Page 69 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The inconsistency is what irks me the most.

At the season 5 finale, Lucifer had the power to destroy half the planet and kill Castiel (a Seraph) with the snap of his fingers. At this season's finale, he could barely handle Mary (he may be having fun but why not just snap fingers and be done with it), he couldn't see that Crowley had escaped and entered a mouse (regular angels can perceive demons). I mean Lucifer (when in Castiel's body) was killing angels left right and center just by waving and snapping during season 11.

I know you can't just kill off Dean or Sam as it would ruin the show, but at least the writers should try to make the plot believable rather than making it convenient such as Lucifer deciding to fool around rather than outright killing them from a distance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    my theory is that the 2 worlds will somehow merge; and all the people we thought dead will come back - in the alternate world we know there is a massive war between angels and demons going on
    I hope not, I don't want to see alternate versions of old characters. Personally I hope that we never see that alternate world or Lucifer again. I like the idea that the Winchesters just saved their world but doomed another by adding a 2nd Lucifer to the mix (I feel like for the world to have gotten into that state Lucifer and Michael have to be going at it apocalypse style), it shows that their actions aren't without consequences. The reason I don't want Lucifer back is because he is far too powerful and they cant kill him and now they cant even cage him again, so short of God intervening or them releasing Michael any win they get is just gonna be some corny plot device.

but from the finale we know that regular angel blades cannot kill archangels, which leads me to think that the big 4 are still alive in the alternate world. now if they were able to get to the current world it would certainly be interesting and would lead to a Gabriel inspired cartoon episode. I am kinda thinking that season 13 will be the last season
    Nope, I think that was just an inconsistency/retcon to make Lucifer seem more powerful. When Lucifer killed Gabriel he used an angel blade, they are both archangels so there is no reason for Lucifer to have survived it. Also, surely Cas would have known that an angel blade was no good against Lucifer, personally I think that whole last scene was a mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stripesrus View Post
    The inconsistency is what irks me the most.

At the season 5 finale, Lucifer had the power to destroy half the planet and kill Castiel (a Seraph) with the snap of his fingers. At this season's finale, he could barely handle Mary (he may be having fun but why not just snap fingers and be done with it), he couldn't see that Crowley had escaped and entered a mouse (regular angels can perceive demons). I mean Lucifer (when in Castiel's body) was killing angels left right and center just by waving and snapping during season 11.

I know you can't just kill off Dean or Sam as it would ruin the show, but at least the writers should try to make the plot believable rather than making it convenient such as Lucifer deciding to fool around rather than outright killing them from a distance.
    They didn't really dig into it directly, but there's at least plausible explanations for Lucifer's apparent reduction in power;

1> Crowley's incorporation of the Cage wards into his body might still be holding him way, way back, even if he turned around the control factor.
    2> He may just be spiritually exhausted. He WAS basically brought back from the dead.
    3> Fathering the Antichrist may have "used up" a lot of his "oomph", investing it into the child. Which may be a big reason he wants to control the kid; since otherwise he's weakened himself for nothing.

Probably other explanations, too. He may be as unkillable as ever, but he may not be as strong as he once was, legitimately.

Now to wait for Netflix to binge this

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    Nope, I think that was just an inconsistency/retcon to make Lucifer seem more powerful. When Lucifer killed Gabriel he used an angel blade, they are both archangels so there is no reason for Lucifer to have survived it. Also, surely Cas would have known that an angel blade was no good against Lucifer, personally I think that whole last scene was a mess.
    Lucifer killed Gabriel with Gabriel's blade - an archangel's blade. it might be an inconsistency but I doubt it. as for Castiel, he might not have known - I don't think many angels who tried to kill Lucifer even got close enough to stick him with an angel blade, and those that did probably didnt live to tell the world about it not working

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    I hope not, I don't want to see alternate versions of old characters. Personally I hope that we never see that alternate world or Lucifer again. I like the idea that the Winchesters just saved their world but doomed another by adding a 2nd Lucifer to the mix (I feel like for the world to have gotten into that state Lucifer and Michael have to be going at it apocalypse style), it shows that their actions aren't without consequences. The reason I don't want Lucifer back is because he is far too powerful and they cant kill him and now they cant even cage him again, so short of God intervening or them releasing Michael any win they get is just gonna be some corny plot device.

