Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gully Man View Post
    No it's a worrying statistic that only 20% are managing to pass the course. Even accounting for the 25% who couldn't finish it that still leaves a large percentage who aren't passing it.
    2/10 for a level of swedish needed for college... that doesn't mean the rest learn 0....

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    2/10 for a level of swedish needed for college... that doesn't mean the rest learn 0....
    I didn't say they did learn 0. The course corresponds to B2 on the european common framework for languages so if they're not passing it they lie somewhere between A1-B1, which means they're either a basic user or lower intermediate. Personally i don't think the issue is that they can't speak any form of Swedish (most if not all will speak it at some level), it's that they're not passing the course. The course isn't that hard so it needs to be properly looked at as to why so many don't get the grade to go on to college.
    Last edited by Gully Man; 2017-05-22 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully Man View Post
    I didn't say they did learn 0. The course corresponds to B2 on the european common framework for languages, so if they're not passing it they lie somewhere between A1-B1, which means they're either a basic user or lower intermediate. Personally i don't think the issue is that they can't speak any form of Swedish (most if not all will speak it at some level), it's that they're not passing the course. The course isn't that hard so it needs to be properly looked at as to why so many don't get the grade to go on to college.
    "the course isn't that hard" okay... well not everyone learns a language the same.

What's the problem with people being of an intermediate level? I would think that's a fantastic thing. It also doesn't seem like the course is that many hours so...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    Why do we still care about Sweden? It's fucked.

If you see video's where Swedish people (especially women but also men) get interviewed on the street, they literally say that everything all migrants cause is not an immigrant but a man's problem etc etc. They are so indoctrinated with the anti racist speech that they WILL ruin Sweden to no existence, no exception possible.
    You should care cus Feminazistan is the spearhead of feminism in the west and the future of all of the west/world if men dont start to vote on the opposite of what western bitches vote for.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-05-22 at 06:28 PM.

"the course isn't that hard" okay... well not everyone learns a language the same.

What's the problem with people being of an intermediate level? I would think that's a fantastic thing. It also doesn't seem like the course is that many hours so...
    While not everyone learns it the same they get more than enough time. They do it for 2-3 years, three years being the maximum you're allowed before having to complete the course (you can complete it sooner if you're a fast learner). If they're doing the low amount of 13 hours a week that they were complaining about over a 35 week school year then that's 1365 hours of learning. To get to B2 standard requires 500-600 hours on average. Bearing in mind only a portion were complaining of not having enough hours a lot are probably doing the 25 hours a week full time schedule which means 2625 hours of learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Tram View Post
    You should care cus Feminazistan is the spearhead of feminism in the west and the future of all of the west/world if men dont start to vote on the opposite of what western bitches vote for.
    Well women aren't the ones committing all the crimes regardless of race men are, also Swedish men aren't crime free.

Mass immigration without integration. Sweden will pay dearly for it.

Deleted
    It's a gift that keeps on giving.

Many people with immigrant backgrounds in Holland are still not speaking Dutch as their first language.
    Some are even THIRD generation - so their parents were born here - and they speak "their own" language at home and amongst each other.

Moroccans are an infamous example of this happening. They often still speak some sort of broken Dutch, with a thick arab accent.
    (And then they complain no one hires them >.>)

Deleted
    You better not live in America because America doesn't have an official language.
    As it does not have its own culture. The whole thread long you are comparing apples to pears.
    People arent demanding that those migrants speak flawless fluent (insert random language here) after a certain time. But a medium level and the will to improve it shouldnt be to much to ask.
    Also, you seem to fail to understand that this isn't just about the language barrier. Welfare for example works differently than in the US. There is no need to put any effort in integration or actually seeking a job and "better" life. Just show up once a while and you get your welfare money (and other bonus) on your bank account.
    Sounds cool, huh?
    It is nice that multiculture works for you, but it doesn't in europe, because it can't.

Deleted
    No one should be surprised. I can visit the Turkish/Moroccan neighborhoods in Belgian cities and see 3rd/4th generation immigrants who still only speak the native language of their ancestors.

If I take public transport in Brussels, I am not always sure whether any of the other passengers speaks Dutch. It's mostly an amalgam of Middle-Eastern/North-African languages.

Why would it be any different in Sweden :x
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2017-05-22 at 03:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    No one should be surprised. I can visit the Turkish/Moroccan neighborhoods in Belgian cities and see 3rd/4th generation immigrants who still only speak the native language of their ancestors.

If I take public transport in Brussels, I am not always sure whether any of the other passengers speaks Dutch. It's mostly an amalgam of Middle-Eastern/North-African languages.

Why would it be any different in Sweden :x
    I can add my experience from Austria, as @Deruyter did with the Netherlands. Those examples all have one thing in common: people from muslim countries. I know someone from US, Spain, GB, Croatia and Russia (real russians, not tchetchens) who all did their best to learn german. Some better than others, but they learned because they wanted to. Yet you see for example Turks in third or sometimes fourth generation, who speak german (but cant write without major errors) and have a strong thick accent.

