15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The same is every bit as true for those heroes as you think it is for snipers. Yet, you hate on snipers, but not on those. Because it's cool to hate on snipers.
    Because you can be average on a non-sniper and still be valuable to your team. You can't say the same about snipers.

You are biased for snipers and I am biased against them. We will have to agree to disagree.
    Last edited by xerus; 2017-05-22 at 02:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got to diamond last night, only took 3 instances of getting within 10 pts only to drop 100ish right after. Now I just have to hope the season ends before the decay sets in.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    Finally got to diamond last night, only took 3 instances of getting within 10 pts only to drop 100ish right after. Now I just have to hope the season ends before the decay sets in.
    Decay won't drop you below Diamond. 3000 is the minimum you decay to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Decay won't drop you below Diamond. 3000 is the minimum you decay to.
    That's what I've heard but I did see some people say they dropped lower while I was looking up how it works, I figure it's probably a bug or user error but still...

This is not aimbot. This is not anything. This was a "lucky" shot in low skill tiers and an average shot in higher skill tiers. For one - projectile aimbots are extremely unreliable to the point where they were treated as a joke. You were standing completely still and he had a solid .75-1s to adjust his x-hair. Posting things like this and acting as if its blatant cheating is so incredibly counter-productive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by proralph View Post
    These throws were due to incompetent game play or connectivity issues? Cuz 3v4 is actually tough to win
    What? My team had 3 people left, me included, the enemy team had four people left, we lost big time.

The disconnection happened right after the second point, they had about 2 minutes left and managed to kill the three of us and cap fairly quickly, so we had twice their time to try and push the pay-load towards the first point. We made it to about the first choke, but couldn't do much from there since they had one person more than us.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you do I wouldn't judge comp by the games you are going to get right now.

Season 4 ends in about a week and the quality of the games has dropped significantly..
    Then I guess I'll wait anyway, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny how my rating jumps so much in this game. After placements at start of season I landed at 2.7k. After playing for a while i go to 2970, almost diamond. Then all of a sudden I get the biggest losing streak ever, landing around 2.4k, fucking up my incentive to play ranked for half of the season. This friday (3 days ago) I decided to play again for fun and now I'm at 3.4k, almost master.

My point is, sometimes I could grind for weeks and barely go up 200 rating, but then all of a sudden I can go on a winning streak one or two evenings and go up 1k rating.

Because you can be average on a non-sniper and still be valuable to your team. You can't say the same about snipers.

You are biased for snipers and I am biased against them. We will have to agree to disagree.
    Yes you can. An average Hanzo will still know when to ult, to combine it with other ults, and to aim to take out the healers.

Personally, I actually love having Widowmakers when I'm Mercy. They always usually give me a point to jump to when I'm trying to escape, or just so I can swoop around rather than get pinned down.

It shouldn't, but even if it does, it doesn't matter. You get points based on your highest ranking overall, not your current.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It shouldn't, but even if it does, it doesn't matter. You get points based on your highest ranking overall, not your current.
    Wait really? I always ended on my high so I just assumed it was based on your current.
    Last edited by xChurch; 2017-05-22 at 08:40 PM.

Wait really? I always ended on my high so I just assumed it was based on your current.
    Yep. It works that way across all Blizzard games as far as I know, Hearthstone has the same system.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/over...page=2#post-33

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. It works that way across all Blizzard games as far as I know, Hearthstone has the same system.
    Oh sweet, Good to know if I bomb out of diamond I'll still get that sweet 1.2k pts, and I can try for master without losing out. I guess it makes sense to avoid people just sitting at 3k the whole season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically, the idea is to get people to stop reaching a milestone and then never playing again for fear of losing that rank and never regaining it.

Worse again since my last post.

The holy trinity of Hanzo WM and Genjis instant lock in happens. Every. Single. Fucking. Comp.

I'm now down from 2050 to 1500. Today, I fought tooth and nail and clawed my way back up to 1608, then I qued and got booted off the OW server, it said I had no internet connection, me browsing on online while attempting to reload says otherwise.

Walked into a 10 minute ban and back to 1503 rating. I very rarely rage, but I went fucking mental.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whole game has sucked today, daytime people are the absolute worst. Weekend or not, they're just awful. Lost 150SR again, not sure I care anymore, every match is same issues; not shooting healers, charging up Zarya with Junk bombs, ignoring Pharah/Tracer/Genji. And every time you multikill some ults, Mercy reses either because she was ignored, or you took her out first and she had time to run back; so basically you have to get her in the group kill or it's pointless. This is what elo hell is, there might be a net steady climb from my SR gains/rewards, but fucking hell, getting the wins to actually make it move is painful.

Also this happened: http://plays.tv/video/59236c2b06b6e0...through-shield Basically, Hooked through my shield, I think because of the activation delay on the shield, and similar delay on the Hook, the Hook was allowed to go through. Really annoying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also this happened: http://plays.tv/video/59236c2b06b6e0...through-shield Basically, Hooked through my shield, I think because of the activation delay on the shield, and similar delay on the Hook, the Hook was allowed to go through. Really annoying.
    You were hooked before your shield hit the ground and formed. Pretty easy to see it in the video.

10+ Year Old Account
    You were hooked before your shield hit the ground and formed. Pretty easy to see it in the video.
    Yeah, took me a couple playthroughs, but the hook clearly passes through BEFORE the shield is there, and since it's a projectile, that's all that matters; it doesn't check if there's a barrier there AFTER you're hooked. Same reason a Zarya bubble on you when you're hit will get the bubble pulled along with you (likely saving you), but won't cancel the pull itself.

Totally legit play.

Deleted
    Whole game has sucked today, daytime people are the absolute worst. Weekend or not, they're just awful. Lost 150SR again, not sure I care anymore, every match is same issues; not shooting healers, charging up Zarya with Junk bombs, ignoring Pharah/Tracer/Genji. And every time you multikill some ults, Mercy reses either because she was ignored, or you took her out first and she had time to run back; so basically you have to get her in the group kill or it's pointless. This is what elo hell is, there might be a net steady climb from my SR gains/rewards, but fucking hell, getting the wins to actually make it move is painful.

Those same healer ignorers and brainless Junkrats are more often in your opposing team than in your team in the long run so it should not be a problem.

Oh, and if you look at the video the hook 100% CLEARLY hits you before the shield is actually down. It worked just as I would expect it to work.

Deleted
    I haven’t bothered with comp this season, played one game – which I won, to my amazement - and haven't bothered with it since.

I play Mystery Hero brawl and it’s 10 times better. Sometimes the dice rolls in your favor and you get a good mix of heroes, other times it doesn’t – RNG is RNG – but I’d rather the numbers f*cked me over than random idiots who really don’t care about the team in comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidders View Post
    I haven’t bothered with comp this season, played one game – which I won, to my amazement - and haven't bothered with it since.

I play Mystery Hero brawl and it’s 10 times better. Sometimes the dice rolls in your favor and you get a good mix of heroes, other times it doesn’t – RNG is RNG – but I’d rather the numbers f*cked me over than random idiots who really don’t care about the team in comp.
    mystery heroes is loads of fun! only thing that triggers me is when you die and your ult is up.