He used an Archangel's blade. That's why.

Plausibility of Jack resurrecting Cas in s13e1, possibility of giving him an upgrade in the process (e.g. Archangel)? The kid is immensely powerful, so it stands to reason that he could have some "God"-like powers.

But that would be such lazy writing, though. Even I don't like my own idea lol.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Deleted
    Why would he do that though? He seems evil, judging by his nasty grin.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think the whole season, or at least a part of it, will be a battle over him aka will he go good or evil. He will definitely resurrect Cass as he was kind of his "father figure" protecting him and making sure he was born.

I hope next season is the last season and they go all out, bring everyone, and i mean EVERYONE back via split universe and have a merry ole goodbye and go all out with some classic tunes and baby front and center.

Free up Jensen to play the Marvel role he was born to play

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    As much as I love Jensen, I don't think he's that great of an actor. He does well in Supernatural, but the other movies he's been in... well, he was nice to look at.

Maybe branching out will give him better experience.
    My bloody valentine? haha. He hasn't been in many to be fair. Would be interesting to see him with a good director

As much as I love Jensen, I don't think he's that great of an actor. He does well in Supernatural, but the other movies he's been in... well, he was nice to look at.

He was good in Under the Red Hood.

Okay, I caught up. Realized I was way burnt out on season 11, had a strong finish. Season 12 wasn't terrible, that last episode though... The British Men of Letters storyline was terrible however, literally the worst quality writing I've seen on the show. Seemed hokey at best, like a bad 007 ripoff. The show simply doesn't have the budget to pull of that final fight scene. Season 12 was salvaged for me due to all the other quality side stories, they seemed better than usual. In other seasons I'd sometimes be tempted to skip the episodes that didn't focus on the main storyline, because they were hit or miss.

I read somewhere that Cas is for sure coming back, but Crowley isn't? Crowley was my favorite character on the show. And Rowena. Fitting ending (saving his friends) but still. Rowena didn't even get an on-camera death :/

Last scene was disappointing, had a Darkness 2.0 vibe. Lemme guess, the kid is evil after all? *eyeroll* Hope they don't go that route.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    That parallel world could actually be a great way to "soft reboot" the series, have some big shit happen in current world, make it blow up with Lucifer Jr (and maybe even daddy if they're going to reopen that portal) and most current characters. Have the main ones + a few important characters escape to another world. Boom, new world with lots of different new rules, where they'd start solving cases again without going "let's kill whatever it is with our weapons that can kill almost whatever".
    I think it could work. It's very Mad Max-esque, though. Not sure if they would differentiate enough for there not to be some sort of intellectual property issue.

10+ Year Old Account

to be fair the movie roles he's gotten havent been much to begin with, so it may be unfair to judge his acting chops based off of such shit scripts
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    to be fair the movie roles he's gotten havent been much to begin with, so it may be unfair to judge his acting chops based off of such shit scripts
    His acting has really improved over the last decade, I just rewatched season 1 episode 1 to see how much has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    His acting has really improved over the last decade, I just rewatched season 1 episode 1 to see how much has changed.
    To be fair. Acting is usually meh in Pilot episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    can't wait for Supernatural to start again. am particularly excited to see what Lucifer will face on the other side

can't wait for Supernatural to start again. am particularly excited to see what Lucifer will face on the other side
    If I had to guess it would be a bobby 2.0 with HOPEFULLY Jo and Ellen. And of course Dean and Sams opposite clones

Just please bring back Jo....she purty.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh god... please not Jo. She was so cringey and annoying.
    I doubt they will bring someone back from Season 5 - thats too big a gap. I am guessing the other 3 archangels, or hell even the AU version of Lucifer. Could be Amara, the Leviathans. all I heard was that Lucifer quickly discovers he may not be the most powerful being on the other side