Poll: Would YOU pay $20 per month, IF Blizz included Official Vanilla Legacy Realms?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    As the title states, would you pay $20 a month if Blizzard gave your sub the added bonus of being able to play on rolled back servers dedicated to a particular expansion.

I believe there is one MMO that currently does this? EQ2?

UPDATE: the EQ servers are called "Time Locked Progression" servers (TLP)

Basically a realm where you can play during an era of the game of an older expansion, and the content of that expansion is drip released over time and voted on by the players.

Would you pay the extra $5 a month to have this added benefit on an official blizzard server?
    Sigh.

Blizz is already making tremendous profit off of WoW. They could literally already offer Vanilla servers today and still be wildly profitable. It literally doesn't have anything to do with money.

WoW is a cash cow. The whole point of a cash cow is to spend the minimal amount of money to keep the customers happy enough while raking in the profits and using those funds for something else.

Blizz is already making $20 / mo on some subscriptions by virtue of the tokens. It doesn't matter who is paying the money, what matters is that for everyone who buys tokens, Blizz got $20 for that month's subscription. In return, the amount of content is only a bit more than WoD...about on par with MoP in some regards, and massively far behind from what was offered in either BC or Wrath.

I have no interest in encouraging a large corporation to increase their profits even more by offering a minor concession. It would be like paying an extra $10 for a $2 addition. It would be stupid on my part, but I'm sure Blizz would absolutely love the idea.

had to vote 'other' because the no option is too neutral. 'probably not' also means 'probably yes'.

So my answer: Other - no, never.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    God no. My biggest pushback against "legacy" servers is using resources that could be put into the retail game.

I don't play on the free vanilla servers, so why would I pay (extra) to play on one?

I'd rather milk a feral cat than play fucking vanilla again.

15+ Year Old Account
    No. I wouldn't pay more to play a worse version of the game just for nostalgia's sake. I get people are nostalgic for those years when they first started playing, but why would I pay $5 more than the normal sub to lose all the content in the game past X point? The only thing I miss about vanilla WoW are the pre-cata leveling zones. I would't pay an extra sub just to play them again though.

Deleted
    Quite honestly... no.

I would be ok with it and would dabble a bit if it was included in the sub. But i wouldnt pay for it, no.

But it doesnt mean the service is unviable. I am just more interested in a game that is beeing supported with content rather than a static one.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was worth the money, it would have been done already, so it is not. That being said id probably pay for about two months then stop, that is the max the old versions could hold my attention for. I would pay an extra 10 dollars so i can use their official map tools however, hopes and dreams.

I voted yes for the simple fact I know that there are people out there who would be very interested in it, provided there was an option for those who wanted it to pay for it, I see nothing wrong with it.

On a personal level, oh hell no. I would not chose to pay for it, nor play it.
    Karma always has the last laugh.

No way, waste of Blizzard resources and would be a waste of my sub money.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Oh I understand 100% what he meant, and i'm against charging an extra $5 for vanilla servers. If it is something blizzard decides to do it should be included with the normal cost of subscription. When you add a monetary value to it you are then opening the door for legitimate criticisms.

I've always been one of the people who said if (and that's a big IF) Blizzard decides to do vanilla, bc, wrath, cata, mop, wod servers. They should be done and patched to work with the latest content patch prior to pre-expansion patch,(for example 1.11 instead of 1.12) and no further support. No additional addon support, no windows 10 64bit support, no quest fixes, bug fixes, or otherwise unless it completely breaks the game. I've already seen people who say I want to play Vanilla, but they should keep the new models... No, you don't get the new models, you get the crappy 2004 low rez blocky models. When you add in a monetary value into it people will start wanting compensation, and it isn't unfounded.
    because why give us something that would require FUCKING TONS of dev time
    for fucking free?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    No. I wont.

And i better dont comment that any further.

hell, Jaylock! how fukin many threads a day you create ?

how do you have the time? you MUST be a Blizzard marketing analyst!

No. Not worth a price hike for a realm that most people wont play on more then a few weeks / months.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    I'd pay $20 for an official announcement that they're never going to happen.
    This 10charas

Nope.

/10char
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the worst site to ask this question, these people will eat shit from Blizzards hands, they do really cause they are most likely subscribed to the game. I know legacy is an annoying topic cause it seems to become more popular each year, but it'd be really nice to have Blizzards quality that only they can provide, and a secure place so I don't log on and 100 days is gone, which is a risk I will take. Don't include the price into all subscribers monthly fee, it should be an additional fee for those who want it.

Other - Explain -

No, 100% not.

No - probably not is a weak option. It is funny how you offer a 100% yes option, but a probably not as a no option. Biased much?

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would be more inclined to pay $20 per month to have threads created by people you have on ignore not show up on the front page's recent thread list before I paid for Vanilla realms.

Speaking of, MMO-C, can we get that as a feature?

I would. I'd love an official way to play Vanilla.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No point paying for something I won't play. That was SO ten years ago!