Poll: Are they still in love?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I can't comment on love, but it doesn't look like a healthy relationship from everything we have witnessed so far. He just walks ahead and doesn't wait for her, her facial expressions when he isn't looking, her staying in New York for most of the presidency so far, and so on. I think she is probably a nice person, but she is attached to an egomaniac right now. I sort of like most of the Trump family, just not Trump himself. It is just hard to be yourself and defend Trump at the same time, which is what they are all having trouble with right now.

Joke thread is a joke.

She's the definition of a trophy (3rd)wife.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    They're visiting a country where such public displays are frowned upon. Maybe he forgot and she remembered, and didn't hold his hand outta respect for where she was.
    Look at the two people standing next to him.

---

She doesn't even stay in the White House. What kind of marriage is that?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    They're visiting a country where such public displays are frowned upon. Maybe he forgot and she remembered, and didn't hold his hand outta respect for where she was.
    So what are the Netanyahu's doing then?

- - - Updated - - -

No. He reached for her hand - to hold it, I assume. They were visiting Israel.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel bad for her, honestly. I don't think she wanted all this attention, nor do I believe she wanted to be The First Lady. People hating on her is just sad.
    Yes, I hope she's able to find some comfort.

Different situation but I had to think about Princess Masako of Japan who has/had extreme difficulty with the limelight and royal life coming from a different background and her depression. Loved it when she visited our monarch's crowning, hope she felt somewhat at ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    People overall tend to look down on stay-at-home moms and trophy wives.

It's one of those... idiotic societal trends.
    Stay-at-home moms are not hookers-for-life so don't try to compare them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people are just witch hunting at this point. Doing anything they can to discredit him and her.
    People speculate on the nature of the relationship between the president and first lady. We heard it all the time with the Obamas.

It's pretty clear something is awry. Not only has the body language between them been suspect but you seriously have to question why none of Trumps weekend trips have involved quality time with Melania. Especially on Mother's day.

It's not particularly relevant to anything, but it's really REALLY hard to see how this is anything other than a loveless trophy wife/rich husband scenario.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've read, she wants their son to finish out the school year before moving to The White House. Nothing wrong with that, imo, especially if it's a top notch school, which I assume it is based on their status.

Also, what the other two people are doing is irrelevant. They're not the President of the USA or The First Lady. What they do isn't as heavily scrutinized.
    Its not of my business but the president usually goes to Mar-a-Lago and not New York on the weekend. I would be going to New York, just saying.

Also, what the other two people are doing is irreverent. They're not the President of the USA or The First Lady. What they do isn't as heavily scrutinized.
    Donnie obviously didn't care about public scrutiny. And if she cares she doesn't have the wisdom to know that no matter what they say in Israel, the American press would make it look x100 worse? And she sure didn't care about public scrutiny in Saudi Arabi when she forwent wearing a hijab.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vieve View Post
    So what are the Netanyahu's doing then?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I hope she's able to find some comfort.

Different situation but I had to think about Princess Masako of Japan who has/had extreme difficulty with the limelight and royal life coming from a different background and her depression. Loved it when she visited our monarch's crowning, hope she felt somewhat at ease.
    She wants the attention. She considers her title as part of her brand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    We can't answer this without a statement from either one of them and it doesn't matter either way.
    Shitting me.

I remember all the side comments about the Clintons during the election. Don't play the dozens if you're afraid of the clap back.

All I'm saying is at least Michelle and Barack slept in the same bed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It's not like I made those comments, so not really sure what that has to do with anything.
    You as in Donnie and his ilk...not you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    She's off hiding from him in New York at tax payers expense. Going to go with no.
    Lets be honest, she doesn't want to play first lady, and this way Trump can nickle and dime the tax payers by charging her secret service personal rent.

No. He reached for her hand - to hold it, I assume. They were visiting Israel.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel bad for her, honestly. I don't think she wanted all this attention, nor do I believe she wanted to be The First Lady. People hating on her is just sad.
    Honestly, I don't. Melania chose her life in a gilded cage more than 20 years ago. People don't understand that women like Melania position themselves for the life she leads from an early age. Modeling, being a yacht girl (if you don't know what that is, look it up). It's all to gain access to wealthy and powerful men.

She lives a luxurious life that the rest of us can only dream of. She's not a prisoner, she can walk away at any time, no prenup is so iron clad that she would be left penniless. It might be a step down from the life she leads now, but she's going to be comfortable until the day she dies.

She might leave one day, but right now she doesn't want to. And we have no idea what their relationship is like behind closed doors, he could be loving or he could be a monster (or both). I suspect it's a bit of both, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Honestly, I don't. Melania chose her life in a gilded cage more than 20 years ago. People don't understand that women like Melania position themselves for the life she leads from an early age. Modeling, being a yacht girl (if you don't know what that is, look it up). It's all to gain access to wealthy and powerful men.
    Is that a kind of prostitute? That's what the first result in Google that wasn't about yachts themselves, but not sure if that's what you're referring to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Is that a kind of prostitute? That's what the first result in Google that wasn't about yachts themselves, but not sure if that's what you're referring to.
    Yeah basically.

I don't know. How could anyone know really. It's easy to assume she is just a bimbo that he ordered online to look pretty in his bed, but for all I know she keeps him in check.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't care... but, that meme of her "slapping" his hand away is gold...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Lol.

Delusional.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the video you are replying to, Trump looked down at Natenyahu holding hands, then reached out to his wife.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaystalk View Post
    Do you think Donald & Melania really love each other?
    No. He left each of his two ex-wives for the person he was cheating on them with most. What do you think he's been up to since marrying Melania?

They are both raising a son that they seem to care about so I would say yes on some level.