M+, some EN/TOV runs, and some of the content i havent even touched yet this expansion on quite alot of my chars.
    Last edited by chronia; 2017-05-22 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    I dont feel the number of raids is that important, up to the point that raids just become to big. Like getting 3 small raids with 3-3-4 bosses for me atleast would feel about the same amout of content as getting one bigger raid with 10 bosses in a tier.

Regarding WQ's, yes they are content, just as dailies were content in other expansions. But i feel that in both quantity and quality WQ's deliver more than dailies in the past. Sure not all WQ's are designed well, but neither were dailies. In the end it just comes down to do you like WQ's (and dailies in the past), then Legion is better than any other expansion regarding daily quests. If you don't like WQ's (or dailies for that matter in the past) then it won't make much difference and you wont all of a sudden like them now and then just don't do them

And surely legion has some negatives, all expansions had in the past. But to me atleast compared to WoD it revitalised the game alot for me. In WoD i was raidlogging after like 2 months for the rest the expansion (bar the few content releases), now i'm not even close to that because theres atleast always something to do, let it be some WQ's (i don't really dislike them), some M+, some EN/TOV runs, and some of the content i havent even touched yet this expansion on quite alot of my chars.
    I'm not sure why you keep comparing WQs to dailies in your quotes of my replies; I never mentioned them.

But since you put so much emphasis on them, I'll reply accordingly. Yes, WQs and dailies are basically the same type of (lazy, ill designed) content. As I said in my previous reply, they are contenct, technically. I just don't consider it as such because they're bland, ill designed and nothing more than time-sinks.

LFR, Normal, Heroic and Mythic, technically 4 types of content.

Quantity matters much less, when you surrender this much quality.

Quantity matters much less, when you surrender this much quality.
    then why if quality matters so much 3 raid modes toghether cant beat lfr in participation ratio ?

because its bs - majority of playerbase care only about quantity

Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    "Basically we’re discussing to go casual. WoW now takes too much time and our goals are reached somehow. We’re not interested in spending so much time anymore and get nothing in return. Of course you may become a boosting guild, but that’s not something we’re interested in."

http://raiders-tavern.com/exorsus-di...casual-201702/
    They were discussing it but they're still doing tons of split runs in NH, and they haven't said officially that they're going casual yet.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    then why if quality matters so much 3 raid modes toghether cant beat lfr in participation ratio ?

because its bs - majority of playerbase care only about quantity
    There are many reasons for that. One might be accessibility; for many players, LFR is the only source of raid gear. Another might be that LFR is also done by heroic and mythic raiders once a week for AP, Runes and Legenaries. So one way or the other, LFR caters to everyone, while heroic to a small part of the player base and mythic to barely anyone.

It's safe to assume that people would do content as long as it's fun, right? Raid participation has diminished since the introduction of m+. NH saw a small increase, I assume due to the fact that it's the only source of Tier pieces. Nevertheless, still very low compared to m+ participation.

What if m+ would have a chance of awarding tier pieces? What doe you think would happen to raiding and why?

I know I wouldn't raid anymore. Fuck that logistic nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post

Bullshit, boosting is a big part of almost any half-decent russian guild.

Well, that didn't take you long now did it; ad hominem right away!

Worth a report, I reckon

Because I'm such a nice guy, I'll simplify the point so even you can understand it: While Legion has more content (as I said before) and is generally a better xpac, I feel there's too much focus on quantity, rather than quality. A 'smokescreen' of content, hot air, if you will.
    It's just a minor infraction. My third in all these 5 years. And you know what? Even if I get banned I can still use the forums and get my info. Also, you can see clearly how important my account is. Which is next to unimportant considering how many posts I've made over the years compared to you.

Also nice edit, bet you edit your replies a lot to hide your insults people as much as possible since you enjoy seeing them banned while trying to talk back to you. #Lmao

It's safe to assume that people would do content as long as it's fun, right? Raid participation has diminished since the introduction of m+. NH saw a small increase, I assume due to the fact that it's the only source of Tier pieces. Nevertheless, still very low compared to m+ participation.

What if m+ would have a chance of awarding tier pieces? What doe you think would happen to raiding and why?

I know I wouldn't raid anymore. Fuck that logistic nightmare.
    Maybe in a fantasy land where free time is unlimited sure.

Unfortunately we don't live in that kind of world. People quit all the time for lot's of reasons, a very common one being that top-end raiding demands a lot of hours per day out of your schedule.

I doubt raiding will ever not be fun for me, but I can guarantee you that eventually I just won't be able to keep devoting so much of my time to it if the Legion AP/legendary model continues into future expansion.

Everyone has their breaking point, and for a top end guild, it only takes a handful of people quitting all at the same time to basically be the death of the guild.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

LFR, Normal, Heroic and Mythic, technically 4 types of content.
    In my opinion a raid or a dungeon this is a piece of Content, tuned multiple different difficulties. Not a piece of content per diffculty.

It's safe to assume that people would do content as long as it's fun, right?
    You can't safely assume this, even if the content is shit, if theres a rewards at the end that ppl are interested in there will be ppl that do that content.

Lets you can get a super nice looking unique mount from herbing a million starlight roses, there will be some ppl that go and get that mount, altough herbing a million starlight roses can hardly be called entertaining content.
    Last edited by chronia; 2017-05-22 at 06:10 PM.