10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Mobs won't kill themselves if I just keep healing myself.
    They have to die due to natural causes sometime, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Most definitely.
    Though I wonder: with accuracy gone and cleric made a CD. Will we even properly contribute like we do now or will healer DPS be pathetic?
    Given that it will scale from MND, it should remain roughly the same. May take a slight downtick (iirc, current Cleric Stance increases damage by 10%), but given that CS will be a damage cooldown, healer dps should remain about the same.

Edit: 10%, not 20%...20% is the amount it reduces healing (on top of the fact it drops MND into the toilet, so it's like a 90% healing reduction when CS is up).

Uhuh. So every class gets some awkward resource display now?
    I main WHM for 3 years now, I have 0 clue what that display is supposed to depict.
    I seriously hope that not every friggin class will now revolve about some "combo point management". >.<

Still, I'll withhold final judgment until I see it in game.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd heal/tank for you any day, sweetheart.
    Every class has something. It means different things to different classes and is just meant as a way to manage your resources, alert you to certain actions (PLD one changes color and design depending on whether you're in Shield or Sword Oath, WAR one does something similar), and be an easier way to track certain things, like MNK Chakra and Greased Lightning, SMN/SCh Aetherflow stacks, BLM Astral/Umbral Fire/Ice and Enochian. The WHM one specifically build naturally and reduces recast/ casting times and unlocks usage of additional actions.

In general I'm a little disappointed in the number of actions still available, so the amount of button bloat seen in HW will be what we have in SB...which is what they already discussed, but still. Was hoping for fewer buttons. I'm still not 100% sure how the cross class ability revamp works. Not sure if I missed that part of the live letter or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Right. Hopefully it won't devolve to a level where I need to make a macro as a response to such shenanigans.

I expect my blacklist to grow a bit as a result, but I'm also hoping I'm being overly pessimistic...so I'm trying to be optimistic about being too pessimistic. Go figure.
    Don't worry, I think you and I are in the same boat...along with several other people (if not several hundred or thousand).

I'm just gonna go bask in the afterglow with my bahamut egi and let all the negative stuff happen elsewhere

10+ Year Old Account
    They have to die due to natural causes sometime, eh?
    "Thank you, Warrior of Light, for keeping [big bad enemy] occupied for 3 weeks straight - he finally died due lack of nutrients."

>_<

I'm fucking hyped by those new skills.

I'd heal/tank for you any day, sweetheart.
    But we no on same server!!! T-T

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Edit: 10%, not 20%...20% is the amount it reduces healing (on top of the fact it drops MND into the toilet, so it's like a 90% healing reduction when CS is up).
    Yup, it's like "wooo i healed for 300!" and then a level 10 character heals for more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The WHM one specifically build naturally and reduces recast/ casting times and unlocks usage of additional actions.
    Bleargh.
    DO they really need to make every friggin class the same?
    Leave the aetherstack management and associated unique actions to SCH please. >.<

As for the button bloat: they stated a while back that the # of actions will stay roughly the same.

- - - Updated - - -

"Thank you, Warrior of Light, for keeping [big bad enemy] occupied for 3 weeks straight - he finally died due lack of nutrients."
    >_<
    I wonder whether it would be considered torture when the warrior of light eats buff food in front of a starving mob. :O

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    But we no on same server!!! T-T
    Hmm. That sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Official Stormblood Job Actions -video.

- - - Updated - - -

Still plan to keep PLD and AST as my main tank and healer jobs, but no idea about DPS at this point.

Still plan to keep PLD and AST as my main tank and healer jobs, but no idea about DPS at this point.
    PLD last skill when you have Garo shield glamour : "Don't need no weapons, I'm gonna block with my hands!"

Bleargh.
    DO they really need to make every friggin class the same?
    Leave the aetherstack management and associated unique actions to SCH please. >.<

As for the button bloat: they stated a while back that the # of actions will stay roughly the same.
    Yeah, I know what they stated about the bloat, so it's not like it'll be any worse than it is now...but even now it's pretty bad for some classes IMO. Was just "hoping" they would do more than they stated, but meh, it is what it is at this point.

I personally like resource management, even if it feels kind of the same across all classes. It just makes playing the class a little more interesting when you have other things to look/ watch for rather than just hitting a button. I'm with you though, if it makes all classes feel kind of the same, I'm not sure that's the best design, but we'll have to wait and see how the classes all feel with this implemented.

Either way, seeing this made me super excited for Stormblood, and I was already pretty hyped to begin with.

Most definitely.
    Though I wonder: with accuracy gone and cleric made a CD. Will we even properly contribute like we do now or will healer DPS be pathetic?
    Healers will see an overall loss of about 10% of their dps. That loss will be somewhat made up for if they take and use the new Cleric Stance cooldown. But by how much we won't know till we see exactly how much of a buff it is and how long it lasts. With that said, looking at some of the icons of the new shared role actions, healers may NOT even want to take Cleric Stance since several vital skills seem to be in the list such as Protect, Swiftcast, Esuna, Shroud of Saints, and what appears to be the WHM action Divine Seal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I personally like resource management, even if it feels kind of the same across all classes. It just makes playing the class a little more interesting when you have other things to look/ watch for rather than just hitting a button. I'm with you though, if it makes all classes feel kind of the same, I'm not sure that's the best design, but we'll have to wait and see how the classes all feel with this implemented.
    Well mana should matter more than it did in HW, that much I agree on.
    As a healer, I really do NOT want to worry about a secondary resource and forced "rotations" to generate / spend said resource.
    Guess the classical healer gameplay is considered "boring" by today's games. ._.

15+ Year Old Account
    We don't even know exactly how the WHM gauge is going to work. =| All we know is that you can build up healing lilies that will increase casting speed and allow you access to skill. All in all, getting into a tizzy over this is pretty silly until we can sit down and get a chance to play with the new changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really like the "job gauges" since I've no idea where I'd put them on my screen.

All of them are different size and shape, so one same location won't really work either.

The argument that "potions will bring clueless people into high level dungeons" is kinda moot since most people are terrible in FFXIV. I mean in pugs.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't really like the "job gauges" since I've no idea where I'd put them on my screen.

All of them are different size and shape, so one same location won't really work either.
    I think they are seperate, ie the size and place of one won't be the same for the other job.

Homophobia is so gay.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    The argument that "potions will bring clueless people into high level dungeons" is kinda moot since most people are terrible in FFXIV. I mean in pugs.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they are seperate, ie the size and place of one won't be the same for the other job.
    Appear so, since Yoshi had to go into the UI each time for each class he changed to to resize/move them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Yeah, some jobs even having two separate parts - but overall I'd prefer to have pretty much same view on all jobs.

Trying to remember where each job has their gauge is pain, and some gauges simply won't visually work in same location as others.

- - - Updated - - -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    We don't even know exactly how the WHM gauge is going to work. =| All we know is that you can build up healing lilies that will increase casting speed and allow you access to skill. All in all, getting into a tizzy over this is pretty silly until we can sit down and get a chance to play with the new changes.
    I'd say, if it isn't readily apparent how it's going to work, it already failed it's primary purpose of giving information in an easy and quick to read way.
    Unless they redesigned all the classes as harshly as Blizzard did. I hope not, since I quite like my WHM. ._.

I'm pretty excited about the expansion, both in terms of PvE and in terms of the story. Not entirely thrilled by the addition of 'skip' potions but I also figured it was inevitable that they'd add them. Square Enix no doubt decided well in advance that they would be adding them to increase the game's profits. I just hope it doesn't cause them to lower the quality of the storytelling moving forward. I'd hate to see it become the norm for story content to be skipped.