Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    The next big announced RPG for the Switch is Xenoblade 2, and I don't expect that out until December at the earliest.
    If you mean in Japan then ya that is realistic.

But Xenoblade 2 isn't coming to the west until mid next year at lease.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    £80 for a stand alone dock...Is it gold plated?
    Right, Everything for the switch is stupidly overpriced. Wonder how long it will take for 3rd party versions to hit the market and be much cheaper.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Right, Everything for the switch is stupidly overpriced. Wonder how long it will take for 3rd party versions to hit the market and be much cheaper.
    Have they licensed the dock to 3rd parties? The one that comes with it has additional video decoding. You can't just stick a USB-C to HDMI into the Switch and have it work.

If you mean in Japan then ya that is realistic.

But Xenoblade 2 isn't coming to the west until mid next year at lease.
    Well, if you want to get technical, it will come to the west. Unlocalized, thanks to lack of region-locking.

But if Nintendo wants to, they can release the game Worldwide.

But I don't expect it to be out in the west until March 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Have they licensed the dock to 3rd parties? The one that comes with it has additional video decoding. You can't just stick a USB-C to HDMI into the Switch and have it work.
    Don't know and that won't stop Chinese company's from making a knockoff.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Don't know and that won't stop Chinese company's from making a knockoff.
    Right now third party docks are impossible until someone finds out how to reverse engineer the proprietary chips inside of it. That's why all current dock replacements are either a modification of the current dock OR require you to remove the circuit board from a dock and put it inside of the new one.

Of course this will likely change in the future, but it may be a while.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Right now third party docks are impossible until someone finds out how to reverse engineer the proprietary chips inside of it. That's why all current dock replacements are either a modification of the current dock OR require you to remove the circuit board from a dock and put it inside of the new one.

Of course this will likely change in the future, but it may be a while.
    Oh ya I'm not saying it will happen anytime soon, Just that its likely it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    VERY unlikely. Xenoblade 1 already got ported to N3DS. Setsuna is indeed more of a $20 game, I honestly believe it could work on the PSP.
    i wouldnt say its very unlikely, it all depends on whether or not they bring wii vc games to the switch, if they do (and its pretty likely they will) xenoblade 1 will likely be ported to it. granted it probably wont be super soon, but it was on the wiiu vc it'll likely be on switches at some point as well
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i wouldnt say its very unlikely, it all depends on whether or not they bring wii vc games to the switch, if they do (and its pretty likely they will) xenoblade 1 will likely be ported to it. granted it probably wont be super soon, but it was on the wiiu vc it'll likely be on switches at some point as well
    Would Wii games work without the sensor bar? I'm unclear as to whether or not the tech in the joycons work the same way as the Wii controllers did with the sensor bar or not.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Would Wii games work without the sensor bar? I'm unclear as to whether or not the tech in the joycons work the same way as the Wii controllers did with the sensor bar or not.
    Its likely they would have to remap all the controls. Its one reason why I don't see wii games coming to The Switch VC.

the switch doesnt need a sensor bar. theres no reason why wii games wouldnt work on the switch, right joycon acts as a wii mote, left one acts as a nunchuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Its likely they would have to remap all the controls. Its one reason why I don't see wii games coming to The Switch VC.
    why would they have to remap all the controls? the switch controller not only has all the buttons and functionality the wii motes had it has more buttons
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

why would they have to remap all the controls? the switch controller not only has all the buttons and functionality the wii motes had it has more buttons
    Well The Joy-Cons has more buttons then The Num-Chuck/Wii Remote, It also has 2 sticks unlike the Num-Chuck/Wii Remote.

Then of course mapping it so it works in both portable and docked mode.

the switch doesnt need a sensor bar. theres no reason why wii games wouldnt work on the switch, right joycon acts as a wii mote, left one acts as a nunchuck.
    What do you plan on aiming with then?

As far as I know, the JoyCons only track motion, not where they're actually pointing.

Jesus guys, Xenoblade 1 can be played enitely with a traditional controller on Wii/Wii U. There is no mandatory motion controls in it. Talk about making 10 posts about a non issue.