As example, one of my closest friend is of chinese decent, yet speaks german fluently, also 3 austrian dialects too. I wonder why... /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    As it does not have its own culture. The whole thread long you are comparing apples to pears.
    People arent demanding that those migrants speak flawless fluent (insert random language here) after a certain time. But a medium level and the will to improve it shouldnt be to much to ask.
    Also, you seem to fail to understand that this isn't just about the language barrier. Welfare for example works differently than in the US. There is no need to put any effort in integration or actually seeking a job and "better" life. Just show up once a while and you get your welfare money (and other bonus) on your bank account.
    Sounds cool, huh?
    It is nice that multiculture works for you, but it doesn't in europe, because it can't.
    In this thread the OP thing says the number of people who reached a certani level... basically college level. And people bitching about these immigrants daring to not reach college level swedish within a certain time frame.

In this thread the OP thing says the number of people who reached a certani level... basically college level. And people bitching about these immigrants daring to not reach college level swedish within a certain time frame.
    You're hung up on the whole "college level" thing as though they're expected to walk around talking like the native 15-18 year olds. Passing the exam doesn't in any way mean you're anywhere close to being the standard of a native at the same level who's about to enter college.

As i said earlier, they're given 2-4 times the amount of hours recommended to learn the language to that standard and they still aren't passing it. So yeah, people are entitled to ask why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    Those who want to live in Sweden. Even I, not living in Sweden, can speak and understand Swedish better than many of those immigrants.
    And me as a swedish understand danish better then most danish immigrants.
    Same with norwegian. Hell, im sure finish people know swedish better than most immigrants haha.

I fail to see your point ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    You would learn the ****ing language if you spent time in the culture and interacted with people, education or not.

13 hours a week is PLENTY if you bother to try to integrate generally as well.
    You have no fucking clue.

I'm an immigrant, I come from a European country, I speak 3 languages, all with latin letters. I have 131 IQ and I have only Swedish friends. I work in a government organisation. Many think that I was born in Sweden because I speak Swedish almost pefectly, but this took YEARS to get to that point, it probably took about 12-13 years before I actually started speaking this well. Still, even after 17 years in Sweden, I still don't speak perfect swedish. I do however speak it much better than many white trash Swedes like the OP.

You might speak what you think, but I'm speaking from first-hand experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    You have no fucking clue.

I'm an immigrant, I come from a European country, I speak 3 languages, all with latin letters. I have 131 IQ and I have only Swedish friends. I work in a government organisation. Many think that I was born in Sweden because I speak Swedish almost pefectly, but this took YEARS to get to that point, it probably took about 12-13 years before I actually started speaking this well. Still, even after 17 years in Sweden, I still don't speak perfect swedish. I do however speak it much better than many white trash Swedes like the OP.

iq? lol why mention iq? try to sound smart?

Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    Right, but how many know English? Sweden is a multilanguage country, where citizens learn both Swedish and English from a young age. I recon if you can speak one of those languages it is enough, as it allows you to talk to any Swede.
    Swedish is the official language. Anyone living in a country should know the official language after a given time. Not only for ease of employment, but for safety/emergency reasons. LEOs/EMS should be able to communicate with you in their country without them needing to know tons of different languages.

If someone can't learn the official language of the country they're living in after 6 years then they need to be sent back. That's a safety and security risk. If I moved to Sweden then I'd expect myself to learn swedish, despite many in sweden knowing how to speak english.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I have been actually living here for ~5 months, started doing an actual course a few weeks ago. While I am obviously still lacking a sufficient vocabulary to communicate in every imaginable situation, I do already find myself being able to communicate without having to switch to English in most everyday situations. Another 5-7 months and I should be fine for the vast majority of cases and maybe be able to study at the university soon.

Not everyone is the same. And yeah, speaking a language (somewhat) perfectly can take years - but that isn't really necessary to be able to communicate with others properly.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-05-22 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    I have been actually living here for ~5 months, started doing an actual course a few weeks ago. While I am obviously still lacking a sufficient vocabulary to communicate in every situation, I find myself being able to communicate without having to switch to English in most everyday situations already. Another 5-7 months and I should be fine for the vast majority of cases.
    Not everyone is the same.
    I did SFI which took 8 months and then Svenska som andraspråk grundläggande (the course the immigrants in the article do) on a 30 week distance learning course not being able to practice my spoken Swedish in a classroom environment. They're not hard courses to pass and don't expect you to be anywhere close to fluent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    But Danish, Norwegian, and Swedish have a high degree of mutual intelligibility, so that seems like an unfair comparison.
    Not at all. If I can speak swedish without studying then they should have no problems when they study.