Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    snip
    Why do people care about achievements? Why do people care about pets? Why do people care about doing Mythic raiding? Why do people care about leveling?

Perhaps it is very simple - because they enjoy it.
    Well, I would assume they enjoy the journey of them.
    - Achievements in themselves would be useless if they weren't a journey or somewhat difficult to "achieve"
    - Pets and their battles are also something you have to progress through. Would people care as much about pet battles if they simply received every single battle pet in rare & lvl 25 as soon as they collected one of them?
    - Mythic Raiding would be absolutely no fun and not enjoyable if you went in and one-shot every single boss right from the bat. You have to work towards it by progressing through boss encounters.

It is very difficult for me to understand this attitude of "I want everything now without putting any effort into it because ... well because I want it". Don't you guys think like 2 meters ahead and realize that if you got that, then the game would be basically over immediately?

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I'm a firm believer in "If you want something, work for it".

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Well, I would assume they enjoy the journey of them.
    - Achievements in themselves would be useless if they weren't a journey or somewhat difficult to "achieve"
    - Pets and their battles are also something you have to progress through. Would people care as much about pet battles if they simply received every single battle pet in rare & lvl 25 as soon as they collected one of them?
    - Mythic Raiding would be absolutely no fun and not enjoyable if you went in and one-shot every single boss right from the bat. You have to work towards it by progressing through boss encounters.

It is very difficult for me to understand this attitude of "I want everything now without putting any effort into it because ... well because I want it". Don't you guys think like 2 meters ahead and realize that if you got that, then the game would be basically over immediately?

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I'm a firm believer in "If you want something, work for it".
    But everyone is working for their prestiges, makes no sense that you have to go through such trivial boring grind over and over again if you want a skin colour.

And I'm old fashioned as well, been here since the start of Vanilla. And I need to say, most of the grinds Blizzards adds to this game is mindless boring shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamez View Post
    I believe it is because of the gold/AP rewards in most levels, all the other rewards are account wide.
    Just give the AP/gold to the character that happened to ding the new rank... Not hard to do.

"Oh, I'm about to hit rank 35, this rank gives me an AP token, I'm going to go do it on this character because he needs the AP".
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    What do you think about account wide prestige?

My solution would be when you start a new level of prestige all your alts at 110 would start off from that prestige rank.
    You could then switch and level to next rank on a different alt but I would not support say for example:

I am at level 32 at prestige 3 and I switch to Monk (or any other max character) and it's also at 32 at prestige 3. If I had not played on it since
    hitting prestige 3 it would be at level 1 prestige 3. I feel my solution is a compromise.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Pvp prestige should be account-wide...the first level to unlock all the talents should be earned on a per-toon basis but after that the prestige bar should be shared between all your toons. The point of it, imho, is to show the prowess of the player, not the toon, therefore it should be shared to reflect that.

Grinding honor for every toon after lvl 1 is actually pointless, now if they added some type of meaningful incentive after lvl 1 it would be a different conversation.