Makes me wonder how many people actually played the game, instead of people just trying to bandwagon on every game announced for the Switch.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-05-22 at 06:21 PM.

Well The Joy-Cons has more buttons then The Num-Chuck/Wii Remote, It also has 2 sticks unlike the Num-Chuck/Wii Remote.

Then of course mapping it so it works in both portable and docked mode.
    having more buttons isnt a problem nor is it having to work in portable and docked however working undocked would probably be like playing wii games on the wiiu gamepad (if they decide to include undocked) its entirely possible wii games would be docked only as theres already a game that requires being docked

it would be like playing an nes game with a gamecube controller, they work just fine they just ignore most of the buttons (or in some cases buttons are interchangable)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    What do you plan on aiming with then?

As far as I know, the JoyCons only track motion, not where they're actually pointing.
    would probably require calibration of some sort to tell the system where it is ex: *point joycon at x for x seconds*

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Jesus guys, Xenoblade 1 can be played enitely with a traditional controller on Wii/Wii U. There is no mandatory motion controls in it. Talk about making 10 posts about a non issue.

Makes me wonder how many people actually played the game, instead of people just trying to bandwagon on every game announced for the Switch.
    No one is arguing that. It's obviously clear since the game was ported to the 3DS.

The issue is are they going to have Wii games on the virtual console even when a large majority does rely on motion/sensor bar.

would probably require calibration of some sort to tell the system where it is ex: *point joycon at x for x seconds*
    I'm not quite sure how feasible that is honestly, is the tech good enough in the JoyCon to track that?

No one is arguing that. It's obviously clear since the game was ported to the 3DS.

The issue is are they going to have Wii games on the virtual console even when a large majority does rely on motion/sensor bar.
    When specifically talking about Xenoblade it's a non issue.

Also if they make an VC emulator for gamecube games, then it will also work for Wii games(hence why one emulator on PC plays both) so there is no reason they shouldn't release the ones like Xenoblade, Super Paper Mario etc that don't have pointer controls.

I'm not quite sure how feasible that is honestly, is the tech good enough in the JoyCon to track that?
    I assume they at least have the same tech in it that they put in the Wii motion plus controller. If they did some games could be changed to work with it but I'd be surprised if that could be done through the virtual console.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Well, if you want to get technical, it will come to the west. Unlocalized, thanks to lack of region-locking.

But if Nintendo wants to, they can release the game Worldwide.

But I don't expect it to be out in the west until March 2018.
    I'm still expecting a virtual console announcement before christmas and just riding the current 'one first party game per month' strategy till then.

God knows the whole 'super nintendo virtual console' must have taken time/money when the 'new' 3ds was adopted by so few compared to everyone who stuck with their base 3ds or 3ds xl. They can milk that shit easily by just going "starved for games, heres super metroid, buy it again!".

Though i really hope the gamecube virtual console rumours are true. Though i doubt some of the classics like eternal darkness will show up again. Especially after the kickstarter pedophile scandal for the sequel.

If I remember correctly, very few games actually used the sensor bar as a pointer. There were the fps games (Duck Hunt VC, Red Steel series, the Goldeneye remake, any fps port), games which had a first person mode (the Zelda series, any minigame collection), and then a few misc games where the functionality was there, but not necessary for gameplay, but could be useful like the Super Mario Galaxy series.

Most of these could be fixed to be used with the right JoyCon's IR tracker or with gyro controls.

Xenoblade 2 won't even come out in Japan in Calendar year 2017.

It screams March 2018 JP release. If Nintendo's localization gets up to snuff(I mean what the hell else are they working on? ARMS/Mario/Splatoon localization is very minimal) it could be a WW release, if not then probably fall release 2018 in NA.

But yea, when Nintendo is saying 2017 for the game they 100% mean their fiscal year 2017, not calendar year. Don't expect to be playing the game this holiday, even in Japanese.

- - - Updated - - -

Heads up Gamestop has some new, more reasonably priced bundles up.(The Zelda one actually has no garbage, you're just saying $40 combined for Zelda Season pass and a case)

The $500 bundles must not be selling gang busters for them LOL.