Thread: New Dragon Age

Page 1 of 24
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

New Dragon Age

What do you want to come of it?
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/...eing-developed

A new Dragon Age game is in the works, according to BioWare writer Alexis Kennedy.

Speaking with Eurogamer, Kennedy talked about his remote role with the RPG developer and what it's like working on such a massive project. Previously, he created Sunless Sea and scripted story DLC for Stellaris.

"There are huge differences between all of that and what I'm working on at BioWare," Kennedy told Eurogamer with a pause, adding "which I can now legitimately say is in the Dragon Age franchise although it has been known for a while.

"Notionally it was a secret but, because of who I was working with, everyone who cared knew. And then the day I started, Mark Darrah [executive producer of the Dragon Age franchise] tweeted saying, 'Welcome to the Dragon Age franchise,' so I thought, well, I guess that's official now then."
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Been waiting for this since Andromeda was announced.

Let's go get that lovable egg. And kill him. But not kill him because how can you kill the egg T_T

Too bad they never made another Dragon Age after "Origins".
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2017-05-22 at 10:18 PM.

about time.

give me Varric and Morrigan!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    since DA:I trespasser left such an open ending. It was only a matter of time before a new one would come.

HELLO TEVINTER! here we come

No Tusk Club.

It would be nice if they went back towards wrpg instead of babbys first dating sim wrapped around an ancient evil awakens madlibs plot, but thats really the modern core bioware audience so thats that.

This makes me really happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so freakin ready for this! I'm kinda hoping it'll be based in Tevinter, and we'll be playing the child of a noble there.

Will be interesting to play a mage and NOT have to choose between "Apostate" and "Slave"

Also, if they don't bring back Knight Enchanter, in it's OP pre Trespasser state, we riot!

Also: Better love interests this time please... While it was fun romancing the ugly chicks last time, can we get someone on a level with Leliana/Merril this time around?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

There was barely need for such a confirmation. Inquisition was a success, and there was no reason for Bioware to stop there. They had team changes (Patrick Weekes is now the lead writer) but nothing indicated the franchise was put on hold.

Tevinter makes perfect sense as a setting now. Gameplay-wise, taking more cues from Origins would be nice when it comes to combat pacing and a more complex ruleset. In terms of how the game is constructed, I want them to ditch Skyrim-esque open worlds. Make it semi-open, big areas perhaps but not so big that you need to put filler in them so they don't feel empty. So basically like in Origins again.

As for returning characters, well if it's in Tevinter Dorian is a given. I would also like Cole and/or Scout Harding. Alongside series mainstays that we know will be back like Morrigan and Solas.

Deleted
    Wait, Bioware hired the guy that wrote the Stellaris Horizon Signal DLC? Nice.

Now I want a Worm reference in Dragon Age. What was, will be; what will be, was.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they make it closer to "DA:O" i'll buy it for sure, if they make it closer two the other 2... no way.

Deleted
    After DAI and MEA, how can anyone still expect a good game from bioware...

Might be good if there was much less flag-planting nonsense and more actually story sidequests. Inquisition felt like 15% cool story, 85% boring filler to me.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

The fact that they left DA3 with such a cliffhanger about Solas and whatever the fuck he did to Flemeth (Steal the soul of the old one? Steal Mythal's power?).

I think we could also do with, for example, somehow the 6th and 7th Archdemons were awakened at the same time to get a true end times scenario. The game kept acting like Corypheus could destroy the world but it always felt like just a continent-threat, not a world-ending one. It would also come with the implication that there would never be a blight again when/if they are killed.

Also make the combat more like 2 again and the focused storyline more like Origins. Eliminate the 200 hours of filler bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Eliminate the 200 hours of filler bullshit.
    I liked the 200 hours of filler bullshit : (

Even more than a lot of the story content. It's so mindless and soothing/relaxing to farm out.

Deleted
    For those that don't know Horizon Signal, one of the best sci-fi events in games in years, here is a link:

http://imgur.com/a/Vsgip

I hope Alexis Kennedy can handle as great with the Dragon Age universe.

7+ Year Old Account
    A new Dragon age would be a perfect time to let us play as the warden again. They need to give him/her a voice and personality anyways and we don't need a fourth protagonist imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I liked the 200 hours of filler bullshit : (

Even more than a lot of the story content. It's so mindless and soothing/relaxing to farm out.
    I enjoyed it at first.

Then I completed the Hinterlands and started doing Emerald Graves and then quit. And just only did story stuff since I never needed to farm power again after just completing one zone. It was so uninteresting. There were so few actual interesting stories in just the zones imo.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The fact that they left DA3 with such a cliffhanger about Solas and whatever the fuck he did to Flemeth (Steal the soul of the old one? Steal Mythal's power?).

I think we could also do with, for example, somehow the 6th and 7th Archdemons were awakened at the same time to get a true end times scenario. The game kept acting like Corypheus could destroy the world but it always felt like just a continent-threat, not a world-ending one. It would also come with the implication that there would never be a blight again when/if they are killed.

Also make the combat more like 2 again and the focused storyline more like Origins. Eliminate the 200 hours of filler bullshit.
    I think the filler should just be gone period. Even in origin some of the fillers annoyed me at times. As for the story, i thought DAI was fine, it was good enough to make me interested when a sequel happens. I just hope to god they dont make the black city, Arlathan. That would just fucking suck ass. I mean the reason i found it interesting was that we learned that they didnt go with the cliche, that evil men made the city of god suck. People only think they did. But if they decided to go into an even shittier cliche, the elves are magical and everything was theres. Bioware will be dead to me.

Origins was great. I did not try DA2 and I did not finish I. I hope this one will turn out well. The last 2 games were not good enough imo.