Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Oh look....a catch-up mechanism. Just like since ....forever?
    They have always had catch up mechanisms in the game....

this one just so happens to be one of the quickest they have ever done.

The day you hit 110, you can be at ilvl 895+. I'd say thats pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Not sure if it is the quickest....not after 9 months of bitching how alt-unfriendly this x-pac is
    Expansions shouldn't be alt friendly at least initially. The focus should be on ONE character, not 12 from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    I mean, it's relatively straightforward to get to 870, but that barely puts you at the starting line for m+, and forget normal Nighthold.

Just because the ridiculous power inflation in legion means they had to do something to get you through the early part of progression more quickly that doesn't mean it's easy to get raid geared. It's still harder to get raid ready (for heroic at least) than it has been in any other expansion, unless you get carried in m+ and get lucky on legendaries.
    exactly this one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Yet without legendaries, AP and trinkets you are still screwed if you want to reroll. So.. no, it's not friendly just cause you can get a few more ilvl's. Actually, comparatively it's just mantaining the status of power you had in the previous patch. So... stop sheeping.
    also this is correct.

if ppl start realizing that raid ready means competitive raid ready, than they can start realizing that you need relics, trinkets, AW, not too bad legendaries and so on, to change your main, be raid rdy or whatever.

or in short: stop talkin all that fukin BS about how great Legion catchup is, just bc you get 880 in a few hours. this means nothing.

This won't end well.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    If normal mythics drop 865, then that means 865 is the ilvl where people should be moving on to Mythic +, so while I kind of agree with the sentiment there, I don't agree with the practice.

Totally agree with you there. I wish Blizzard would return to the Dungeon > Heroic Dungeons > 1st tier Raid > 2nd tier Raid > 3rd tier Raid etc. roots. A clear progression path and you either do it or you don't, but the content is there for you to actually do. Hell, I'd even be okay with 2 raid difficulties where Heroic 1st tier Raid gear drops the same ilvl as normal 2nd tier Raid so we don't see this stupid hyper inflation.

Titanforged, Warforged, etc though, that needs to go.
    gear inflation is one of the biggest cancer of wow. the world outside feels that absurd lame and lowbob dangerous that even an ape with no brain while aoe killing a trizillion mobs in 2-3 seconds. ofc its scaling, its design. but since the gear gaps have to be that big, and since we have 4 raid diffs, it became even way ore worse.

gear inflation is cancer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    This won't end well.
    well, do Jaylock threads ever end well ?
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-05-22 at 10:05 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that it is easy to gear your alts but only to 860-870 unless you get lucky with legendaries or WF/TF. This is the new base level. I see people asking for 880+ for +2 and 900+ for +5. Players who struggled before finding groups, especially DPS, will still struggle.

You can spend your time grinding Nethershards to get a higher level but that will take a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    gear inflation is one of the biggest cancer of wow. the world outside feels that absurd lame and lowbob dangerous that even an ape with no brain while aoe killing a trizillion mobs in 2-3 seconds. ofc its scaling, its design. but since the gear gaps have to be that big, and since we have 4 raid diffs, it became even way ore worse.

gear inflation is cancer.
    Agreed, that's why I'm a firm believer in there being the clear progression path, and that's it. If the only content you are ever going to do is world stuff, then the lowest level of gear is good enough for you. Sure, maybe they can toss you the occasional purple upgrade if you're lucky, but for the most part, you're a green / blue level player, and that's all the gear you'll ever need for what you're doing.

Also, the 4 raid difficulties is nonsense. 2 is pretty much where I draw the line. Sorry LFR players, but if you can't put the little work it takes to actually raid the mediocre difficulty that is a normal, then you really didn't want to see that content. Frankly, if they want to make the zone viewable to all, maybe make it a 5 man dungeon where we don't fight the actual bosses, just their lieutenants who have similar skill sets, but overall not the feeling of epicness the real bosses bring. Basically, the 5 man people get watered down Magister's Terrace Kael'Thas while the raiders that actually put in some time and effort get real fight Kael'Thas.