Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    I find myself disagreeing with the entirety of this statement, excluding the comment of Mr. President's ability to lie.

It is a hard position to argue that one can become the President of the United States without being smart and successful.
    I would argue that he actually became president because he wasn't smart. It was constantly cited that his poor ability with words was one of the reasons his supporters supported him. "He tells it like it is!"

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Literally the only "positive" thing Trump has done that can I can think of off the top of my head is pulling out of the TPP.

Where is he supposed to get positive coverage when basically everything he does is negative? Even when people try to give him good coverage, like that one speech he did before congress, he almost immediately blows it all away with a stupid tweet accusing Obama of having him wiretapped.

The man is a buffoon at the head of a party trying to be Saturday morning cartoon villains. 93% negative sounds quite generous.
    Pulling out of TPP is a short term feel good, medium term geopolitical disaster for the United States.

We'll recover because TPP will return, under a new name, in a different form. Because it's an idea's whose time has come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    It is as wrong as calling every neo nazi, alt-right and libertarian "conservatives". Conservatives just are those who keep traditions and shared values, based on the civilization they live in.
    Sure, if you want to use the dictionary definition and not the political one. Which is going to give conservatives some heartburn when they have to apply it to liberal and progressive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    I'm curious. What stories did they put out that constitutes 7% positive? This is a small number so it should be possible to list and link them yes? Right now I'm incredulous that there was even 7%.
    There was the gorsuch appointment. He's also signed a couple bland EOs -- or ones without any real teeth like the religious freedom one.

There's also some bills of no real consequence signed. He also held a few meetings that didn't result in a controversy. Gave some speeches that could be considered positive.

I mean, I get the dislike people have for Trump but it's not a real stretch to think of things he's done that would generate 7% of decent coverage.

Deleted
    Well. I cover Trump 100% negative. Bow down and pump up your numbers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Trump does a terrible job in his first 120 days, news stations cover it, Trumpkins are triggered by their coverage. News at 11.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    There was the gorsuch appointment. He's also signed a couple bland EOs -- or ones without any real teeth like the religious freedom one.

There's also some bills of no real consequence signed. He also held a few meetings that didn't result in a controversy. Gave some speeches that could be considered positive.

I mean, I get the dislike people have for Trump but it's not a real stretch to think of things he's done that would generate 7% of decent coverage.
    See also: His cyber security EO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Fox looked pretty neutral to me. That is why people from the left don't like them.
    Fox News would sing the praises of a shit sandwich, if it was served to them by a republican.

Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    The study was specific to CNN and CBS. Fox News and Briebart were not counted in this study.

10% is a pretty low bar but the reason I bring it up is that I don't remember seeing a positive piece on Trump from either of those organizations.
    The op left out the entire information because it did not fit his narrative but even Fox News is struggling to give Trump positive headlines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because about 93% of the stuff he's done has been negative.

Do only bad things and you get only bad reviews. Whodathunkit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    The left wing runs better propoganda and indoctrination than the nazis or scientolgists at this point. CNN is a joke, MSNBC is a joke and Fox News is the only one that tries to be remotely unbiased. Intenet news is shit but better sourced than CNN at this point
    *snert*
    *cough*
    heh . . haha ha BWA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAAHAA

AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA
    Ah ha ha ha

Ha

ha

No.

Thanks or the laugh though.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Thanks or the laugh though.
    "Unbiased" is altrightspeak for "Not critizizing trump too much".

So.. it fits, at some deep, deep worrying level of illusion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Literally the only "positive" thing Trump has done that can I can think of off the top of my head is pulling out of the TPP.

Where is he supposed to get positive coverage when basically everything he does is negative? Even when people try to give him good coverage, like that one speech he did before congress, he almost immediately blows it all away with a stupid tweet accusing Obama of having him wiretapped.

The man is a buffoon at the head of a party trying to be Saturday morning cartoon villains. 93% negative sounds quite generous.
    Agreed.

F free trade.

In its backside.

With an iron stick.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The left wing runs better propoganda and indoctrination than the nazis or scientolgists at this point. CNN is a joke, MSNBC is a joke and Fox News is the only one that tries to be remotely unbiased. Intenet news is shit but better sourced than CNN at this point
    I almost spit my food out when I read this. Faux new unbiased?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They shouldn't be that one sided though should they? 93%...

Jesus christ...seriously? What should they do instead? Lie and be positive? As terrible a president as Trump is his election and subsequent time spent in office has put a huge spotlight on how truly ignorant many people in this country are. At worst Trump will be gone in 8 years but we are stuck with the idiots who put him in office for decades and god only knows who they will decide to put in office next.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Jesus christ...seriously? What should they do instead? Lie and be positive?
    "Yesterday it was reported that the president casually 'declassified' highly classified information to Russian officials during his meeting with them, intelligence that was shared with the US by an ally as part of an intelligence sharing agreement. Isn't it wonderful that we have a president so eager to work with our enemies that he's willing to trust them enough to give them such sensitive information that's not even his to share?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, all news that isn't Fox News is shit or is a joke, with Fox News being the only glimmer of hope... yet, it's everyone else that is indoctrinated...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusory_superiority
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Only been a few months. What did Obama/Bush/Clinton/Reagan/Carter do in their first 100 days?
    Not be the subject of a federal investigation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Not be the subject of a federal investigation?
    There is quite a bit each one did... for example, Reagan was shot...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

What was the one positive thing he's done so far? I'm curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Not launch nuclear weapons against North Korea?

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Make Saturday Night Live good again?