Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How are people accepting the amount of CC we got right now..?

Just tried the new brawl again after a week not playing and once again, the amount of CC i'm having to deal with is unbearable.
    I immediatly wanted to log off again. Seriously. Go in a group fight and you will get perma stunned most of the times.

I remember PvP being in a bad state, but it hasn't been this bad ever.

How come people aren't complaining about this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    People don't but there isnt much we can do about it. You're right though, PVP has never been as bad as it is now.

I think people gave up complaining about it

The funny part is the removed a lot of it, yet they also took the ability to escape it, so it feels like it's more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Because it's not a problem for 99.9999% of the playerbase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    The funny part is the removed a lot of it, yet they also took the ability to escape it, so it feels like it's more.
    It's stun, root, stun root. I got 3 CC removals and yet that isn't enough. Seriously how blizzard isn't thinking "Well maybe change that ASAP"
    Nooo, it's gonna be "Well next expansion they can enjoy some new changes, so let em wait 2 years"

There was more cc in the game before, like in mop or cata. You only feel like it is alot becuase you are in a brawl where every one just throw their cc out shit random. I feel alot of classes could get more of their escapes and cc back from the pruning! My opinion though!

Deleted
    Make a tv ad about it maybe a lot more WoW players will hear about your plight.

It's stun, root, stun root. I got 3 CC removals and yet that isn't enough. Seriously how blizzard isn't thinking "Well maybe change that ASAP"
    Nooo, it's gonna be "Well next expansion they can enjoy some new changes, so let em wait 2 years"
    Everything is on DR, so it's not anywhere close to permanent. Frustrating, sure, but that's why you have your team to peel and CC them to stop their CC on your team. Play better and you'll do better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Everything is on DR, so it's not anywhere close to permanent. Frustrating, sure, but that's why you have your team to peel and CC them to stop their CC on your team. Play better and you'll do better.
    Ye tell that to random bgs.

What do you seriously expect from random BGs? Everyone is in the same boat there, and on the opposite side you're basically permanently on DR because people overlap CC all the time. Do Rated and play with people you can communicate with if it annoys you that much.

3v3 is the only place where they "kind of" care, you want to dominate random bgs, queue with 3 healers and have them keep u up while u dish it out.

There's very little CC now compared to 2 expansions ago when PVP was infinitely more popular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm, CC's are needed in PvP and it isn't that bad unless you haven't unlocked talents, of course. And even so, being Full CC'd in PvP I feel is rare...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Uhm, CC's are needed in PvP and it isn't that bad unless you haven't unlocked talents, of course. And even so, being Full CC'd in PvP I feel is rare...
    Yes at times it starts to feel like it's a bit high, but then I remember that I always heal BG's, and its to be expected that I end up with the lions share of it. Now I just wish my pally still had rebuke as holy, would prefer that to be an option on our CC talent tir.

Just tried the new brawl again after a week not playing and once again, the amount of CC i'm having to deal with is unbearable.
    I immediatly wanted to log off again. Seriously. Go in a group fight and you will get perma stunned most of the times.

... Because there really isn't that much CC.

In fact comparatively the amount of CC right now is about half of what it was in mop.

I'm a ret paladin so I never have a problem being CC'd by just one person. When it's multiple people I tend to just give up because I can't move, so there's not really any point to resisting. There used to be moderate CC, people whined there was too much so it got nerfed. Then later on in the game's life, people said "where's our CC!?" and they gave it back. Now people are complaining there's too much, and this time they're actually right. Blizzard has this habit of trying to adhere to the playerbase but they end up overdoing it and going to one extreme or the other. There's no middle ground with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's not that much. /thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Yes at times it starts to feel like it's a bit high, but then I remember that I always heal BG's, and its to be expected that I end up with the lions share of it. Now I just wish my pally still had rebuke as holy, would prefer that to be an option on our CC talent tir.
    Man, I miss rebuke as holy.. And yes, healers have always been the feast for the den..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The only class that i would say have too much CC are rogues.

But even so, most classes have ways to break cc or just become immune to it.

You were probably alone or the focus of the enemy team, if thats the case you can only blame yourself or your team mates.

I invite you to try a 1v1 against a rogue in vanilla and then a 10v10 skirmiish today and tell me which one has you more stunlocked.

In my experience? The 1v1 vanilla fight, every time. All my encounters back then was literally to sit back for ten to fifteen seconds and watch another player slice me to pieces, because I had no options and no DR to protect me.

Today, that only happens against coordinated groups. I only heal in PvP these days, and unless I'm against a coordinated premade, I hardly ever experience heavy CC. Again, this is a healer, an important target, not feeling heavy CC unless three to four players are actively focusing me and rotating control effects.

So, yeah, PvP has most definitely been in a worse state